BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Rich Sharpe

@richsharpe89

told there's nothing in it.

Re Gallagher - pity.  Would have driven him myself.

Amen. Lockdown or no lockdown I’d have made my way up there and packed his bags for him. If anyone comes in with anything remotely acceptable, the club should snap their hands off.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Swanson said:

If this is going to happen, Mowbray will have to be sent PACKING - doesn't he know we are a sandwich short of a picnic AT THE BACK....

It is either shockingly stupid journalism, some no-note on a wind up, or more evidence that TM has his head up his arse. *(could be all three, I suppose).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

If this is going to happen, Mowbray will have to be sent PACKING - doesn't he know we are a sandwich short of a picnic AT THE BACK....

It is either shockingly stupid journalism, some no-note on a wind up, or more evidence that TM has his head up his arse. *(could be all three, I suppose).

Also yes.

Edited by Swanson

55 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Was hoping it was Joe Bryan.  Another middle of the road midfielder looks like. Probably a step up from Bucko, Davenport,  Trybull and Downing though🙄

31 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Game on Sky, could be a last ditch attempt from him to get his prem move in this window so I expect to see him shooting on sight at every opportunity and hoping a couple fly in.

If a couple fly in, I will be happy enough.

• Like 1

Interesting to see so many players out of contract in the summer. I would personally offer the following new deals:

- Nyambe, Rothwell, Johnson, Holtby, Rankin-Costello. 

I would release:

- Bell, Williams, Evans, Downing, Mulgrew, Bennet

In terms of loan signings, Elliot is obviously incredible but no chance of him coming back for another year. Braithwaite is good too but he'll be in and around the Everton squad next year so that's unrealistic. Trybull is not good enough, Douglas has been poor but I'd be tempted to buy him on a cheap deal as back up. I think there's more to come from him. 

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

Interesting to see so many players out of contract in the summer. I would personally offer the following new deals:

I would release:

In terms of loan signings, Elliot is obviously incredible but no chance of him coming back for another year. Braithwaite is good too but he'll be in and around the Everton squad next year so that's unrealistic. Trybull is not good enough, Douglas has been poor but I'd be tempted to buy him on a cheap deal as back up. I think there's more to come from him. 

I agree with all that but unfortunately I can see us keeping Bell and Williams due to having limited amount of defenders and letting them go would demand new fees for new players.

I also can't see him letting Evans go as he is a full international and would look towards getting a fee for him. 

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

I would release:

I'd agree with all the released. Nyambe and Rothwell I would keep. The other 3 have question marks for me. Johnson I fear his legs will be/have gone. The other 2 I like but maybe too injury prone 

45 minutes ago, deanives said:

I agree with all that but unfortunately I can see us keeping Bell and Williams due to having limited amount of defenders and letting them go would demand new fees for new players.

I also can't see him letting Evans go as he is a full international and would look towards getting a fee for him. 

Evans must be on big wages, same goes for Williams. Both are decent players when they're fully fit but the problem is they're never fully fit. Both need a retirement home.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rovers11 said:

I would release:

I think I largely agree with this. I don't mind Bell being kept as a back up as long as we go out and sign a genuine starting LB. I wouldn't be bothered about Douglas; probably on a decent wage, hasn't shown anything & he's getting on a bit for that position. 

I'd keep Williams as he's looked good at CB when he's been fit and I doubt he's on a lot. The others can go. 

• Like 1

Mowbray has always struggled to be ruthless when the time comes for summer renewals. Remember when Conway got offered a new deal, when Bennett, Evans, Smallwood, Williams and Mulgrew got new lengthy deals as rewards, when Gladwin got a pity contract, when Smallwood, Hart and Samuel got offered a few weeks extension again for no reason but pity, and the hapless Bell got an extension again last summer. He doesnt have it in him to be ruthless. Williams, Bell, Downing, Bennett and Evans have to be released no question, and Johnson and Holtby still have work to do.

• Like 4