BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need players who will add quality. Yes there are few free players who might but depends on wages demands. 

How many of us ever heard of Nelsen or Sambe before Hughes signed them? 

Tugay and Friedal was known to Souness through past connections of managing them.

Kaminski was scouted for ages and recommend by our former head of European scouting Glyn Chamberlain

Would be fairly good signing and could possible fill in at left back if need be

Would take him as he is quality midfielder and someone Mowbray wanted to sign  last January on a permanent deal

Really? How much would he have cost? Feels like we wouldn't have been able to afford him?

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19519380.blackburn-rovers-transfer-search-set-go-wire/

It seems like we are going to try and get experience through the market after all, but it requires the risk of waiting as long as possible at which time the parent club will become more desperate. We do desperately need experience if possible although 3 games will have passed before the end of the window, and his experienced loanees last year were shit, I hope he doesn't go back for the useless Trybull. Also, he wanted Ben Davies from Liverpool but we couldn't afford him.

This doesn't imply that he is going to get the funds to get in a proper replacement for Armstrong either, although maybe that is taking the below too literally:

“I’m pretty confident that by the end of the window we’ll have probably filled our loan quota and hopefully we might have signed one or two young players.”

He implied last week or the week before that he didn't know that it would be solely relying on kids on loan, and perhaps that the players released were done so because of their wages and he didnt have full say on that.

Article suggests to me that Armstrong's replacement will be a permanent deal and the rest loans 

When he speaks about having 5 or 6 names on a list to replace Arma.

I do think we will spend money on a forward

Edited by islander200

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Every decent national team has players at TOP clubs. The USA is not a country we should be modelling our youth development pathways from.

It costs around $3000 a year for kids to play competitive soccer in America. Just 11% of boys and girls registered in clubs are from households that earn less than $25,000 a year. Meanwhile, more than one-third are from households that make more than $100,000 a year.

The US model is built on a pay to play system, which limits their talent pool. They are a country 10x the size and population of our own, with probably one tenth of the quality we have. Replicating a US system would be an unforgivable step back for the FA.

The EPPP has issues, PL2 Under 23's football has it's issues, but the system we have in place in England in 2021 is far superior to what's going on over the pond. For every Christian Pulisic you can put forward from the USMNT, we've got 5 players rivalling that.

31 minutes ago, JoeH said:

In comparison to England, which is what this conversation was originally about, the USMNT IS shocking. A country with 10x the population of ours, with nothing to show for it. The quality of the league is poor, the quality of the national team is nothing like ours, and the youth development has major flaws.

No Joe, the original post was about a better system similar to the USAs, in that schools and the FA should run matters not clubs. It was also mentioned that money should not be a barrier, as this way more kids would receive better coaching and opportunities across the whole country.  You seem to have taken great offence to this and started going of on parallels of your own making by not fully reading and digesting the words that were written and started spouting of about how bad the yanks are at soccer.

The people running the club would be insane not to replace Armstrong with a permanent addition. 

If you aren't going to invest having just turned a 7-8 fold profit on one of your last investments then you never will.

True I would prioritise termination of Mowbray and Venus' contracts and then give funds to a new manager but that clearly isn't going to happen.

No use moaning about FFP if you aren't going to invest funds received into new investments and assets.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not sure I agree with you, seen ntcham a good few times for Celtic having worked in Glasgow at football games, he goes from looking really good to disinterested and a liability. There is no consistency there and we have too many like that currently for my liking 

I'm with you on Ntcham. Seen plenty of Celtic games with a Celtic supporting mate, including plenty of their European games (which I'm sure will be highlighted as a plus point that he's played at level) and he flatters to deceive a lot of the time. That being said, there's a player in there and he would be a bit of a coup for us in the state we're in now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

No relevance? He played at a US university with Rovers signing him after he played a few seasons n the MLS. He wasn't the finished article by any stretch when he left New Zealand. 

He was 21 when he left New Zealand. How is that no relevance? He did not come through their youth set up. Although not the finished article, to say he is the product of their youth set up is stretching the point. How do you know he wouldn’t have made it if he didn’t go to the US? Chris Woods has had a very successful career and didn’t need to go to the US.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

No Joe, the original post was about a better system similar to the USAs, in that schools and the FA should run matters not clubs. It was also mentioned that money should not be a barrier, as this way more kids would receive better coaching and opportunities across the whole country.  You seem to have taken great offence to this and started going of on parallels of your own making by not fully reading and digesting the words that were written and started spouting of about how bad the yanks are at soccer.

FOOTBALL ULRICH…..FOOTBALL 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not sure I agree with you, seen ntcham a good few times for Celtic having worked in Glasgow at football games, he goes from looking really good to disinterested and a liability. There is no consistency there and we have too many like that currently for my liking 

I don't have any basis on this retort, but couldn't the quality and competitiveness of the SPL (and lockdown) have any baring on his disinterest?

(I know Celtic were battered to the title) but surely when you canter to victory every other week its hard to stay motivated besides 4 Old Fims a season.

But I'll go off the consensus, if he's going to be a luxury player, not ready for the battle, and on big wages, then I'd rather we avoid. 

When Obafemi decides then he'll move down the list, that seems pretty apparent. Armstrong must have earned good wages here, and if he wants him replaced he has to fork out a few £. Mowbrays loan strategy with more players coming in towards the end of the window makes perfect business sense, so no complaints from me.

• Backroom

I’m expecting to get to the last day of the window with only a loan or two extra in then we won’t sign a permanent striker, Mowbray will come out and say we couldn’t get them over the line due to demands and people will smile and nod, then there will be no money in January.

Really hope I’m wrong and we get some quality additions in soon 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, blue_n_white99 said:

Two games in and Mogadon is coming out with this shite: https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-team-news-forest-21332142

Did the club release 12 players without the smoggie simpleton realising? Who could have known that when that many leave it would leave holes in the squad.

We are 3 games in, but If we carry on with the current league form I couldn’t care less what Mowbray says and neither should you.

Ronaldo leaving Juve, Balaji do your stuff. 

Edited by Gav

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’m expecting to get to the last day of the window with only a loan or two extra in then we won’t sign a permanent striker, Mowbray will come out and say we couldn’t get them over the line due to demands and people will smile and nod, then there will be no money in January.

I fear that will happen as well, and we'll end up with a freebie or a very raw loan player, then he won't use the January window because the prices are inflated. If he doesn't manage to sign one of the five or six names he has shortlisted, then that says more about Rovers as a club and Tony as a manager than anything imho.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ulrich said:

You seem to have taken great offence to this

Giving my opinion doesn't equate to offence taken. I'm not offended. I'm passionate about the sport and enjoy a good natter about it. 

28 minutes ago, Tom said:

Exactly what will happen. The story of pretty much all his transfer windows.

Big talk in the last few weeks, followed by a few cheap frees or loans and sob stories about trying our best, unfair conditions and keeping powder dry until next window.

Always tomorrow, never today with the resident excuse makers at Ewood.

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Exactly what will happen. The story of pretty much all his transfer windows.

Big talk in the last few weeks, followed by a few cheap frees or loans and sob stories about trying our best, unfair conditions and keeping powder dry until next window.

Always tomorrow, never today with the resident excuse makers at Ewood.

What are you talking about ? Pretty much the same as every window?

7 on Brererton, 5 on Gallagher the multitude of other signings that were expensive,Holtby ,Ayala etc.

Every season he has been here he has brought plenty of players in in the summer.

Ayala, Johnson ,Downing were not cheap deals for the club.

Last summer I remember you criticizing the club when it appeared we had lost out on Ayala,saying we wouldn't spend the money to bring him in.That was a costly deal as we're the other free transfer signings we have done in the last 3 years.

Edited by islander200
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom said:

This is what i'm expecting too,i will be very happy to be proved wrong but previous experience points to a hectic last day trying to get anybody signed and sealed before its too late.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

We are 3 games in, but If we carry on with the current league form I couldn’t care less what Mowbray says and neither should you.

Ronaldo leaving Juve, Balaji do your stuff. 

Give over Gav. 2 games.

If we're still averaging 2 points per game after 10 games then you will have a point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

going into autumn/winter with a miniscule squad like ours is basically just a suicide note in the footballing sense,when injuries and fatigue kick in tony will be dipping into the academy players,god help us if we get a real injury crisis which do happen

We're at that point already - he's got players on the bench that he's terrified to throw on as they're untested Academy graduates. 

Why he didn't play them against Morecambe I'll never know. 

10 hours ago, JBiz said:

That quote wasn’t even in reply to you 47er, the reason he was substituted is he had no impact.

Unlike the previous Saturday.

You're avoiding discussion of where he's being played. That's why your post is pertinent to mine.

Shouldn't be upfront in the middle should he?

I think tonight's game might send out a message to potential players on how Rovers stand even with just 3 games on the clock.

Rovers win sees them joint top and therefore a potentially good option to go and play.

Rovers draw doesn't do them any harm, its another point on the road.

Rovers defeat will see Mowbray deal out some lame excuses which will go against Rovers and whatever ambition they retain.

25 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I think tonight's game might send out a message to potential players on how Rovers stand even with just 3 games on the clock.

Rovers win sees them joint top and therefore a potentially good option to go and play.

Rovers draw doesn't do them any harm, its another point on the road.

Rovers defeat will see Mowbray deal out some lame excuses which will go against Rovers and whatever ambition they retain.

We started well last season remember. 

We will get the inevitable slump at some point in the season. Points now are like gold to us.

• Like 5