BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic (h) 5/4/21 - the new Tax Year Special

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Matt Damon, in his least challenging role yet, plays beleaguered soccer manager Tony Mowbray as he sleeps for 90 minutes in a dug out whilst his team get dicked yet again.

The Bournemouth Supremacy. 

Suppose we shouldn't be laughing about it but very good!

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

442 all day long for me!....Where’s the modern day variants of Hird and Bailey when you could really do with them?

far to simple for tony to consider im`e afraid,he`d be worried that the formation actually encourages forward passing and some direct,long balls,as for mondays game,plenty of bumbling about sideways then concede a sloppy goal and we lose 0-1,rinse and repeat next saturday as well

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

“In my mind, we’ve got seven games to go, we’ll win enough football matches not to get concerned"

Tony Mowbray: Rovers 'will win enough not to get concerned' | Lancashire Telegraph

At least he knows how many games are left. 

He should already be concerned as we have failed in his own target of top six. Now he's not concerned about a imminent relegation scrap. 

The man is embarrassing.

• Like 5

Never in all my years supporting Rovers have I been unsure as to what I want from a game. I always, always want us to win & dream of us beating everyone 5-0 every game.

I now don't know. Yes, I want that 5-0 win cos I love Rovers, BUT, that 5-0 win would be the worst result as it will relieve a ton of pressure off Mowbray & get the FB posse purring again.

A draw? Meh, doesn't really do anything but does get us another desperately needed point.

A 1-0 or a 2-1? God knows we need the points but again, it's a win for uncle knobhead & I don't want any pressure taking off him!

A 5-0 tonking? I hate seeing us get walloped, but it does highlight how poor he is yet again, but will it really make any difference? It should, but I doubt very much it will.

I hate feeling like this. I should want that 5-0 win every week & I just don't but I also don't want us to go down! Aaarrrggghhh! 

Mowbray, Waggott, Venkys! you have done this to me, yes you! Now one of you can make things slightly better by sacking one or two of the others, now get it done!

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Never in all my years supporting Rovers have I been unsure as to what I want from a game. I always, always want us to win & dream of us beating everyone 5-0 every game.

I now don't know. Yes, I want that 5-0 win cos I love Rovers, BUT, that 5-0 win would be the worst result as it will relieve a ton of pressure off Mowbray & get the FB posse purring again.

A draw? Meh, doesn't really do anything but does get us another desperately needed point.

A 1-0 or a 2-1? God knows we need the points but again, it's a win for uncle knobhead & I don't want any pressure taking off him!

A 5-0 tonking? I hate seeing us get walloped, but it does highlight how poor he is yet again, but will it really make any difference? It should, but I doubt very much it will.

I hate feeling like this. I should want that 5-0 win every week & I just don't but I also don't want us to go down! Aaarrrggghhh! 

Mowbray, Waggott, Venkys! you have done this to me, yes you! Now one of you can make things slightly better by sacking one or two of the others, now get it done!

Great post.

I think needs must and the situation is so dire that first and foremost we need the points to limp over the line to safety.

Even if we manage that however it wouldn't change my opinion that Mowbray is one of the worst managers I've seen at the Club in 50 years given the amount of time and backing he's been afforded by the owners.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Good post!

The Coventrio have us sewn up so much that this is now an impossibility ''Now one of you can make things slightly better by sacking one or two of the others, now get it done!''

Q: What is a gathering of Twats called?

A; The Coventrio

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rigger said:

Personally I think 4-3-3 leaves our full-backs exposed, and adds nothing up front.

I think our midfield mix isn't right and With Douglas and Nyambe as full backs. I think we might have been better playing 3-5-2 this season

3 hours ago, darrenrover said:

442 all day long for me!....Where’s the modern day variants of Hird and Bailey when you could really do with them?

Its depends on the squad you have and what's suits the squad. Our current squad doesn't suit the way Mowbray wants to play. So he needs to adapt

4 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Travis was fit on Friday but completely left out of the 20 man squad! 

I'm not going to slate this by TM. We are likely not to go down (mainly because we have such a large cushion and will scab a couple of draws to make sure) so no need to rush him back. Goodness knows how many players we have rushed back only to get reinjured, so no need to add Travis to that list. Heck Travis has already been thrown in when not fully fit this season. A bit of caution and making sure we have the best chance to have him fully for next year is more important. 

As for the game, two crap managers bailed out by the quality of their players. I think their manager may be worse, but their players are better. So going for a Rovers draw showing "we can compete with anyone in the division." Never will such a draw be heralded as such a heroic result. And the point will edge us comfortably towards safety. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Our current squad doesn't suit the way Mowbray wants to play. So he needs to adapt

Strange, you were saying the opposite before Christmas.   You said our attacking ethos was correct and all teams should play that way to get promote. 

You just can't get away with this mate...have you had your memory wiped?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think our midfield mix isn't right and With Douglas and Nyambe as full backs. I think we might have been better playing 3-5-2 this season

Its depends on the squad you have and what's suits the squad. Our current squad doesn't suit the way Mowbray wants to play. So he needs to adapt

Mowbray put the feckin squad together!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

Don't think Armstrong will feature. There's more to that situation than meets the eye IMO.

Agree.

I think Armstrong may well have played his last game for Rovers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Agree.

I think Armstrong may well have played his last game for Rovers.

transfer has probably already been arranged and armstrong or his new club does`nt want to risk injury,rushing him back for a game was unprofessional imo,especially with a sore hamstring,tony has done the same with travis,who`s looked a shadow of the player he was,it`s obvious he`s playing with the same injury and nowhere near fit

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

transfer has probably already been arranged and armstrong or his new club does`nt want to risk injury

I can only see Sheff Utd or West Brom as his destination...........or the knuckledraggers anyone?

Edited by Sparks Rover

11 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

transfer has probably already been arranged and armstrong or his new club does`nt want to risk injury,rushing him back for a game was unprofessional imo,especially with a sore hamstring,tony has done the same with travis,who`s looked a shadow of the player he was,it`s obvious he`s playing with the same injury and nowhere near fit

I think they saw what happened with Dack on the eve of his alleged money spinning move and they don’t want the same thing happening with Armstrong.

• Like 3

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Reckon we’ll draw this ala Norwich with the Mowbray brigade coming right out of the woodwork even though it’ll still be 1 win in 14. 

Wishful thinking.  No focus,  nothing to play for, the team changes every week.....Bournemouth have a settled team, young hungry manager and everything to play for.

0-3 if we are lucky.