BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic (h) 5/4/21 - the new Tax Year Special

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

as much as i don`t like his tactics i think it`a case of him running out of ideas more than not having a clue,he`s now just hanging on for a severance cheque in the hope he gets sacked,thats the main reason iv`e taken to disliking him,it`s not very honourable is it??and tony said he was an honourable man

Even a broken clock gets it right at some point ..

I used to live in Boscombe way back in my uni days, so I feel rather torn between the two teams. It's quite savage that I actually feel that way given rovers have been my team since I was 8, the joys of Indian subducation, sorry ownerships.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Meesh said:

We've got the joint-worst form in the league over the last 12 games.

Forgetting Mowbray for a moment, a point would be decent today. Three would probably see us safe, assuming we can pick up a few in our remaining six games.

Other than that, what a depressing time it's been since January. I don't think I've seen a worse implosion in my time supporting Rovers.

made worse that we have got a half decent side that should be on the cusp of the top six,with a couple of addition we should be challenging for promotion

For those that do the "predictor" stuff, how many more points do we "need" to stay up? I assume it we lose the last 7 we won't? 

Surely NOBODY of sane mind would want us to win too many games /get more points than absolutely needed to avoid relegation, as every Mowbray win feels like it gets him far too much security. 

Nightmare scenario is we pick up 14+ points from these 7 games and that pleb gets another summer/season.

What a dreadful season with a dreadful manager. 1) We MUST stay up and 2) We MUST not allow Mowbray any "momentum" to stay on as Manager beyond May 2021.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I suspect that he will continue to give him the easiest of easy rides in post match interviews however.

Has to protect the BBC Lancashire rights to interview the manager/players. 

The club could be ban them easily. 

Easy for you to say what you do. 

Did you hear Bayes rip into the manager and some of players? Probably not

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

For those that do the "predictor" stuff, how many more points do we "need" to stay up? I assume it we lose the last 7 we won't? 

Surely NOBODY of sane mind would want us to win too many games /get more points than absolutely needed to avoid relegation, as every Mowbray win feels like it gets him far too much security. 

Nightmare scenario is we pick up 14+ points from these 7 games and that pleb gets another summer/season.

What a dreadful season with a dreadful manager. 1) We MUST stay up and 2) We MUST not allow Mowbray any "momentum" to stay on as Manager beyond May 2021.

Last year 3rd bottom got 48, season before 40 and season before that 43. The again we went down with 51 but that was a massive outlier. 

2014-2015 Championship League Table (thefishy.co.uk)  change the year on this and you can see for yourself

I'd be surprised if we don't have enough now. Rotherham need to win 4 games just to go above us. 

In my opinion any talk of going down is ridiculous. Perhaps the season is that boring that talking like that is the only thing one can do to try and inject some excitement into the turgidity of 7 more dead rubber borefests?

I think we already have enough points on 46 (plus the GD cushion) to stay up. During the last 5 games all the teams below us have hardly caught up any points and with games running out are all very unlikely to all start going on winning streaks (especially when you factor in the fact that a lot of the teams below us are playing each other several times, lol).

After seeing the team with no Brereton or Gallagher I think we should get a draw today so I will go for 1-1. Bournemouth are not the type of team to sit in and keep us out easily. We will definitely score.

Edited by Banzai

5 minutes ago, Banzai said:

In my opinion any talk of going down is ridiculous. Perhaps the season is that boring that talking like that is the only thing one can do to try and inject some excitement into the turgidity of 7 more dead rubber borefests?

I think we already have enough points on 46 (plus the GD cushion) to stay up. During the last 5 games all the teams below us have hardly caught up any points and with games running out are all very unlikely to all start going on winning streaks (especially when you factor in the fact that a lot of the teams below us are playing each other several times, lol).

After seeing the team with no Brereton or Gallagher I think we should get a draw today so I will go for 1-1. Bournemouth are not the type of team to sit in and keep us out easily. We will definitely score.

We aren't that far off the drop zone Banzai. Rotherham have 4 games in hand.

image.png.26e8ffded49bb7570ccd12d11ada5bf8.png

Edited by Cherry Blue