BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic (h) 5/4/21 - the new Tax Year Special

29 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

His form was pretty poor but has Trav had a bust up with Tony? Gone from being the teachers pet (players words) to not even making the squad. Hopefully Trav gave him an earful.

Thats what ive heard and from Mowbrays interview, all but confirms.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

So the reason we're struggling to score apparently is "the situation with the forwards".

Roughly translated as:

"I wasted £12m on two strikers who don't look up to it at the best of times but I've them look even worse by sticking them out on the wing all season due to my inexplicable obsession with "wide forwards".

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

People should change their minds when appropriate. You're completely right to have done so. And I think people should lay off giving you shit for it. If people get shit for changing their mind, it makes them less likely to change their minds in future, even if just subconsciously. It might have been a factor in why you didn't change your mind, having had flak for changing it in the past.

I also think, however, that admitting now that you were wrong back then wouldn't do any harm in that area. Apologies if you already have somewhere and I haven't seen it. But if you haven't, admitting it might get people to stop being jackasses to you about it.

I agree with your 1st paragraph and you are right. I did give post a detail opinion into why I change my mind on Mowbray and wanted him out on the 18th February the day after the Barnsley game which we lost. 

I have just said to Bbrovers just now I was wrong for this season for backing Mowbray but I don't believe I was wrong for not want him out in the first 2 seasons since our performance. 

1 minute ago, Banzai said:

Cardiff are shockingly 3-0 down at ex bottom club Sheffield Wednesday.

They are likely to be 10 points off the play-offs by Saturday and hence season over. So I expect a terrible game with both teams on the beach similar to the recent Bristol City draw. So we should easily get something out of it.

You're an optimist! More likely we'll get the backlash and crumble to humiliating defeat as Cardiff are physical and Rovers are a team of fragile dwarves.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

His form was pretty poor but has Trav had a bust up with Tony? Gone from being the teachers pet (players words) to not even making the squad. Hopefully Trav gave him an earful.

6 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Ah. Well that's encouraging to hear. 

Mind you like we need Travis. Because next season Rothwell and the Trybull will be tearing it up in the middle, Downing has another year left in him, Johnson a couple more years left and Holtby and Evans can do the hard yards. We've also got Buckley who can play there if he isn't needed at right back or false nine. So totally covered and not a problem if Travis is frozen out whatsoever. 

Edited by Blue blood

29 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

• Moderation Lead
44 minutes ago, broadsword said:

I honestly don't know how much more of this I can endure. 

It's my birthday next Saturday. I have this dread fear in my guts, that Moggadon will still be here

For what it’s worth, mine is the last game of the season. Could be a right shit birthday, that one!

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

For what it’s worth, mine is the last game of the season. Could be a right shit birthday, that one!

You ll have more birthdays under your belt than we ll points come that last game .. ..thats a gimme ..😉

14 minutes ago, m1st said:

Can anybody on here please explain to me why, if the owners were so ruthless as to sack BFS after one bad result - that Man Utd game - they've been so incredibly lenient with Teflon Tony?

No disrespect, but you've been sleepwalking through the last eleven years. The dark lord promised untold dreams, the greedy nasty twat took over, it never recovered and now we are back to my post, we are the forgotten club.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree with your 1st paragraph and you are right. I did give post a detail opinion into why I change my mind on Mowbray and wanted him out on the 18th February the day after the Barnsley game which we lost. 

I have just said to Bbrovers just now I was wrong for this season for backing Mowbray but I don't believe I was wrong for not want him out in the first 2 seasons since our performance. 

Yeh I saw your post to Bbrovers tbf, it was right after mine. That's fair enough Chaddy, if you're admitting you were wrong before the point at which you officially changed your mind.

I would respectfully disagree that you weren't also wrong in previous seasons, due to the fact that the same shortcomings have been evident to a lot of people for a lot longer, and they never seemed to change. It's the results that have worsened, more than the decision-making capability (although the real cause for the deterioration in results this season has been the stubborn clinging to this new possession style that doesn't work).

I believe I'm in my third spell of wanting TM gone. Arguably fourth...I relented a little in January when the results improved but I was still very concerned and didn't truly think it was going to change, just that perhaps it was worth a few more games to see if we could progress. Each spell has eventually been ended by a decent run of results, though I've always maintained reservations and been concerned about his stubborn inability to spot his errors.

I think you've briefly wanted him out once before haven't you? At the end of the 1 win in 11 run? I can understand why at times you haven't wanted him gone, as I've been in the same boat on occasion (albeit far more frequently in the get rid camp). I'd say it turns out I was wrong to be willing to persevere with him on those occasions too. It seemed right at the time but has turned out wrong.

I absolutely won't be swayed again into wanting him to stay. I don't care if we win all the remaining games, which we won't. Far too many false dawns now.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, booth said:

He did for a different club.

"I'm an honourable guy." Tony Mowbray after he resigned from Coventry City.

"It’s not my decision." Tony Mowbray after he didn't resign from Blackburn Rovers.

It's not rocket science to understand the difference between the two.

For the amount of aggravation he would have been getting he wouldn't have been on a big salary at Coventry whereas he'll be on way more here.

I don't expect anyone in his position would walk away  from here 1without any form of pay off but surely in normal circumstances him and his agent could have approached the Club at any point recently to request a payoff and departure "by mutual consent".

Sick of alluding to it but you do wonder if he's hanging on for another reason.

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

You ll have more birthdays under your belt than we ll points come that last game .. ..thats a gimme ..😉

•  

In your dreams! 😏

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mustard said:

He says the goals aren’t there due to our striker situation...??  What?!  We don’t score cause we create fuck all due to absolutely bobbins tactics.  It’s not as if we miss a wealth of chances each game.  Hell, I can barely think of 5 clear-cut chances across the last 14 games. 

He has 3 fit strikers to choose from - all of whom he brought to the club.  What striker 'situation' do we have?

FFS go Mowbray.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Without Sheff Weds 6 point deduction we'd be deep in the shite.

Top and bottom of it.

Wouldn't it be refreshing if an LT journalist fired that at Waggott the next time he tried to claim Mowbray was a "great" manager.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

He has 3 fit strikers to choose from - all of whom he brought to the club.  What striker 'situation' do we have?

FFS go Mowbray.

This was exactly what I thought. Not having had Armstrong available much recently is a legitimate thing to mention, but it's hardly bloody relevant to today, is it? There isn't a single striker who wasn't available today...unless he wants to count Dack due to that 'false 9' bollocks.

• Like 1

TM feeling sorry for himself about not having Dack is likely to be rubbing off on the other players, who are clearly feeling sorry for themselves about not having the Joker of the dressing room around. Deal with it, stop making excuses and get on with it the lot of you. Alternatively, just leave.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

You should play for us. Sounds like you've got a rocket of a foot...

You're not wrong pal...I could kick 65 yard field goals for fun at Uni in USA! (that's with my left foot, should see my right foot!) 🤣

I'm laughing but really feel like crying....cnuts!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

You're not wrong pal...I could kick 65 yard field goals for fun at Uni in USA! (that's with my left foot, should see my right foot!) 🤣

I'm laughing but really feel like crying....cnuts!

All we need to do now is get your foot (whichever one) in range of Tony's backside and we are good.

• Like 4