BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Barnsley (a) 18/9/21

Having that settled back 4 and top keeper has earned that point today despite the lack of nous in front of them.

At least we are now able to grind out points when the side isn't clicking and the manager is more interested in fulfilling his loan obligations.

• Like 3

kaminski - game saver. Excellent.

Back four.........ok. No one stood out for me.

Rothwell - anonymous. Not one productive run that I can remember.

Travis - Getting better. Thank God.

Buckley - As usual, 'good' mixed with 'so disappointing.' Has a lot to learn.

Dolan - Lots of energy but no end product.

Brereton - Poor finishing as usual............it cost us. Frustrating player to watch.

Poveda - very disappointing. Nothing he tried came off.

Clarkson - looks lightweight and missed a great chance.

Khadra - looks the best of the newcomers to me. Set up TWO brilliant chances.

Edun - Nothing worked for him today but let's give him a chance.

• Like 5

Not too much to say about that game really, we were good first half without threatening their keeper and poor second.

The only glimpses of real quality came from Khadra when he came on. Very disappointed he and Butterworth didn't  start.

Can't see much in Poveda or Clarkson at all. Noticeable the 3 loanees got a run out today and our own player Butterworth didn't. Must be very dispiriting for him after doing well on Tuesday.

Another disappointing showing from Brereton up top. Needs to concentrate on playing and staying on his feet instead of going down and/or moaning with hands in air all the time.

Nyambe excellent, Travis a lot better, Lenihan and Pickering a bit shaky.

A point nearer safety.

Mowbray out.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 4

Do people really think that playing out of position is a free pass to have a piss poor game? I'm full aware it's not ideal but these are professional footballers. I still expect a decent display from players asked to do a job elsewhere. Can't believe some people think it's just acceptable to have a bad game because it's not your preferred position.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Clarkson may have been played out of position but of the 3 shots we had, his was the third and on target.

I mean if you look at it like that sure...

This is why you can't judge a player/game on stats alone.

He side footed it fairly meekly at the keeper, a fantastic chance. If you side foot it there you've gotta hit the corner, he might get away with hitting it there if he had put his laces through it.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Attendance 13640

Away             1647

Not a bad following considering, we've got Tony Mowbray.

In the real world fans understand Venkys have destroyed the club and will continue to do so, Mowbray is trying his best against a backdrop of incompetence, bad advice and no budget.

1600 away at Barnsley with no chance of promotion is a superb effort, I salute everyone of us.

Venkys Out.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

In the real world fans understand Venkys have destroyed the club and will continue to do so, Mowbray is trying his best against a backdrop of incompetence, bad advice and no budget.

1600 away at Barnsley with no chance of promotion is a superb effort, I salute everyone of us.

Venkys Out.

Why do you keep saying Mowbray has had no budget?This summer yes.

But he has been backed every other summer he has been here.

Agreed Venkys are the main issue but this no budget defence of Mowbray isn't true .Clubs with similar levels of non owner funded income can only dream of paying 7 million for a single player.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Clubs with similar levels of non owner funded income can only dream of paying 7 million for a single player.

And more significantly be allowed to put players on a wage that results in a £20 million loss every season. 

* I’d wager there aren’t many managers in the championship that are allowed to operate at a £20 million loss, with a big salary, with no pressure and no targets. Best job in the world. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 6

44 minutes ago, frosty said:

I don't get it when people say that! We're not going to carry on doing that for the rest of the season are we? That literally only covers our last two games. We'd go up automatically if we go unbeaten for the rest of the season......so that won't be the bigger picture at all.

Either way, there's no chance of a playoff place with Mowbray here.

not if we draw them all we wont

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, matt83 said:

And more significantly be allowed to put players on a wage that results in a £20 million loss every season. 

* I’d wager there aren’t many managers in the championship that are allowed to operate at a £20 million loss, with a big salary, with no pressure and no targets. Best job in the world. 

Aye but it's a journey you'll never stop telling your grandkids about 👍😉

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Why do you keep saying Mowbray has had no budget?This summer yes.

How much did he spend in January 21 transfer window? 

How much did he spend last summer 20?

How much in January 2020 transfer window? 

Edited by Gav

Got to be pleased with two clean sheets in a row. Never expected it under Mowbray so early in the season. Getting rid of all those senior stalwarts has clearly helped. Better team spirit, the lads look to be putting in a shift and we dont have ten players for every midfield position(also happened under Gary Bowyer). Feel more positive about this young team with most players still to make their reputations. But we have rode our luck again. Lets just hope Ayala doesnt get injured}

17 minutes ago, Gav said:

Compare our spending to clubs with similar income there won't be any comparison our wage bill and transfer spend will exceed those clubs.

He brought 11 players to the club last summer and added Pickering in January.

Up until Armstrong was sold we had sold one first team player in his time at the club in Raya.

With the money he has had available in his time here the squad should be in much better shape there is no arguing with that and unless you can prove to me it isn't Mowbray in charge of how the budget on the playing side is spent then Mowbray can have no complaints over the finance he has had up until this summer

Edited by islander200
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Compare our spending to clubs with similar income there won't be any comparison our wage bill and transfer spend will exceed those clubs.

So I assume the answer is Mowbray has spent nothing?

The last time we spent decent money was 2019, 2yrs ago, we've spent bugger all since.

Who are these clubs you talk about Islander? How are these clubs doing better than we are?

Please don't think I'm having a go at you, thats not my intention, I'm just trying to understand why you think he's been backed every summer he's been here? 

Edited by Gav