BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (h) - 23/10/2021

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He was centre back/left back actually but we are talking about a legend of the game. 

Ideally you want a natural balance to a back 4 and that include a left foot at left back and right foot at right back

But this is not about ideally, it is about who is the best to fill in.

I wish that Dolan would stop doing his goal celebration. It is spectacular to witness, but he could end up injuring himself. On Saturday he got it wrong, but luckily there was no bad outcome. In fact he gave a wry smile to the Blackburn end.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, rigger said:

But you wanted Carter who is a center-half who can fill in at full-back

Carter has played there before as I stated but this is 3rd choice. 

14 minutes ago, rigger said:

But this is not about ideally, it is about who is the best to fill in.

Yes in a 25 man squad you should have 2 players for each position and you shouldn't need fill in's unless injuries and suspension played a part. 

55 minutes ago, rigger said:

I wish that Dolan would stop doing his goal celebration. It is spectacular to witness, but he could end up injuring himself. On Saturday he got it wrong, but luckily there was no bad outcome. In fact he gave a wry smile to the Blackburn end.

Needs to play it safe with a Cartwheel.🙃

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wasn’t his biggest fan but I must admit he was terrifically two footed. He didn’t seem to favour right or left and he’d a great shot in both feet.

I seem to remember being told that he was actually right footed but his dad made him practise constantly with his left, to the point where he was equally strong with either peg. Maybe I’m imagining that?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I seem to remember being told that he was actually right footed but his dad made him practise constantly with his left, to the point where he was equally strong with either peg. Maybe I’m imagining that?

Becoming two footed is one of the easier aspects of the game to develop.  It’s something any player can work at on an individual basis. Like with MGP it requires lots and lots of time and patience, but you just need a ball and a convenient wall.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Becoming two footed is one of the easier aspects of the game to develop.  It’s something any player can work at on an individual basis. Like with MGP it requires lots and lots of time and patience, but you just need a ball and a convenient wall.

I think there’s a difference between being competent with both feet and excelling with either foot. I doubt many right footed people would have been so good with their left everyone assumed they were naturally left footed, which was definitely the case with MGP. Pity his dad didn’t make him practice heading……..

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I think there’s a difference between being competent with both feet and excelling with either foot. I doubt many right footed people would have been so good with their left everyone assumed they were naturally left footed, which was definitely the case with MGP. Pity his dad didn’t make him practice heading……..

Elephant's memory. Too right!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Mm, don’t mention the heading. That’s not so easy to practice on your own.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I don't see why Edun/Pickering/Nyame couldn't swap sides at a push.

The principles of full back play are surely the same, irrespective of which side of the pitch is being defended.

Argubly easier to do this, than ask a centre half to play at full back.

Wouldn't fancy Nyambe to play on the left. He's so one footed, and much of his game is about going round players on the outside right. I don't think he could do that on the left.

Edun already looks a handy player to me. Nothing spectacular but seems to do everything pretty well. Interested to see how he develops.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rigger said:

Give the lad a break.... He's not the first man or the last to do that. 

Just goes to show how athletic he is. 

• Backroom
On 24/10/2021 at 12:53, windymiller7 said:

Essentially it's just his name being sung to the tune of an early 2000s song. The problem is that song. It's Chocolate by Soul Control. I'm sure I don't need to explain any further.

Like @Tom, I'm not exactly comfortable with it either.

The one I’m thinking is the tune of La Bamba (which is cool in itself)

“Ryan Nyambe 

Ryan Nyambe 

He drinks the vodka 

He drinks the Jaeger 

His ***** ******* massive “

My issues being it’s not funny, lacks and wit and it’s needlessly crass (casual racism aside) 

Ivan Toney had similar sung about him and he asked fans to stop

https://fanbanter.co.uk/ivan-toney-issues-statement-through-club-website-in-relation-to-a-song-sung-by-supporters-about-him/

Of course Ryan May be fine with it and Maybe it’s me but as a bit of a fan favourite it’s a bit shit that his chant is one the younger fans can’t join in with 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Tom said:

“Ryan Nyambe 

Ryan Nyambe 

He drinks the vodka 

He drinks the Jaeger 

My issues being it’s not funny, lacks and wit and it’s needlessly crass (casual racism aside) 

https://fanbanter.co.uk/ivan-toney-issues-statement-through-club-website-in-relation-to-a-song-sung-by-supporters-about-him/

Of course Ryan May be fine with it and Maybe it’s me but as a bit of a fan favourite it’s a bit shit that his chant is one the younger fans can’t join in with 

Also lukaku at man Utd. It's cringeworthy

11 hours ago, Tom said:

“Ryan Nyambe 

Ryan Nyambe 

He drinks the vodka 

He drinks the Jaeger 

Ah, haven't actually heard that one - can't be that popular if I can't hear it over my side of the BBE. I've only heard the one I mentioned which, as I said, I'm not comfortable with. Looks like we've excelled ourselves here! 🙄

As you say, as a bit of a fans favourite, I'm sure we can do better for RN.

Edit: actually, thinking about it, it could be the same one. That portion of each tune are very similar, I've only heard his name sung though, not the 'extras'.

Edited by windymiller7

It is a pity that those fans most boisterous and most likely to sing at every game no matter what, can also be the most obnoxious and chavviest, most likely to sing songs about Nyambe, Samba or whoever else that are VERY iffy.

The same is probably true for many clubs but it is demoralising to watch grown men seemingly not understanding racist tropes, using foul language within yards of young children, trying to start fights with Blackpool fans simply because their football team lost and generally behaving like scum.

I could never imagine a child of mine going to Ewood. Even where I sit in the Riverside, there's a bloke at the back who regular swears blue murder at every Rovers player who messes up in any way. His son is a young teenager and also uses f, c and whatever else words loudly and unthinkingly in imitation.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

It is a pity that those fans most boisterous and most likely to sing at every game no matter what, can also be the most obnoxious and chavviest, most likely to sing songs about Nyambe, Samba or whoever else that are VERY iffy.

The same is probably true for many clubs but it is demoralising to watch grown men seemingly not understanding racist tropes, using foul language within yards of young children, trying to start fights with Blackpool fans simply because their football team lost and generally behaving like scum.

I could never imagine a child of mine going to Ewood. Even where I sit in the Riverside, there's a bloke at the back who regular swears blue murder at every Rovers player who messes up in any way. His son is a young teenager and also uses f, c and whatever else words loudly and unthinkingly in imitation.

My you do live in a closeted world. I take it that if you are offended by the casual use of swearing, you have never lived in Scotland where fuck is an adjective. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, rigger said:

My you do live in a closeted world. I take it that if you are offended by the casual use of swearing, you have never lived in Scotland where fuck is an adjective. 

Quite the contrary. I am an adult and swearing is part of life. Even so, I generally keep it to a minimum.

However, I do have a big issue with swearing in the presence of young children. The idea that civilised adults can't moderate themselves in any way (or are unwilling to) to avoid upsetting children is quite sad.

19 hours ago, rigger said:

Didn't Lomana LuaLua injure himself doing a flip celebration for Portsmouth?

I like to see the athleticism but yeah it isn't worth it if it means it could lead to an injury.

• Like 2