BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Fulham (h) - 3/11/2021

Get stuck into them from the off. Make them uncomfortable. A long midweek trip up North especially with this terrible weather are the sort teams like Fulham will slip up in. They've already lost games at Blackpool and Coventry this season so those are what we should be trying to emulate.

I just hope we don't show them too much respect or that Mowbray tries to outplay them. This is a game for the dark arts and I worry Mowbray won't ever employ them, which is one of the reasons our record against sides in the top 4-6 in recent years is so poor.

If this rain continues for the next 2 days I doubt the game will be on but am expecting a woeful gate with about 300 from Fulham coming.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I just hope we don't show them too much respect or that Mowbray tries to outplay them. This is a game for the dark arts and I worry Mowbray won't ever employ them, which is one of the reasons our record against sides in the top 4-6 in recent years is so poor.

I’m fully expecting TM to try and defend for 90 minutes. It’ll be as simple as that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nyambe or Buckley ? I know who I’d rather play against if I was playing on the left wing for Fulham. Fair play to the lad for being prepared to play there in a crisis but he’s not a natural defender.

In a lot of ways, the biggest incentive Nyambe should have, for signing his new contract, should be his injury record. Another club would be taking a chance on that, as would the player himself, by letting his contract run down.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lraC said:

In a lot of ways, the biggest incentive Nyambe should have, for signing his new contract, should be his injury record. Another club would be taking a chance on that, as would the player himself, by letting his contract run down.

Maybe if he goes to another club they might be able to keep him out of the treatment room. He’s missed his share of games in his time at Rovers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Maybe if he goes to another club they might be able to keep him out of the treatment room. He’s missed his share of games in his time at Rovers.

Perhaps if he goes to a top-flight club where he he only plays once a week. If he moves to another Championship club I'd expect the same issues to follow him sadly, his body doesn't seem to be able to take 3 games a week over a sustained period without occasionally breaking down. 

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Perhaps if he goes to a top-flight club where he he only plays once a week. If he moves to another Championship club I'd expect the same issues to follow him sadly, his body doesn't seem to be able to take 3 games a week over a sustained period without occasionally breaking down. 

2 games per week apart from Christmas, surely?

No Gallagher on Wednesday by the sounds of it. He's had his critics even this season but that's a massive loss to go along with our defensive absentees. 

Looks like we won't have too many other options to make any changes from:

TK

Buckley      Lenihan     Van Hecke    Edun

Travis    Johnson    Rothwell

Khadra     Dolan    Brereton

Johnson having only just returned will probably mean decent minutes for Davenport at some point before the international break too.

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Exactly and I am sure a buying club would look at that, not to mention the medics doing the medical too. Sometimes a bird in the hand, is the way to go, so long as his contract extension isn't chicken feed.

11 minutes ago, lraC said:

Exactly and I am sure a buying club would look at that, not to mention the medics doing the medical too. Sometimes a bird in the hand, is the way to go, so long as his contract extension isn't chicken feed.

Just don't make a poultry offer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Perhaps if he goes to a club that doesn't ask him to roam the entire right flank on his own every week he won't break down as much. 

• Like 6

All i want is to go at them and give them a game,don't go ultra defensive hoping to nick a goal.It's pretty obvious Fulham have a stronger squad than us so lets not go down meekily,get stuck in and give them a game,hoping for something like an incident pact  2-2 but thinking it'll be more like 0-2 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Perhaps if he goes to a club that doesn't ask him to roam the entire right flank on his own every week he won't break down as much. 

That too, yes, but then again I don't think Rovers are different to most clubs these days in asking full backs to do as much attacking as they do defending. It's just a very physically demanding position and I suspect that Nyambe would've picked up his fair share of muscle injuries for 90% of teams at this level.

Lots on injuries going into this game - makes it even more of a free hit than it already was. My team:

kaminski 

bucko - lenihan - van heck - edun 

travis - davenport - rothwell 

khadra - dolan - diaz

No need to over complicate it here. They are better. They will have the ball. We will have to drop deep. But aslong as we have outlets then we’ll be able to hurt this Fulham side - we have the ability to hit them on the break. 

My house mate has a season ticket and I often go with his spare so I have seen Fulham a lot this season. So a couple of notes.
- give mitro half a chance and he will take it. However he’s likely to miss the blatant 1v1s where he has to think about it.

- Their fullbacks are good athletically but on the ball they are actually poor in terms of delivery. 
- If carvolho is on the bench then it’s a big plus - he is there best player outside of mitro and is still working his way back to full fitness. 
- without tosin they will be suspect at the back. 
- seri will control the game even if we stick two players on him!

they are a very good side however certainly not unbeatable. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Cripes, 2 days is enough recovery.

Neither are good enough anyway.  Move them both on at the end of the season.

From what I've seen JRC is good enough. Not brilliant but decent. Rarely has a poor game. Has a good delivery and a good engine. I'd definitely persevere with him.

Butterworth hasn't really shown anything except a good 30 mins at Hull. But I have the feeling that with more games he could make quite an impact for us, but that's just a hunch. He's got a good change of pace, a good strike. He absolutely rinsed the Hull defence. Again would like to see more of him. Problem for him in Dolan, Khadra and Poveda we have three players who are quite similar. I'd pack Poveda off and give Butterworth more game time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TruRover said:

Lots on injuries going into this game - makes it even more of a free hit than it already was. My team:

kaminski 

bucko - lenihan - van heck - edun 

travis - davenport - rothwell 

khadra - dolan - diaz

No need to over complicate it here. They are better. They will have the ball. We will have to drop deep. But aslong as we have outlets then we’ll be able to hurt this Fulham side - we have the ability to hit them on the break. 

My house mate has a season ticket and I often go with his spare so I have seen Fulham a lot this season. So a couple of notes.
- give mitro half a chance and he will take it. However he’s likely to miss the blatant 1v1s where he has to think about it.

- Their fullbacks are good athletically but on the ball they are actually poor in terms of delivery. 
- If carvolho is on the bench then it’s a big plus - he is there best player outside of mitro and is still working his way back to full fitness. 
- without tosin they will be suspect at the back. 
- seri will control the game even if we stick two players on him!

they are a very good side however certainly not unbeatable. 

Good post but I can't see Johnson getting dropped.

If Gallagher's carrying a knock can see Khadra coming in, but could be any of him, Poveda or Butterworth. Or even McBride. Don't think Tony (or the supporters) are that convinced by any of them.

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Good post but I can't see Johnson getting dropped.

If Gallagher's carrying a knock can see Khadra coming in, but could be any of him, Poveda or Butterworth. Or even McBride. Don't think Tony (or the supporters) are that convinced by any of them.

Your not wrong on Johnson and Tbf I may be being harsh considering he has contributed to two wins from two. I just feel like he is a liability and in a game where we are going to be doing a lot chasing we could do with Davenports fresh legs - I also feel like he is better at playing the simple passes 

• Like 2