BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Fulham (h) - 3/11/2021

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Goals win games and dictate how they pan out in general me old mucker. Buckley has a great little knack of assisting them from that position. Not disputing Nyambe is a better defender 

To be honest I think this comparison between JRC and Nyambe is valid (in terms of attacking ability versus defensive ability) - for me Buckley is just too easily out muscled playing at right back. Especially defending wingers coming in on the back post for headers - can you imagine him defending against somebody like Diaz ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Obviously about the goals . 🤷‍♂️

We haven't really struggled for goals so I'm not arsed about that.  We need to.keep them out and Bucko won't help with that in my opinion, in fact I think a good team will.target him.......just an opinion mate.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Obviously about the goals . 🤷‍♂️

We haven't really struggled for goals so I'm not arsed about that.  We need to.keep them out and Bucko won't help with that in my opinion, in fact I think a good team will.target him.......just an opinion mate.

No, same. I would start Nyambe if fit, as I said

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Being annoyed that someone says “Blackburn” as opposed to “Rovers”… potentially a sign that you’re average reactions are quite extreme?

We are talking football 🤷‍♂️ it's all about extremes.           It's Rovers

Edited by Sparks Rover

• Moderation Lead
9 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Being annoyed that someone says “Blackburn” as opposed to “Rovers”… potentially a sign that you’re average reactions are quite extreme?

Not really something that’s annoying, just something I would never do and I know you wouldn’t either tbh. Can’t remember the last time you called us ‘Blackburn’ and I see you at least once a month…,

8 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Not really something that’s annoying, just something I would never do and I know you wouldn’t either tbh. Can’t remember the last time you called us ‘Blackburn’ and I see you at least once a month…,

Yep, me too. In conversation and writing, it's always Rovers. Blackburn is the town, the football team is Rovers. It's non-negotiable

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Aye, but I'm still correct about Pickering....its like we have gone from a league 2 player to a league 1 player....an improvement but not good enough in my opinion 

I think that's harsh - between them Pickering and Edun have made the left back position quite solid after being an huge Achilles heel for years.

If everyone's fit the side has got to the point where the first XI is actually genuinely good enough for playoffs I think.

Thought after Armstrong left we would really struggle up front but Gallagher, Diaz, and Dolan are all doing  amazingly well.

Buckley, Travis, Rothwell is a very decent midfield three, Ayala and Lenihan an excellent cb partnership, Nyambe a strong right back. Kaminski a solid keeper. 

All those players play and we're very competitive.

Once you get out of that first XI things go downhill quickly though. Van Hecke looks good, Edun seems solid. After that is either unproven loan or youth players (Khadra, Poveda, Butterworth) or senior ones coming back from big injuries (Johnson, JRC, Dack, Wharton).

It's hard not to look at the rush of games over Christmas with foreboding. There's no way we will keep everyone fit enough.

• Like 9

Just had a peep at the Fulham forum and not even a match thread so to speak. Just a "Wednesday at Ewood" topic of no interest to me apart from one of their posters calling us Little Blackburn!!! 

I just hope we don't lose tomorrow. I'll be happy with a point considering the injuries we have. COYB. 

16 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Goals win games and dictate how they pan out in general me old mucker. Buckley has a great little knack of assisting them from that position. Not disputing Nyambe is a better defender 

I admit I’m a Nyambe fan but I think Buckley can do his quality delivery thing from midfield anyway. And Ryan does have his own unique attacking contributions. Play them both and have the best of both worlds.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Just had a peep at the Fulham forum and not even a match thread so to speak. Just a "Wednesday at Ewood" topic of no interest to me apart from one of their posters calling us Little Blackburn!!! 

I just hope we don't lose tomorrow. I'll be happy with a point considering the injuries we have. COYB. 

I wonder how big their trophy cabinet is ??

• Like 2

Except we aren't little compared to them they just happen to be in a nice area with plenty tourists.  When they are shite their crowds are shite a decade in the middle of the championship being run like us they'd be sub 10k.

Blackburn Rovers, Bolton, Boro, Huddersfield, Barnsley etc, all smallish town clubs but all bigger than Foolham.

I don't think iv'e ever seen this lot with more than 800 at Ewood, that was an afternoon game when they were topping the lge at the time.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I think that's harsh - between them Pickering and Edun have made the left back position quite solid after being an huge Achilles heel for years.

My left backs don't allow crosses or at least try as hard as possible to stop them.  I just don't see that from HP, and his easy non aggressive way and lack of pace is attractive to a good wide player.  I suppose he is a slight upgrade on AB, but to go higher we need to sort it.  He needs to get at his men quickly and aggressively from the off in games 

3 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Can't see us getting anything tonight. They'll just be too good for us. Damage limitation for me. Rovers 1 Fulham 3

They got beat away at Blackpool and Coventry battered them....Mogadon has to start taking 3 points off these types just like the lad up the M55

• Like 5