BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Fulham (h) - 3/11/2021

• Backroom

I imagine Fulham are likely to finish in the top two this season, and in the past three seasons we haven't registered a single victory against a team who finished first or second. In fact we've only managed 2 points from 36 (2 draws, 10 defeats). As soon as we play one of the division's few good teams we are brutally exposed as the average Championship cloggers we've always been under Mowbray. 

I suppose my only point is that this shouldn't be a surprise at all. To coin one of Mercer's phrases, putting money on a Fulham victory tonight was a license to print money. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

I imagine Fulham are likely to finish in the top two this season, and in the past three seasons we haven't registered a single victory against a team who finished first or second. In fact we've only managed 2 points from 36 (2 draws, 10 defeats). As soon as we play one of the division's few good teams we are brutally exposed as the average Championship cloggers we've always been under Mowbray. 

I suppose my only point is that this shouldn't be a surprise at all. To coin one of Mercer's phrases, putting money on a Fulham victory tonight was a license to print money. 

Does Mercer have any money left at this point?

Should have played all the loans.  Never going to get a point here.  And with Buckley up top might as well  Play Clarkson, Poveda, Khadra. Give Carter and Davenport a go and rest everyone else.  Even if Mowbary wasn’t have an F’ about with the tactics a point would be hard to find. 

12 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Shouldn't be anywhere near our goal. Mogadon misused him for years

Really? So far in his three possessions in their half he’s had the turning circle of an oil tanker, taken umpteen touches and created nothing. Bucko bailed him out of his latest run into a crowd.

• Like 2

They’re nothing special at the back, but they could easily put 5 on us here regardless. 
Stupid mistakes for the goal, Rothwell for the first and poor marking choices on the 2nd.

We are playing with 10 men though. Put Buckley where Johnson is and put Khadra or Butterworth in the front 3. 
Either way, Johnson needs hooking. He’s so far off the pace.