BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheff Utd (h) - 6/11/21 - 146th Birthday

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't think Lenihan is a bad choice and perhaps Travis could do without it, let him focus on his game 

It's not cricket - a football captain isn't out there making tactical decisions. Plus I genuinely don't think Lenihan gets into the starting XI on merit when everyone is fit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's not cricket - a football captain isn't out there making tactical decisions. Plus I genuinely don't think Lenihan gets into the starting XI on merit when everyone is fit. 

Tactical decisions? Never said that. I meant it might lead to Travis getting too heated and worked up. His form has been up and down. I would leave him at it. 

Ya, maybe Lenihan doesn't ,but I think it's close between him and Wharton currently. Ayala first choice 

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Don't get that - Lenihan is our best defender. Ayala has more quality but no pace and horrendous injury record. Everyone else miles off Lenihan. Our win % without him is really poor.

On the game, just listening but shows just how unpredictable Mowbrays teams are. He's got his faults but honestly think there's only a 10% chance we'll get someone better when he leaves.

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Don't get that - Lenihan is our best defender. Ayala has more quality but no pace and horrendous injury record. Everyone else miles off Lenihan. Our win % without him is really poor.

On the game, just listening but shows just how unpredictable Mowbrays teams are. He's got his faults but honestly think there's only a 10% chance we'll get someone better when he leaves.

There's only a 10% chance we'll get someone better if you picked someone out of the Blackburn End. 

If you actually opened up the job to qualified applicants you'd be hard pressed not to improve on him. 

• Like 4

A decent performance following on from the other day and I'm sure the Tony and his supporters will use it in earnest but let's just keep this in perspective - it's (currently) a bottom half team. Let's not pretend it shows any change from the norm at all. We've always been decent at punching down under Tony, we just have no idea how to perform against teams around us.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

as has been pointed out in the past... our win ratio without Lenihan is more to do with the complete lack of any real quality in our 'back up' defenders when he doesn't play.

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

There's only a 10% chance we'll get someone better if you picked someone out of the Blackburn End. 

If you actually opened up the job to qualified applicants you'd be hard pressed not to improve on him. 

You tell yourself that, but you wait to see who Waggott and Venkys wheel out when the time comes.