BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheff Utd (h) - 6/11/21 - 146th Birthday

6 minutes ago, booth said:

Did anyone else burst into spontaneous hysterical laughter when they saw Poveda's name?

I wasn’t really surprised, definitely confirms we’ve just started one of our regular death spirals and he’s got his Tombola out again. 

Could be :

Kaminski

Nyambe.   Lenihan.   Wharton.    Edun

Travis.      Davenport

Khadra        Buckley.         Poveda

Brereton

Or :   

Kaminski

Nyambe.   Lenihan.     Wharton.    Edun

Travis.    Buckley   Davenport

Khadra      Poveda     Brereton 

My gut feel the 4231. If Wharton is fit defence is okay.

Up front time for Khadra and Poveda to show something.

24 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Poveda through the middle?

He's 5'5''

That will do nicely 😩

Well at least we do get to see Khadra and Poveda for a bit so at least I can make some sort of informed judgement. Cameos are not much use imo.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I've also just spoken to a mate of mine taking his 5 kids for the first time today, they're off the scale with excitement at the prospect of going to the football.

When I was naughty as a kid I just missed out on my spends or got grounded, this is an entirely different level of punishment! 

Seriously though, I hope we’re all shocked and they have a great memory of their first match. When it’s going well nothing can beat watching your team at the ground, learning songs, taking in the emotions, surrounded by people with the same love as you.

I had a great time growing up with Rovers, I saw us be the best time in the country with the worlds best striker. When that time passed even when we weren’t the best we fought and battled against the best and made sure they had to put in a serious shift to beat us. We had players that wowed us, playing for the shirt, managers we could get behind and respect. 

That magical match day feeling is long gone for me, but hopefully we’ll see better times at Ewood in the future again. 

• Like 3

That lineup feels like something from Football Manager. Get thrashed in the previous game, so next game make as many desperate changes as you can in the hope it works out.

I'm interested to see what Khadra and Poveda can do today. We've not seen much of Khadra yet. Maybe they can surprise us.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, booth said:

We've got a decent defender alongside Lenihan at last, if Wharton is match fit. If he is it's like a new signing.

At least there's that.

But then he throws Poveda in there for no apparent reason.

Even if he is fully fit, I don't expect him to be fully sharp yet. Playing against proper pros again for the first time in a year, in a demoralised team, I'm not gonna be surprised or roast him if he has a poor game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

That lineup feels like something from Football Manager. Get thrashed in the previous game, so next game make as many desperate changes as you can in the hope it works out.

Mowbray has always treated Rovers like a football management sim.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Do the club actively not want to make any cash?!? Rammed in JW upper and only 1 bar in this section, with 3 people serving. It’s so amateur, as though no thought goes into it. 

I thought they all brought packed lunches and thermos flasks on the JW upper? 😉

They’ve always been slow serving. I remember seeing a four pint pourer at Stockport County during the Souness years, they even had pints ready poured! Then you’d get back to Ewood and it’d take  15 minutes at half time to get a drink you’d have to down in one! 😂

38 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Could be :

Kaminski

Nyambe.   Lenihan.   Wharton.    Edun

Travis.      Davenport

Khadra        Buckley.         Poveda

Brereton

Surely must be this