BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheff Utd (h) - 6/11/21 - 146th Birthday

I'd add Michael Palin to the list of famous Blades fans, although he's a bit unusual in having a soft spot for Wednesday as well.

Ah Tony Field - a man I saw playing for 4 different teams. Southport (my second team aa a teenager), Rovers, Sheffield United (while at university) and New York Cosmos (while visiting my brother-in-law).

• Like 1

• J*B pinned this topic

That's some preview and standard to set. 😁😁

It's another tough fixture on the back of Fulham against a team who are physical to align with skill.

I think we'll get a point after a defeat on Wednesday.

Edit:

I have just seen that the appointed referee for this game is Oliver Langford. That won't mean much until I say he had us against Luton recently and put in arguably the worst refereeing performance at Ewood for some time. It culminated with a dying swan act in stoppage time when he went down injured. I really hope he isn't as bad on Saturday.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

How on earth can selling more tickets not be 'financially viable' ?

Presumably it will mean opening the Darwen End upper tier which involves additional stewarding, catering staff etc. With the reduced prices it can’t be financially worthwhile and it gives them an even bigger away following. 

Edited by magicalmortensleftpeg
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Presumably it will mean opening the Darwen End upper tier which involves additional stewarding, catering staff etc. With the reduced prices it can’t be financially worthwhile and it gives them an even bigger away following. 

If they were to sell another 2000 tickets for the upper, that would be around £25,000. I cant see the extra staffing costing that much, Probably £10/hour, per person.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Catering is franchised out isn't it ?

5 minutes ago, only2garners said:

As a wild guess maybe the police have told the club that if more away tickets are sold they will need a or a bigger police presence which the club will have to pay for?

So how many extra coppers are required to police the Darwen end upper, 10 or so @ about £50/hour.