BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Can you see the team 2nd in Ligue 2 loaning out their main striker who they play every game? Would seem unlikely from the outside, I think Healey is just a name that was mentioned loosely in the summer that has never gone away.

Only way I can see them agreeing to a loan deal is if it comes with an obligation to buy in the summer

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

All I want to hear is that we are looking for a solid backup keeper.

Pears is a solid reliable back up keeper! Why on earth would you want to replace him?

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

I'm not biting

Go on take his cherry 🍒😂😂

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

May have been mentioned but I reckon the Markanday deal will be announced tomorrow, after our under 23s have played the team he should have been playing for.

Yeah could be right GSR. Back in Sept we also played Spurs at U23 level. The game ended 3 3 with, according to a match report:

"......Late drama came in added time as Cirino was shown a straight red card for handling the dangerous Markhanday's goalbound strike on the line, with White stepping up from the spot only to see Stergiakis in his way."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think we need Markanday, a striker and someone who could grab the game by the scruff of the neck in midfield and/or provide a killer pass.

The one place I don't think we need further cover is at CB, we already have 4 vying for 3 spots and could go 4 at the back in an emergency.

A decent  back up keeper wouldn't be the worst idea either.

I would want 4 cbs vying for 2 spots. We have 3 spots, and one of our 4 CBs is incredibly injury prone. We should have at least 5 CBs really for 3 spots. You normally want 2 players for each position, but I think 5 for 3 spots would be fine. I don't see us signing another CB just to be cover though, so I think sending Carter off was a mistake.

And I wouldn't really be happy with Johnson and Nyambe, nor Magloire, for emergency cover.

• Like 5

I agree on now being short at cb, but think it's the right thing to do with Carter for his development. 

Hopefully we can get someone in, with the carrot being two of the current cb's probably won't be here in 6 months time.

So there will be first team opening in the near future. 

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

Pears is a solid reliable back up keeper! Why on earth would you want to replace him?

Go on take his cherry 🍒😂😂

Never seen a worse performance in goal than Pears. Was never convinced by him. 

Just did quite well in a couple of games. 

Cardiff would've made mincemeat of him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Can you see the team 2nd in Ligue 2 loaning out their main striker who they play every game? Would seem unlikely from the outside, I think Healey is just a name that was mentioned loosely in the summer that has never gone away.

I THINK I’m right in saying we will have a little more budget next year because of our FFP cycle. I can only see a loan if he’s unhappy in France and there’s an obligation to buy. 

21 minutes ago, J*B said:

I THINK I’m right in saying we will have a little more budget next year because of our FFP cycle. I can only see a loan if he’s unhappy in France and there’s an obligation to buy. 

The LT reported that our other main attacking target that we have a bid in for is for a loan to buy. Even if he is unhappy in France, as their main striker and 2nd in the league you would think that they would need a permanent offer to sell a key asset.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The LT reported that our other main attacking target that we have a bid in for is for a loan to buy. Even if he is unhappy in France, as their main striker and 2nd in the league you would think that they would need a permanent offer to sell a key asset.

Could be an obligation to buy. So we are essentially buying him now but it will be on next year's books

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The point he was making (I think) is some loan to buys are organised to be permanent after the initial period.

3 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Could be an obligation to buy. So we are essentially buying him now but it will be on next year's books

2 minutes ago, JBiz said:

The point he was making (I think) is some loan to buys are organised to be permanent after the initial period.

I know but I dont really get how that would benefit Toulouse who I cant imagine are too keen to sell mid season. We will see if he signs, the suggestion in the LT was that the deal was a loan with an option rather than an obligation to buy and directly comparable to the Zeefuik deal.

9 hours ago, ossyian said:

That's rubbish saying Davenport is terrible. The lads not had enough minutes to make that sort of silly statement. Whenever he has had minutes he looks decent enough at Championship level and is only a young lad with room for growth. Just needs to keep injury free and get some matches under his belt then maybe we will see the real Davenport who was highly thought of at Citeh

Davenport isn't rubbish at all. In the games I've seen him play this season I've thought he has done well.

Johnson is probably also involved more because he is vastly more experienced than any of the squad. When managing games he has been a great older head to add to the midfield.

• Like 6