BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (h) 02/01/22

Can't win them all, I felt a draw was due. Not the end of the world, need to ensure it doesn't stall our momentum. Don't think the pitch helped our attacking play, we need to be handling these conditions better (in terms of stopping them happening).

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Can't win them all, I felt a draw was due. Not the end of the world, need to ensure it doesn't stall our momentum. Don't think the pitch helped our attacking play, we need to be handling these conditions better (in terms of stopping them happening).

Yep - I can’t recall the game (was it PNE?) but we were below par in the poor weather then too. Need a plan B for the next couple of months when we can’t play our usual game.

No shame in that - been a great run and at least we didn’t lose.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, booth said:

Breaking very slowly. Usually we pounce on the ball and punish teams. Not quick enough today.

The pitch didn't help us at all. The ball held up and it clearly took a toll on our legs.

That's two matches already that have been ruined because we didn't invest in the pitch / drainage system this winter. Sadly more to follow I fear.

• Like 1

Superb for the first 20 minutes then fairly flat for the remainder of the match. 

The pitch gradually tore up as the match went on, glad our FA cup tie is away next week, hopefully the pitch can recover a little bit as it takes the edge away from Rothwell and Buckley (I know the pitch is the same for both sides)

Plenty of changes for the cup, Johnson, Butterworth, Gallagher, Dolan, Edun, Ayala to all start. 

Would also add that the back 3 were brilliant again. Lenihan is so composed bringing the ball out and Wharton remains unbeaten  

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

So it's a draw an we keep our unbeaten run and are currently 2nd. Last season and the one before we would have lost this one as we looked a bit tired as the game got on. Thought we started brightly with high intensity but as the clear cut opportunities never materialised I got a bad feeling that we might lose this one to a freak goal. And to be honest....going by biggest chance you have to say that one goes to Huddersfield in the first half. Good to see Wharton getting MotM!

Think the upcoming break will do as a world of good, and please please please sort out the contracts! It will be an interesting January no matter who comes or goes.

Happy with a point on the day. Today showed just how much our creativity depends on Buckley, with him off colour there was very little else. Rothwell wasting a series of set pieces killed our momentum in the last 15 and Nyambe has no clue how to play wingback. Three centre backs all immense as usual.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Run out of steam after what has been an excellent series of results. Pitch condition and ref didn't help matters. 

If you can't win then just make sure you don't lose. 

I was anxious about not making any changes as I expected us to have less energy. A couple of the lads had started to look leggy at the end of the Barnsley game and the pitch was always going to be a slog.

That said I understood it, as you can't really justify changing a team that had won so many in a row. Besides, Huddersfield had only 1 less day of rest than us and they managed.

• Like 1

2nd of the table!! A steady performance at the back but lacking that cutting edge.... Khadra needs to score with his chance and the win would had been comfortable.

We could all see that we are lacking that cutting edge when putting players on. Dolan and Gallagher not good enough.

We need players who can come in and change the game. Hopefully Dack is back soon!

WBA got two players sent off.

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

I mean this is just disgusting 

I mean, where did he think the ball was, nestled on Dolan's thigh? Clearly a frustrated lunge that should have seen him walking down the tunnel.

Not sure Van Hecke should have ended up on the pitch either though, but that was later and probably wouldn't have happened if Hudds had 10 men and had to sit back.

• Backroom

One of those days where we never seemed like scoring after the first 20

None of our creative players got going Rothwell in particular very poor.

He and Buckley make us tick and neither could find a pass today and the subs struggled to make an impact 

Overall a good point in the circumstances 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

We need 6 points from Cardiff and Luton, I looked at anything else this month as a bonus.

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

2nd of the table!! A steady performance at the back but lacking that cutting edge.... Khadra needs to score with his chance and the win would had been comfortable.

We could all see that we are lacking that cutting edge when putting players on. Dolan and Gallagher not good enough.

We need players who can come in and change the game. Hopefully Dack is back soon!

WBA got two players sent off.

Dolan is plenty good enough but he is never going to shine in these conditions. He needs a nice smooth pitch to be at his best. He has also not started for a while and isn't match sharp.

• Like 1