BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

41 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

So would you take Dyche if they decided that JDT wasn’t working out?

Definitely.

It is irrelevant, though, because a Dyche-type appointment would never happen under these owners. Their mandate is to play attractive football as a sustainable Premier League club. I don't think those two things tally.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

To be fair it was started to celebrate our impending relegation and somewhat continued to gloat about our impending financial implosion - and back to back relegation in the eyes of a few.

Things obviously took a different turn so maybe it is time for the admins to lock this thread and stick to the more general Championship thread so at least anything on us is diluted 🤷‍♂️. Could always be reopened if we implode.

No changes needed to this thread. It's a good thread with decent Dingle visitors.

It's me and what this club, Rovers, have become.

I took my anger at Rovers out on this thread which was wrong of me.

I have never been fanatical anti Burnley and am still not.

They have fucked up my retirement years and the cunts will see me out and I'm taking it badly after, on rechecking, 65 years of being a Rover. Dad had converted me way before my first Ewood visit in 1963.

Yesterdays pathetic no show just a tipping point.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

No changes needed to this thread. It's a good thread with decent Dingle visitors.

It's me and what this club, Rovers, have become.

They have fucked up my retirement years and the cunts will see me out and I'm taking it badly after, on rechecking, 65 years of being a Rover. Dad had converted me way before my first Ewood visit in 1963.

Yesterdays pathetic no show just a tipping point.

You and me both. I was a year or two earlier. I can’t see a way out of this. They’ve got us in a death grip and they won’t let go.

• Like 1

Genuine question - and this might be the wrong thread for it - but what do you imagine their end game is? I can’t believe they plan to keep making losses and I can’t see anyway for them to get their money back other than a sale as a PL club again. I do struggle as an outsider to fathom their actions since taking over. Is there a chance they write of some/all debt and look for new owners now? 

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

But at the same time you’ve had big results and the manager has a couple of more months to work on your team. I’m sure he will ensure the likes of Wharton come in to add some fire to the teams belly.

Listen I’d love a 0-5 and some salve for April fools day but I 100% believe you will be a different team in that game.

You’ve not seen a lot of us and it shows…

4 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

You see them week in and out so I’ll always defer to your knowledge obviously. 

A lot of people seem to be assuming we are up, a dangerous game with 57 points to play for. we’ve looked a bit off in a few games recently and on Friday we have a team in top form coming to town.

I'll make u a deal.  If u don't go up I'll run around Burnley Town centre naked with a Rovers hat on

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Genuine question - and this might be the wrong thread for it - but what do you imagine their end game is? I can’t believe they plan to keep making losses and I can’t see anyway for them to get their money back other than a sale as a PL club again. I do struggle as an outsider to fathom their actions since taking over. Is there a chance they write of some/all debt and look for new owners now? 

It's a question that the sensible Rovers fans have asked thousands of times and despite the speculation nobody has a definitive answer. I can't for the life in me understand why they are still here throwing money down a black hole for absolutely no return. They haven't been to a game since 2014. I believe the only way they will come to getting any money back is by us getting to the Premier League and the riches that go with it and then selling us whilst our stock is relatively high. But we as as far away from the Premier League as we have been so I've resigned myself to them being here for the foreseeable despite my intense dislike of them and the irreparable damage caused by them.

• Like 4

• Backroom
47 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Personally, I just think they have more money than sense.

And it's coupled with a whole image/ego thing. Don't know if that's cultural or not.

But I believe they simply hate the thought of forever being labelled a 'failure'.

So whilst there's still the slimmest of chances of saving face and hitting the Prem jackpot again, they'll keep clinging on.

How long till they realise money can outweigh the shame? Well, they're going to be hitting quarter of a billion before long. 

I'd quite happily be shamed for about 2.5k. 😂

It's crackers really. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

No one knows.

Too stubborn to write it off as a failed experiment.

What they are doing is ordering a Premier League team with a side order of attractive football and player sales, whilst wanting to do it at all at a cut price. They'll hire expensive yes men to say the right things which seems more important than actually getting the job done.

So they spend millions every year on the same or worse results as the last.

In short they want to do it, but it's got to be done their way. And their way is all wrong but anyone in a position to tell them won't as they are picking up a decent cheque for keeping their gobs shut.

• Like 1

On 16/01/2023 at 01:21, longsiders1882 said:

They will run this scam for as long as it suits their accountancy and financial advisers. We are perennial  Championship fodder, the league that suits the pisstake, ooops ..... I mean project.

A lot have not cottoned on to what the "project" is.

One posters conspiracy theory is anothers absolute truth and only time will prove.

Meanwhile we take our ire out on the lower level grifters like CEOs, managers and now DoFs. I'm ok with that, they made the choice to join the grift.

I doubt I will see a Venky free Rovers in my remaining time but hope that future generations do.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

On 16/01/2023 at 07:21, longsiders1882 said:

It's all just to use the club as a financial tool. However they do that, tax write offs, money/debt washing or whatever. 

They put a lot of effort into getting us down into this division and made damn well sure we stayed here. The story of them being "mislead" is utter bullshit. Everthing they have done has been with purpose.

Once they're finished with this grift they will either offload the club to whoever will take it or just close it down completely. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Upside Down said:

It's all just to use the club as a financial tool. However they do that, tax write offs, money/debt washing or whatever. 

They put a lot of effort into getting us down into this division and made damn well sure we stayed here. The story of them being "mislead" is utter bullshit. Everthing they have done has been with purpose.

Once they're finished with this grift they will either offload the club to whoever will take it or just close it down completely. 

It's not completely bullshit. They were misled by a handful of opportunists who saw them coming. Then after they'd alienated the football world they had to scrape the bottom of the barrel and a new bunch came along for an easy pay cheque.

That's no reason to defend them though, they could have done something about it but let things slide on both occasions. The buck stops with them. And they've done very little to right the wrongs that were done. Their recruitment is still based on their business model, which doesn't work for football. They have no respect for the fans, the club or its history.

Stubborn know it alls with a silver spoon to bail them out. They'll always be known as laughable failures in this country.

• Like 1

On 15/01/2023 at 18:21, longsiders1882 said:

It's genuinely the strangest thing I have ever seen in football. 

My guess is probably it's just sunk cost fallacy. They can't bear to write the £250M investment off, so just keep sinking the money in with the vague hope we will get promoted.

At some point the wind will change and they will decide to cut and run. New leadership on the Venkys board, financial issues in the company meaning they need to cut costs etc. It's sure a matter of time. Don;t look forward to it on one hand - we will go through huge financial turbulence like Bolton etc. But on the other if we found new owners who had some competence in football and some connection and affection for  the club then we could rebuild.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

It's genuinely the strangest thing I have ever seen in football. 

My guess is probably it's just sunk cost fallacy. They can't bear to write the £250M investment off, so just keep sinking the money in with the vague hope we will get promoted.

At some point the wind will change and they will decide to cut and run. New leadership on the Venkys board, financial issues in the company meaning they need to cut costs etc. It's sure a matter of time. Don;t look forward to it on one hand - we will go through huge financial turbulence like Bolton etc. But on the other if we found new owners who had some competence in football and some connection and affection for  the club then we could rebuild.

I don't believe that will ever happen.

30 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Nothing lasts forever... Might be one year, might be ten but it will eventually.

Rumour has it that India’s far right prime minister Modi is putting pressure on them to stop pissing away hundreds of millions on their English football team.

Might help bring this purgatory to an end.

• Like 1

On 17/01/2023 at 18:03, Miller11 said:

Rumour has it that India’s far right prime minister Modi is putting pressure on them to stop pissing away hundreds of millions on their English football team.

Might help bring this purgatory to an end.

He's obviously misinformed then... Hundreds of millions lol!!! 

And when did a prime minister have the say over billionaire business lol men?