BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

Rothwell does not want to play for this club so what are we keeping? A pure mercenary reluctantly putting on the shirt because no one would pay a proper price for him? I'd swap him for someone enthusiastic about playing for us, even if they are unproven. 

3 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Criticising Mowbray for making information public that should have been kept private isn’t absolute nonsense. Tell Rothwell no chance you’re moving, tell the press no chance he’s moving and the situation we’re in now would have been entirely avoided.

No one is blaming Mowbray for the (probably criminal) abuse that Rothwell and his family have received, but he should have had the sense to know that his post match comments would have incensed the fan base and made things very difficult if the move broke down.

He went into detail with how he totally understands the situation though, even saying “I understand, I wouldn’t criticise, I wouldn’t want our supporters coming down on the wrong side of him of Joe Rothwell, it’s football."

He did say that he wasn't moving and contrary to the "ITK's" no bids have been accepted so he wasn't wrong.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He did not say Rothwell did not want to be considered.

He said he made the decision to leave Rothwell at home himself as he didn't want to be sat there worrying if Rothwell’s head was in the right place.

Completely out of order from Mowbray for me, should have stayed in house. He turned a storm in a teacup into a major issue.

All that said, old news now, hopefully that's the end of it and we can move forward with Rothwell, Nyambe, Lenihan, AND 3 or4 quality additions to the squad which are badly needed.

Apologies he did. He actually insisted that it was his decision rather than the players to miss the Luton game, so certainly not feeding him to the wolves.

That being said, it is of little surprise that you take any opportunity to criticise Mowbray.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

Rothwell does not want to play for this club so what are we keeping? A pure mercenary reluctantly putting on the shirt because no one would pay a proper price for him? I'd swap him for someone enthusiastic about playing for us, even if they are unproven. 

I'd wait and see how he performs before making a judgement.

• Like 1

Bournemouth played a blinder here….upset their promotion rivals players. Don’t sign him and sign several decent championship players!

I just don’t believe TM Waggot and the Venkys are prepared to let this slim chance of promotion pass them by!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

Bournemouth played a blinder here….upset their promotion rivals players. Don’t sign him and sign several decent championship players!

I just don’t believe TM Waggot and the Venkys are prepared to let this slim chance of promotion pass them by!

One or two more in key positions would be welcome but it's still a decent window.

Zeefuik,Markanday and Hedges done.Giles likely.No players sold.

If Dack can get his fitness then that is another attacking option to add, Dolan also will be back from injury.

Even if no other signings are made, we are still well and truly in the mix for promotion.

36 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

He doesn’t start games and won’t be in the near future. It was a dreadful move for his career IMO. It never works out for Rovers players that leave for big money.

IMO, he's not a PL player.

Think he has poor technique and lacks football intelligence.

We did well to get what we did for him.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

The signings of Hedges, Markanday & Zeefuik seem to be being ignored…I know Markanday got injured but who could foresee that ?

Giles in, Rothwell retained…that would be decent surely ? 

Still missing another striker 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

Certainly looks that way, but it has serious potential to backfire. There's no guarantee that they'll be able to integrate their new signings overnight, and If Rothwell has anything about him he should be even more motivated to prove people wrong after the way his move has broken down. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m as disappointed as most but…

If you’d have offered me Brown, Zeefuik, Markanday, Hedges and Giles with no major sales on January 1st I’d prob have taken it.

One rookie who will play in the u-23s, one an unknown from abroad, one injured for the rest season, one a cheapie who struggled to impress in Scotland, and the other a loanee who hasn't arrived

Some folk are easily pleased

Compare and contrast to Bournemouth

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

One rookie who will play in the u-23s, one an unknown from abroad, one injured for the rest season, one a cheapie who struggled to impress in Scotland, and the other a loanee who hasn't arrived

Some folk are easily pleased

Compare and contrast to Bournemouth

Exactly 

Certainly not a window in which Venkys have given much investment, fairly underwhelming. They shouldn't be interfering in footballing decisions either.

Giles would be a good loan addition, Zeefuik gives us more depth on the opposite side, we look well stocked in the wing back positions. Hedges hopefully will be a shrewd addition as an attacking option for a nominal fee, you wont get much for 200k in general so hopefully he will be a bargain.

Markanday is not part of my consideration as he cannot play a part in the promotion push, and Brown is not a senior addition.

We look very short of depth. We lack a striker, we are short of midfielders, and we only have 4 centre backs for 3 positions and 1 competent keeper.

1 minute ago, Boroblue said:

I wouldn’t want an Armstrong return. Diaz back out wide and Armstrong playing for himself and shooting on sight.

Diaz is not playing as a central striker now.

Just now, Darrenbot said:

He told the Mods on here he wanted to speak to other messageboards and reluctantly the mods let him go on loan to Rovers chat

I heard other messageboard was actually interested in someone else and just wanted to cause havoc on this board

• Like 6