BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Nottingham Forest (h) - 9/2/22

1 minute ago, RTM08 said:

May seem harsh but if we lose here I'd be looking at options for a new manager. Continue like this and we won't even be in the hunt for the play-offs.

With someone new we can start planning for when we lose all oir decent players and can maybe squeak in there with the new manager bounce.

It's almost as if we aren't owned by Venkys 

Could be wrong but the midfield look light weight and lacking pace also missed goal scoring chances dies tend to change games a but like the last night. Once again hope I am wrong but it look like being another one if those nights

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Some on here really seem like they want Buckley to do badly. Like they're just waiting for it.

It's weird.

He does a pretty good job by himself to look bad. I've nothing against him I just think he isn't great and needs to come out of the team and stop being played no matter what. It's hard watching him as one of our attacking players and being so poor in front of goal when we need wins. These aren't half chances either, they are glaring misses on top of going missing in games too. 

Let's not try and create an agenda, if it was any other player I'd say the same.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

May seem harsh but if we lose here I'd be looking at options for a new manager. Continue like this and we won't even be in the hunt for the play-offs.

With someone new we can start planning for when we lose all oir decent players and can maybe squeak in there with the new manager bounce.

I think the reality is we're overachieving and being found out... it was never going to last, this is why January was so important. It's a miracle we are where we are and had to take advantage of that by spending. We didn't, end of story.

• Like 6

In fairness we’re creating the chances (same against Swansea). Buckley sitter, Rothwell great chance, Khadra has opened it up and fallen over a few times too. 

My concern is our defence reverting to type. We could have conceded 3 or more in that half very easily. 

I just feel utterly deflated and disappointed. The position we got ourselves in was brilliant. Since has been anything but and it feels like our own doing.

I can’t see this side finishing in the top 6. We’ve lost the fundamentals and what got us into that position:

- dynamic counter attack. Not basing our ‘game’ on possession.

- clean sheets based on disciplined defence and defenders knowing their exact role

- Brereton has dried up. Probably fatigue, maybe been found out

- TM not being able to think and tinker

The crap January window didn’t help. More of a concern is the gamble the club made in not cashing in. We will now lose 3 key players for nothing this summer and no doubt replace with lesser.

This was the season to go up and unfortunately TM has blown it. He’s undone all of his good work in getting us there.

Edited by Trinidad Rover