BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Peterborough Utd (a) - 15/4/22

18 hours ago, Geoff66 said:

I heard in the Lancs Telegraph rovers are looking at an everton defender with a view to signing him. Could be a good move given evertons current position in the premier.

You're talking about an 18 year old from their youth team. Supposed to be very quick. I don't think he's meant to replace Nyambe just yet but with this club you never know.

52 minutes ago, JoeH said:

This Everton lad has played for our 18's twice already on a trial. It's already a done deal

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the players readied themselves for the challenge of their lifetimes at the Weston Homes Stadium...

bucklup.gif

key to winning tomorrow is to lock mowbray in the dressing room broom cupboard,get on the bus quickly before he frees himself and set about peterborough with real intensity,3 points is vital,get some attacking done and score a few goals,they are in the relegation zone for a reason,they can`t defend,big ben with a brace tommorow before dolan finishes them off in an easy 0-3 win

Much as I want it, a nice comfortable win, would be so welcome, especially if Luton lose in the early kick off, as that would put us back in the top 6.

I honestly don't see us winning it and either a one goal defeat or a low soring draw is most likely.

Another thing to mention, for those who have said that we are not getting into the top 6 by design, as the owners are happy staying in the championship. Getting into the play offs is likely to mean we are still in the same league next year, as we would come up against Forest or Bournemouth, if one of those finishes outside of the top two.

Therefore if we are intent in staying in this league, surely a semi final off loss, would put some funds into the coffers.

2 hours ago, superniko said:

In fairness, we've only won 1 away from home this year!

1-1 draw and cement 8th place

Aye, sounds about reight - but the only cement I want to see is that coating the concrete lifejacket we give to the Gurning Chump as his leaving present.

On 12/04/2022 at 11:47, Geoff66 said:

I would play Dack and BBD from the start, and Giles supplying the crosses.We must be the worst team in the Championship with corners.I have been to all but 2 of the home games, and can't remember us scoring off a corner.On the other hand the opposition get plenty of corners from rovers and score now and again.å⅕+

Wharton scored from a corner against Derby. 

I think Gallagher was our best player in the last game until Mowbray tinkered again and moved him wide when he was playing very well up front in his properly role

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wharton scored from a corner against Derby. 

I think Gallagher was our best player in the last game until Mowbray tinkered again and moved him wide when he was playing very well up front in his properly role

Was he? Firstly, the decision to play with 2 false 9's was totally bizarre, totally agree. But was Gallagher good aside from his goal? Not really.

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Was he? Firstly, the decision to play with 2 false 9's was totally bizarre, totally agree.

Well that is Mowbray all over now and his stubborn to drop the back 3 which is no longer working BUT he is unwilling to change tactics and formation from the start of the game. 

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But was Gallagher good aside from his goal? Not really.

Well you clearly have a different opinion which to be honest doesn't surprised with you

On 11/04/2022 at 13:14, rigger said:

No postal ticket, no attendance for me.

Peterboro 0 Rovers 5 Rovers will be stung into action after that terrible performance against blackpool. Then rovers reach the promised land: I win the national lottery and peace comes to the ukraine.Sounds great on paper.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Peterboro 0 Rovers 5 Rovers will be stung into action after that terrible performance against blackpool. Then rovers reach the promised land: I win the national lottery and peace comes to the ukraine.Sounds great on paper.

It's the dope that kills you...

I wonder what is worse in the long run - being held hostage and dictated to by clueless, faceless, out of touch, over-entitled morons who don't give a feck about the realities of life for ordinary folk, or being a Rovers fan. Tories OUT. GURNING CHUMPS OUT!

Oh, and I'm hoping for a thumping win for Rovers this afternoon, but expecting a mealy mouthed limp-dicked draw from the tortured mind of the tawdry town tactician.

1-1, Rovers to score first, just after half time, with the Posh equalising 18 seconds after the restart, followed by a complete reshuffle of players, with Kaminski up top, Lenihan in the sticks (dressed weirdly in a claret and blue goalie top), Van Hecke holding the strawberry laces and orange juice and Rothwell smoking a post-coital fag having been buggered senseless by a passing mystery man in a top hat and dodgy lycra belly suit. Dolan to sit this one out on a stripy deck chair in the stands, Nyambe to be seen filling in asylum forms for entry into the Donbas region, Giles resplendent in plus fours and spats (a new footballing style icon dontcha know), Wharton busy doing a worm count biology class experiment from the 1970s with formaldehyde and clip-board, Pears brought on for Kaminski / Lenihan in the 89th minute sitting on the shitter he's occupied and been super-glued to since the Wigan 'help yourself to my slippery gloves and goals galore' episode in January, Travis wearing his favourite Stuart Metcalfe lookalikey wig and high heels, Gallagher shouting loudly above the noise of the sparse crowd 'Run Forrest, RUN!' , Hedges sick on the touchline after his fifteenth deep fried mars bar of the afternoon, Buckley dressed as Edward Scissorhands but labelled 'Johnny wheresthefookingnets' whispering shyly to himself 'ball, feet, nets, shoooooot', Pickering already dressed for the beach and complete with bucket and spade.

Oh, and Diaz babbling in Spanish about looking forward to returning to Ewood next season to continue his goal scoring exploits - for a yet to be named competitor in the Championship...

and THEN I woke up, and it was all as predicted above.

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

It's the dope that kills you...

I wonder what is worse in the long run - being held hostage and dictated to by clueless, faceless, out of touch, over-entitled morons who don't give a feck about the realities of life for ordinary folk, or being a Rovers fan. Tories OUT. GURNING CHUMPS OUT!

Oh, and I'm hoping for a thumping win for Rovers this afternoon, but expecting a mealy mouthed limp-dicked draw from the tortured mind of the tawdry town tactician.

1-1, Rovers to score first, just after half time, with the Posh equalising 18 seconds after the restart, followed by a complete reshuffle of players, with Kaminski up top, Lenihan in the sticks (dressed weirdly in a claret and blue goalie top), Van Hecke holding the strawberry laces and orange juice and Rothwell smoking a post-coital fag having been buggered senseless by a passing mystery man in a top hat and dodgy lycra belly suit. Dolan to sit this one out on a stripy deck chair in the stands, Nyambe to be seen filling in asylum forms for entry into the Donbas region, Giles resplendent in plus fours and spats (a new footballing style icon dontcha know), Wharton busy doing a worm count biology class experiment from the 1970s with formaldehyde and clip-board, Pears brought on for Kaminski / Lenihan in the 89th minute sitting on the shitter he's occupied and been super-glued to since the Wigan 'help yourself to my slippery gloves and goals galore' episode in January, Travis wearing his favourite Stuart Metcalfe lookalikey wig and high heels, Gallagher shouting loudly above the noise of the sparse crowd 'Run Forrest, RUN!' , Hedges sick on the touchline after his fifteenth deep fried mars bar of the afternoon, Buckley dressed as Edward Scissorhands but labelled 'Johnny wheresthefookingnets' whispering shyly to himself 'ball, feet, nets, shoooooot', Pickering already dressed for the beach and complete with bucket and spade.

Oh, and Diaz babbling in Spanish about looking forward to returning to Ewood next season to continue his goal scoring exploits - for a yet to be named competitor in the Championship...

and THEN I woke up, and it was all as predicted above.

Are you the famous big daddy the wrestler, me and my brothers used to love watching you on tv in the sixties (showing my age) did'nt know you were a rovers fan.A make or break weekend for rovers peterboro and stoke. I am confident rovers can get there act together and put pressure on luton and sheff utd.

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray and Rovers must attack from minute 1 and play on the front foot and hopefully the back 3 is dropped in favour of more attacking formation of 4-2-3-1 

I agree

Kaminski

Lenihan van hecke Wharton Pickering 

Travis rothwell

Dolan dack brereton

Gallagher