BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Peterborough Utd (a) - 15/4/22

There are many, many informed and interesting posts on these boards summing up the sad situation here. It really comes down to this for me.

In the heat of the moment during a game, like anyone else, I’m delighted if we score or win or play really well. But in the cold light of day and stepping back to think rationally, a few things are clear.

Win or lose, under this ownership and management it doesn’t really matter (apart from the obvious of relegation/promotion) and is hard to get excited about.

Mediocrity is baked in throughout the club.

Ultimately, with the Venky’s in charge, it would still rationally be difficult to get too excited but it would certainly be a lot easier if there were a dynamic and competent management system and personnel in place.

Edited by aletheia
  • Like 4

Just now, 47er said:

What gets me is that the teams around us haven't done brilliantly either---QPR a time example ,so we've had opportunity after opportunity to pass them but we have failed every bloody time.

thats the annoying facet of this season,under a progressive manager we`de have been guaranteed a play off place,tony just can`t resist tinkering,when it goes **** up he blames someone else

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Today we are playing bottom of the league.

There is not a feckin excuse available should we not win.

Dack MUST start and pull him off when we are winning and have the upper hand.

Rovers to win and comfortably to offer us all some hope - sadly, may well be false hope which will just prolong the agony.

Agree with you up until your last para. ‘And comfortably’. You’ve clearly been living in a Merlot haze for too long, Mercer.

On the plus side, Neither Pickering or Rothwell deserved a start. On the down side Dack should be in ahead of Gallagher. On the really big downside it looks like Buckley as a false 9.

The personnel is a lot better, the shape will be as stupid as ever.

Edited by Miller11

i would`nt have had giles anywhere near my first team,he clearly does`nt want to be here judging by recent displays,it looks to be a 4/3/3 with buckley in the middle,it`s never worked,will never work and was found out by blackpool last week,not sure why buckley is played forwards,it`s not his game,the epitome of stupidity and madness is trying the same thing over and over again in the hope it works,it never does though

Told Big Sam taking on Burnley job to end of season (and will be in stands at West Ham on Sunday) and then Rooney manager next season.

Wouldn't Big Sam just love to rub Venky's face in it by keeping Burnley up!