BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

9 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Wow, what a first interview by the gaffer. First off, he looks a lot fitter than Dacky, so I think there’s going to be quite a few in the dressing room now shitting themselves. Lenihan I’d hope is trying to wriggle out of playing for that old duffer at ‘Boro and Nyambe’s agent suddenly is returning calls. I like the look of his #2 as well, he looks like he wouldn’t take any messing around.

i can guarantee everyone now that these two won`t be sitting down yawning and gurning😆

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

Who's got a good song for him? 

Was a fan of this one from Butty in the previous thread!

Couldn’t quote it as it’s a closed thread but top right arrow takes you to it. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, yeti-dog said:

It's a reasonable question and my take is that it's important for people to have someone to throw shit at. 

Last ones standing are now Lowe, Benson, Waggott and this Commercial fella...

Personally I'm more focused on the positive signs around the new Manger, Assistant Manger, DoF and Conditioning Coach but some prefer self-flagellation.

I agree with what you say, apart from when someone does actually do or say something that makes them fair game! like this idiotic commercial prat and the pathetic comments he's made.

Waggot has gained a little credit with the recent coaching appointments and dof, but he's still walking a wafer thin line with me and its questionable exactly how much say he had in finding them and bringing them in

11 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i can guarantee everyone now that these two won`t be sitting down yawning and gurning😆

HOORAY!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 That should help my blood pressure on match days!

1 hour ago, Mr. E said:

Possibly the best appointment Venkys have made - or whoever new is thankfully advising them. This could be a game-changer for the club. Famous last words I know but...

I'll see what he does in the transfer market (yes I know, I know, Gregg is going to handle all of that 🙄) and how he sets his team up before proclaiming him the Messiah. 

Have to be honest,  when the links started last week I felt underwhelmed as I knew very little about him after his playing career.

I watched the interview posted on here with Hunter and I was instantly intrigued and impressed by what I heard. 

When I got word over the weekend that he was chosen and got the job to be unveiled Monday or Tuesday I felt a level of excitement I've not associated with the club for a long time. Today's interviews just add to the optimism. 

I've got a really good vibe about this but of course he needs some backing in the market now to bring the numbers up with the undoubted need for some quality.

Also, for those doubting Broughton, he worked at Diamonds which was my local team for years. He did a phenomenal job there and was part of the success of a non league club that did well in the football league.

He left when the chairman gave the club to the fans, the money ran out and the club slid back to non league. Broughton by then had moved to Luton and took a couple of the better players with him. Incidentally around that time, Luton then started their own slow  revival.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Will be very interesting to see what kind of influence JDT will have on players such as Gallagher, Markanday and Butterworth. Plus any new striker, assuming of course that Brereton will be sold. 

Hopefully Butterworth will be let go.

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Agree now. New season new Start..

Funny enough I did make some money

How many managers did you bet on in the end?

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Is no one going to acknowledge that over a week ago I mentioned JDT being the new manager.

I'm ITK just by guessing 

But yes I love him.

That's how 90% of the ITKs roll on here so you're in their club now, well no actually you're not because you got it right.

You and unleaded stand alone as the elite.

Just please don't start sitting down for cups of coffee with Waggot and turn into another of his message board lapdogs 😎

20 minutes ago, Southside Rover said:

He left when the chairman gave the club to the fans, the money ran out and the club slid back to non league. Broughton by then had moved to Luton and took a couple of the better players with him. Incidentally around that time, Luton then started their own slow  revival.

So what you're saying is, he will take some of our best players when he leaves, and he will jump ship if we get relegated, got it 😉

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

If there was a video of TM walking past the picture of king Kenny he would have scoffed and said "premier league!!! park those dreams lads, it's not the 90s any more"

I think he was the one who got those pics put up around the place in his earlier years. 

Might have been Bowyer but i'm sure i recal Mowbray saying he wanted the players to be aware of the clubs history and to aspire to it.  Or something along those lines, just shows how his narrative changed to suit once he'd settled in for the plod.

13 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Fair enough. I came from humble circumstances myself, I can appreciate the fact not everybody is made of money. 

Don’t apologise mate.

The club will eventually disappear if the fans don’t return. But there are two sides to this and the club have been pretty awful at engaging, motivating and inspiring fans to attend for well over a decade. The community work and DoF / Head coach hires will certainly help but I must admit, the timing of the price hikes is poor….surely, any leadership team about to bring in GB and the handsome exuberant JDT would’ve kept prices low and attempted to ‘pile em high’? 15k sold….now that would’ve been a statement!

*reaches for tin hat - But, I still say there’s a responsibility to us as the fans. Our job / role at a basic level is to go to the ground, pay our money and cheer on (Support) the team. Of course, there will be a % who genuinely cannot afford a ticket and those who for genuine reasons, cannot face it because of deep rooted beliefs. That’s understandable…But, my feeling is that there’s a thick wedge of “I just can’t be arsed” so called fans who need to ‘be arsed’ if they love the club and want us all to prosper. It’s this group that must wake up, if they do really care.

The club must continue to improve and find ways to make tickets more affordable and build bridges with those most effected by the last 12 years

• Like 7

8 hours ago, RoverDom said:

If there was a video of TM walking past the picture of king Kenny he would have scoffed and said "premier league!!! park those dreams lads, it's not the 90s any more"

I bet the cleaner was in early  😆😆

You just aren’t getting Rovers fans buying STs in large numbers for second division football at £400 - £529, not going to happen. Just like it wouldn’t happen at other local clubs, ergo reduced prices.

The part of that post I most agree with though Paul, is the terrible timing of the price hike. They were expensive to start with and we had no manager at all throughout the first phase, so obviously no momentum for sales is going to build there.

And literally the week JDT arrives they hike the prices even higher, snuffing out another chance for a big spike in sales. Just basic common sense is missing down there. And I think they know they’ve dropped a bollock as even with the appointment they have been much quieter promoting STs since his appointment than before.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 9