BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

The show is the show, doesn’t change whoever has the rights - a few main highlight games, then a load of narrated-over goal packages. 

However, the talksport host sounded like he never watched an EFL match in his life, in contrast to CM who showed a real passion for the lower level game.

• Backroom

Not championship but Lee Tomlin is an absolute disgrace 

On his debut for Doncaster yesterday, he got himself sent off at 0-0 on the stroke of half time 

First he kicked the ball away a bit from Smallwood who was about to take a free kick. Ref booked him, he didn’t move then did it again, at this point a Hull player approached and stood on his foot slightly so Tomlin threw himself to the ground. Ref casually walked over and gave him a second yellow.

He looked like he was actively trying to get sent off ala Alonso and Ramos under Mourinho that time

If he respects fans that little he should just retire 

Great goal from Harry Darling yesterday for Swansea. One I really wished we would've signed. ame game, Obafemi with contender for miss of the season. 

Edited by Neal

6 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Obafemi is one that I'm pleased we missed out on. 

That's just asking for him to score against us next week.

Bristol City were seriously unlucky yesterday. Hull City's penalty equaliser was just ridiculous and then they won it with a 93rd minutes deflection.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

On his debut for Doncaster yesterday, he got himself sent off at 0-0 on the stroke of half time 

First he kicked the ball away a bit from Smallwood who was about to take a free kick. Ref booked him, he didn’t move then did it again, at this point a Hull player approached and stood on his foot slightly so Tomlin threw himself to the ground. Ref casually walked over and gave him a second yellow.

He looked like he was actively trying to get sent off ala Alonso and Ramos under Mourinho that time

I'd read about this but seeing it shows what a knob Tomlin is. I would expect the majority of football fans to applaud the referee who was making his EFL debut after moving from Scotland where he was an SPL referee. Hopefully that will set the standard for disciplining players who wantonly delay restarts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Words I never thought I’d say…

* Bring back Colin Murray*

Superb presenter with a genuinely infectious enthusiasm. You can tell he's bang into whatever he's doing. Best sports presenter in the country for me, sadly now also absent from the snooker too.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, only2garners said:

That's just asking for him to score against us next week.

Bristol City were seriously unlucky yesterday. Hull City's penalty equaliser was just ridiculous and then they won it with a 93rd minutes deflection.

i don`t think i`ll be the only one stating "the standard of refereeing in this division is shocking" through the season,really was a an appaling decision,i thought pearson was remarkably restrained post match

3 hours ago, Tom said:

I watched that last night and well done to the ref for sending him off. Good to see some sensible and logical decision from a referee 

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Thought Ryan Giles looked quality playing at LB for Boro under a decent manager.

Not one of Lenihan's better games though

Giles was a big waste for us, why Mowbray didn't play him in his best position only he knows. Would have loved him at Ewood this season playing at left back under a different manager

• Like 6

only 6 teams have won this weekend including us. Its going to be very tough and close for the top 6 spots

55 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Thought Ryan Giles looked quality playing at LB for Boro under a decent manager.

Not one of Lenihan's better games though

I didn't see the Boro game but no surprised Giles was quality. Mowbray badly misused him. 

What did Lenihan do wrong? 

6 hours ago, Tom said:

He was stepped on, tbf. 

Not posted much, that typical Mowbray post Christmas form nearly sent me into meltdown. Posted this in January, and so it proved to be true. 

image.thumb.png.88a9e45447df06d9d55052a0dca18b36.png

Pleased TM has gone, semi-pleased with the appointment of JDT although our recruitment process was slower than a turtle in sludge. Pleased with signing of Brittain, while at the same time pissed off we lost 3 players for nothing. 

On the game:

DF: Solid, Think Wharton will be a longserving and loyal player - will only get better.

MF: Solid again - Not many better than Buckley and Travis in the middle (in this division).

FW: Powderpuff, needs improving. Diaz is the only threat. 

Depth: There is none really. need CBS, a LB, a midfielder, and a striker. At minimum btw, we probably need more than that. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He was stepped on, tbf. 

Noted, but he deserved two yellows for knocking the ball away twice 

I recall someone getting sent off against Rovers for similar, want to say Micky Quinn

• Backroom
42 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The ref missed the quite deliberate foot stamp on Tomlin. Nowt accidental there. I expect the 2nd yellow to be overturned.

Tomlin wasa dick though.

He got booked for doing something then did the exact same again, bang to rights, he’s a waster

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

only 6 teams have won this weekend including us. Its going to be very tough and close for the top 6 spots

I didn't see the Boro game but no surprised Giles was quality. Mowbray badly misused him. 

What did Lenihan do wrong? 

Mowbray made some really weird decisions in his time here but playing a left back on the right wing was up there with the strangest.

• Like 5