BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ashley Phillips - signs a new deal

4 hours ago, 47er said:

Says he wants to sign and it'll be for 3 years. That means we'll be going through this all over again in 2 years time!

As for predictive text, I wrote "he wants to sign" and it came out as"he wants tossing"!

Spooky eh?

Hopefully we re-enter negotiations once he turns 18 and we are allowed to offer more than 3 years. How difficult those negotiations are to do depends on many things between now and then.

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Hopefully we re-enter negotiations once he turns 18 and we are allowed to offer more than 3 years. How difficult those negotiations are to do depends on many things between now and then.

It will be very dicey then I imagine. Would help if we got promoted.

Its the coaching staff's job to ensure he's a regular and playing at his best by then so we come out of it well either way.

A contract with a release clause in the multi-millions would be the best the club could get I'd imagine. Easy to say!

Delighted with the news!
I was fairly consigned to him leaving, there was too much of the old Hoilett carry on and then Spurs sniffing around aswell. Fair play to lad for turning them down, the premiership team with much bigger salary draw couldn't have been easy to pass up.

Looks like we are finally doing things right contract wise and getting lads tied down for at least a few years!

1 minute ago, Irish_Rover said:

Delighted with the news!
I was fairly consigned to him leaving, there was too much of the old Hoilett carry on and then Spurs sniffing around aswell. Fair play to lad for turning them down, the premiership team with much bigger salary draw couldn't have been easy to pass up.

Looks like we are finally doing things right contract wise and getting lads tied down for at least a few years!

At least now we will get a fee if he moves. Get Batty signed up now.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rigger said:

I hope you are joking.

no,he`s big and pretty mobile,he would be a massive handful up front,we have four good centre backs so stick him up front,once he starts scoring the premiership lot will be on the phone with telephone number sized bids,he`ll be our 20 goal striker!!!!!!!,outside  box thinking works sometimes

Edited by simongarnerisgod
phrased wrong
  • Like 1