BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (a) - 31/8/22

A great win - fully deserved as well and a very good team performance. It really should've been 2 or 3 so I'm glad we didn't pay the price for those missed chances.

The first 10 - 15 minutes were a tough watch. We didn't look up for it and Blackpool were pressing high, but the goal relaxed the team and it all 'just clicked. I'm glad I was proven wrong with my pre-match prediction!

Hyam was exactly what we need at the back - solid and very good with decision making. Carter also did well. Hope he keeps it up.

Vale impressed me off the bench initially but went quiet as the game went on after his yellow card. Would've been a great moment if that chance of his had gone in. I thought Dolan was also a bit better tonight but he's not a starter for me. Hopefully Hirst can come in and make that central forward role his own.

Great win, back into the top 6. Hopefully we can top this week off with a good end to the transfer window and another 3 points on Saturday! 😄

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Wharton wow. Buckley watch and learn; They share a lot of the same attributes but young Adam really showed him how to play tonight.

A lot of positive performances and Hirst will fit in nicely through the middle in this team. Just hope Brereton stays and we can beat anyone on our day. 

Makes me wonder how Garrett would do in a Championship game too.... He didn't look too far off Wharton in the Bradford game. 

We've really got a huge array of young quality at central midfield.

• Like 3

Don Goodman said Wharton's debut was one of the best he's ever seen from a young player and he's not wrong. The guy is going all the way to the top. He's like signing a new £30m player! 

Also, there's no way I'd be sending out Carter on loan again. He's ready for championship football. Hyam had an excellent debut alongside him. 

Without doubt our best performance of the season so far. Even the games we've won previously this season I felt we'd not played that well, but tonight we were far superior to Blackpool. 

Let's hope for 2-3 signings tomorrow and another victory at the weekend. 

Edited by rovers11
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Don Goodman did the summarising on Sky, he’s excellent… comes across really knowledgeable and balanced and not one for hyperbole.

Described Wharton’s performance as “possibly the best debut I’ve ever seen”, or words to that effect.

That’s exactly what he said and added what a great future this young man will have in the game.

• Like 1

I can’t wait to watch this game back. Sounds like Wharton ran the show on his first start.

Currently on my honeymoon in Barcelona and due to a thunderstorm we were stuck in our apartment!

How did Hyam get on?

Edited by BRFC_Polky
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BRFC_Polky said:

I can’t wait to watch this game back. Wharton sounds like he ran the show on his first start.

Currently on my honeymoon in Barcelona and due to a thunderstorm we were stuck in our apartment!

How did Hyam get on?

Hyam looked the part but Adam was everywhere…

• Like 1

Just got back, brilliant tonight. 

Carter and Hyam were brilliant. Looked like they’ve been playing together for a long time. 

A.Wharton, where do I start? What a talent he is! so calm on the ball, positions himself well and made some brilliant tackles. Get him a long term contract. 

Thought everyone one else was good. Hedges was good. Vale looked Sharpe and Pickering had a good game. Was getting forward and stop some crosses. 

Really good response from last couple weeks 👏👏

• Like 2