BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (a) - 15/10/22

39 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

He isn't close to that good. I frankly wouldn't want him at 5 million.

Let’s put it like this…how much do we think Phillips/Wharton are worth ? 
He’s every bit as good as them…and some…though I have high hopes that might be different in 3/4 years…

10 minutes ago, Andy said:

Excellent point.

The world was imploding at one point, if you listened to the noises from some quarters - even after we'd done our business.

But on these two in particular, they are both clear upgrades.

And, for what it's worth, I'd rather have A.Wharton over Rothwell every day of the week.

Equally, we had many people eulogising over Broughton for how great an appointment he is based on the signings before half had kicked a ball. I would say at this stage that the overall success of the window is mixed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Did the team pick itself? No.

Did he get the subs wrong? No. Szmodics and Dolan added energy, Hedges and Carter allowed Brereton and Phillips to be rested.

So where is this comment coming from?

not so much his subs,the way he changed the formation and our limp 2nd half performance was all down to him,we could`nt keep the ball when middlesborough decided to come to life after the break

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FGS5635 said:

Genuinely wonder how many years following rovers takes off your life expectancy. Manic roller coaster constantly 

Yeah.

I made a decision not to engage with today's game until it was over, but my son texted me that we were 2-0 up and cruising. I -foolishly-logged onto this site, just in time to see were had conceded a sucker punch goal before half time.

In all honesty, I predicted a Boro onslaught in the 2nd half and at least an equaliser.

So well done, Rovers! At least we can battle, even when we can't keep the ball....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Yeah.

I made a decision not to engage with today's game until it was over, but my son texted me that we were 2-0 up and cruising. I -foolishly-logged onto this site, just in time to see were had conceded a sucker punch goal before half time.

In all honesty, I predicted a Boro onslaught in the 2nd half and at least an equaliser.

So well done, Rovers! At least we can battle, even when we can't keep the ball....

It's a crazy season, we are up there with the most games won, equal with the games lost. Consistency eh? Sorry, missed Hudds lost eight.

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white

25 minutes ago, 1874 said:

As you have identified it as our weakest position, you have to wonder why he wasn't given any help when they brought on a player that kept Jed Spence out of their team

Formiddable opponent yes. Today was not an isolated innocent though was it? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Morton and Szmodic, 2 of Rovers best players at the moment. Sunderland won 2-1, sets it up nicely Tuesday for Tony Mowbrays return to Ewood.

Would be the absolute perfect time to break the WLWLWLW hoodoo 

but then it would also be the worst time for it to continue

A first draw of the season would be VERY VERY welcome! 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

48 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Fantastic result…need to back it up with two home wins now and we’ll prob be top of the league!! 

Worth mentioning that Hyam and Brittain for combined around £2m to replace Lenihan and Nyambe feel like the deals of the century.  They are light years ahead of the two who left. Every credit. 

I totally agree on Hyam and Brittain point. I was on here for months saying Brittain was player we needed for right back and was improve there. 

48 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Really good win today against a Boro side that looks all over the place. First half we was excellent, again we got the ball forward quicker and it was more effective than the slow, sideways dross that we have often seen. The goal was avoidable and the second half was a struggle but we at least showed good spirit.

Kaminski saved the day, brilliant reaction to an initial mis-judgement.

Hyam was absolutely superb, he isn't a great ball player but he is a proper defender who can sniff out and deal with danger. Scott Wharton has been the worst form of his Rovers career in recent weeks, lots of mistakes but we know he is a good player so hopefully he will improve. Phillips is clearly not ready and needs taking out, the goal came down his side, and in general he is prone to being bullied. Brittain was very good aside from his miss, Pickering gets unfair stick having been one of our best players this season but he struggled against Jones in the second half to be honest.

Morton aside from giving it away very dangerously in the first half put in a very good performance and showed such composure at times, I think he is growing into being an effective player at this level. Adam Wharton makes things look effortless and is such a talent although he dipped and it made sense to take him off. Travis was poor again and I still insist that we needed another experienced midfielder in the summer. Gallagher was really good although needs to be more clinical but you wouldn't like to defend against him on that form, Brereton looked to be struggling throughout really.

Subs wise, Szmodics was effective, Dolan was poor.

I've seen the Kaminski save and is a brilliant reaction save. Enjoyed his reaction after the save. 

Hyam played a great pass to Gallagher for the second goal, and he set up Gallagher first goal. Gallagher got 2 goals and was very good first half. 

Morton has had a good start to his Rovers career for me. 

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Strange that he says that “I think we will be inconsistent all season for sure." Makes little sense to not strive for consistency as quickly as possible.

Of course, he is striving for consistency as soon as possible that why that 5 weeks break will be crucial to our season top 6 hopes. Kompany and Beale have said similar aswell. JDT hasn't had the amount of time on the training field he wants to due to the natural of season and less midweek training days due to the Winter world cup schedule for a stupid time of the year, I guess Pre-season wasn't what he wants in terms of fixtures and training time. 

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I totally agree on Hyam and Brittain point. I was on here for months saying Brittain was player we needed for right back and was improve there. 

I've seen the Kaminski save and is a brilliant reaction save. Enjoyed his reaction after the save. 

Hyam played a great pass to Gallagher for the second goal, and he set up Gallagher first goal. Gallagher got 2 goals and was very good first half. 

Morton has had a good start to his Rovers career for me. 

Of course, he is striving for consistency as soon as possible that why that 5 weeks break will be crucial to our season top 6 hopes. Kompany and Beale have said similar aswell. JDT hasn't had the amount of time on the training field he wants to due to the natural of season and less midweek training days due to the Winter world cup schedule for a stupid time of the year, I guess Pre-season wasn't what he wants in terms of fixtures and training time. 

There is another great save in the first half plus a brilliant tip over the crossbar in the 2nd. Kaminski was good throughout but near perfect all second half. A great display of keeping.

Excellent win today. I know Boro are struggling but the Riverside is still one of the toughest places to go and get a win.

I thought JDT got the starting line up spot on today and it was a brilliant first half display. Second half was tough but we stuck at it and didn't crumble. What a magnificent save from Kaminiski. 

Hyam once again showing why he was our best summer signing. The RB Jones for Boro was excellent when he came on. He tore Pickering to shreds. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Would be the absolute perfect time to break the WLWLWLW hoodoo 

but then it would also be the worst time for it to continue

A first draw of the season would be VERY VERY welcome! 

Bonkers Tony will be smiling away to himself at WLWLWLW. Easy win he'll be thinking but loves a draw in case things don't go to plan.

• Like 2

Even though Boro are on an appalling run of form, that’s an excellent result today. I thought we’d lose and the best we could hope for was to scrape a draw.

Well done Rovers for showing some character after Cardiff. 

Made up for the travelling fans, you deserved that today.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 5

Hats off to the lads today. I can live with some weak links in the side if those with a bit more about them can show a bit of class!

But Bloody Hell! I thought Sam Gallagher couldn't trap a bag of sand, so what does he do? Takes the ball down like Messi and then pops a worldie in the net. Get the fook in, Mr Sam Gallager, Ball Trapping  Expert!

Fantastic result. Yet more evidence for the round pegs in round holes mentality. Who would have thought playing Gally down the middle as a striker and Brittain as rwb (instead of a left footed attacking player) would work?

To think if we'd won at Wigan (a side who hadn't won at home for donkeys) we'd be sitting here 2 points clear top of the league!

• Like 3