v Birmingham City (h) 22/10/2022

Result  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Result

• Win
    • Draw
    • Loss

Just now, Rover_in_the_South said:

Hopefully Ayala and Britain back for Hull to ease some pressure.

Brittain was a big miss today. He takes a lot of pressure off when he gets forward and gives the opposition another thing to think about, so makes space for others.

• Like 2

Three points is three points - yes we could have played better and we have Kaminski to thank but that's the job of the goalkeeper - Cloughie knew a goalie's worth hence the huge fee then for Peter Shilton.

We are in an unbelievable position and we haven't got out of third gear.  As I've posted, think we will go into the World Cup in the top two.  Automatic promotion is ours to lose - JDT needs to get a bit more savvy about the Championship and Venky's need to put their balls on the block come January's window.

It's been a good day worthy of a bottle or two of fine red tonight.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Rover_in_the_South said:

Tell you what, he doesn't do draws but it's far more entertaining with JDT in charge. 

We've played some terrible football at times with insisting on playing out from the back but we can't argue can we! 

What did Mowbray say at half time today?!

Isn’t that a contradiction?

• Like 1

I have to say Birmingham were the best team I have seen at Ewood this season. They made it really difficult for us and their manager deserves lots of credit with his quadruple change which really put us on the back foot. That is why, in many ways it makes the win even sweeter as we really had to dig in but we relied on Kaminski a little but too much for my liking. He was excellent today denying them in three one on one situations and some top drawer saves. In front of him Hyam was his usual self although I thought Scott Wharton looked a little low on confidence at times. The midfield three were really good too with Travis doing his own stuff, the dirty stuff he is good at. Adam Wharton and Morton looked to get us in behind whenever possible and Adam's goal was really well executed as he showed maturity beyond his years.

All in all it's a great win against a very good side so we should all be proud of our young team.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have to say Birmingham were the best team I have seen at Ewood this season. They made it really difficult for us and their manager deserves lots of credit with his quadruple change which really put us on the back foot. That is why, in many ways it makes the win even sweeter as we really had to dig in but we relied on Kaminski a little but too much for my liking. He was excellent today denying them in three one on one situations and some top drawer saves. In front of him Hyam was his usual self although I thought Scott Wharton looked a little low on confidence at times. The midfield three were really good too with Travis doing his own stuff, the dirty stuff he is good at. Adam Wharton and Morton looked to get us in behind whenever possible and Adam's goal was really well executed as he showed maturity beyond his years.

All in all it's a great win against a very good side so we should all be proud of our young team.

I watched Wharton closely and your correct. Really low on confidence and out of the back 3, he’s got the worst distribution…Defended okay but when he’s closed down he’s one of the culprits for loosing or passing into a bad area….Suppose this falls on the midfield a little also.

14 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Three points is three points - yes we could have played better and we have Kaminski to thank but that's the job of the goalkeeper - Cloughie knew a goalie's worth hence the huge fee then for Peter Shilton.

We are in an unbelievable position and we haven't got out of third gear.  As I've posted, think we will go into the World Cup in the top two.  Automatic promotion is ours to lose - JDT needs to get a bit more savvy about the Championship and Venky's need to put their balls on the block come January's window.

It's been a good day worthy of a bottle or two of fine red tonight.

Enjoy your red , shades of Brad today !!

• Like 1

It’s strange how some teams have the Indian sign over others. For inexplicable reasons we can buy a win at Wigan and I think someone said this lot have won once at ewood since 1952 in the league even though played plenty. Maybe it’s just my experience but can’t say we do that much at st Andrews. 

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I watched Wharton closely and your correct. Really low on confidence and out of the back 3, he’s got the worst distribution…Defended okay but when he’s closed down he’s one of the culprits for loosing or passing into a bad area….Suppose this falls on the midfield a little also.

I actually thought he was playing with a knock - he seemed to be flexing his right let a lot during stoppages.

• Like 1

Pleased with the win and the 2 goals we scored today. Gallagher was very good and our best outfield player. First half was good for us in terms of passing and movement. Second half we couldn't get out of our half for most of the half, but we kept defensive solid mostly but Birmingham played very well against us and pinned us back in our half. Hogan had a very good game for them. Eustace deserved credit for how he gets his team to play. 

Kaminski was outstanding today and made 4 great saves and was in the right position at the right time. Morton had a good game and Hyam did until he missed his clearance for their goal. 

Our fighting spirit and determination was clear to see in the second half and the players and JDT deserved huge credit for it. 

our home form is great and 3 wins in a week is great to see. 

Hope Hedges is back soon after going off injured. 

JDT Blue and White Army 🔵

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

He's been doing that all season and getting away with it.

I rate him but he needs to improve his short passing in tight areas and not to pass infield to players even deeper than him who are already being closed down.