BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 29/10/22

Just now, roverandout said:

Adam Wharton has to start.  We look a different team with him in there

We need to play for 90 minutes today, instead of taking our foot off the gas the last half hour. If it wasn't for Thomas Kaminski, Rovers would have had 1pt out of 6 the last 2 games. Hedges out for 3 weeks is a blow and Brittain not expected to return till the Coventry match. We need an attacking formation in this one.

• Like 1

Today for me will tell where we actually are  'in the are we any good question'

Hedges and Brittain  missing is a big loss and although we have the recent victories we have not exactly set the world on fire or  been convincing in any of the wins.

Tough game and along with the Coventry can't see past 2 draws at best, so the resilience we seem to have built will be a major factor.

Lets hope  we show our credentials, as  other than the Huddersfield game could end up being on a bad run in for the visit to the Turd.

2 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

There's a Bradley Dack - stick or twist thread. How about you try and keep the Dack chat in there Chaddy. I've been as guilty as anyone at responding to you, but you're swamping up half this message board with Dack chat on about 3 or 4 different threads.

Where your opinion goes against the grain people keep biting. So yes it takes two to tango, but if you specifically made an effort to contain it to that thread it would do the messageboard a lot of good.

Dack’s absence from the first XI is one of the biggest debating points around our club at the minute and, as always, the biggest debates leak in to different threads. Chaddy is entitled to respond and represent his views on this.

Why don’t you leave instructions on board etiquette to the moderators and do the message board a lot of good yourself. 

Edited by The Hypnotic
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

It is interesting that we are third in the league, have just won three on the bounce, and yet pre match talk is as much about Dack as it is the fixture itself.

I think we all cling to the image of the pre-injury Dack. His fleeting performances in the first team haven't been great. All reminds me of Jansen post head injury - we all want them to get back to the pre injury heights. Possibly, as with Jansen, injury has taken too much of a toll to regularly contribute.

I think there's an element of not wanting to make a premature call on him, and there's definitely been some of that.

Players do sometimes come back from serious injuries and be just as effective, but usually that involves a bit of patience and letting players get back into the rhythm of playing. Obviously you have others like Jansen who was given years to try and get back but just couldn't manage it.

We still don't know which of the two Dack is going to be, and we won't until he gets a consistent run of games.

49 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

We need to play for 90 minutes today, instead of taking our foot off the gas the last half hour. If it wasn't for Thomas Kaminski, Rovers would have had 1pt out of 6 the last 2 games. Hedges out for 3 weeks is a blow and Brittain not expected to return till the Coventry match. We need an attacking formation in this one.

Good job we're allowed to play a GK then isn't it?

I'd expect a competent Championship GK to make most of the saves he's made in recent weeks.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Good job we're allowed to play a GK then isn't it?

I'd expect a competent Championship GK to make most of the saves he's made in recent weeks.

He has done outstandingly well surely? Way better than competent imo.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, 47er said:

He has done outstandingly well surely? Way better than competent imo.

He’s been brilliant since he arrived and outstanding this season so far, a superb buy, a snip at £500k, spot on 47er.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

And that's how it should be.

All good teams have good keepers who prove their worth in games where the rest of the team aren't firing. I don't think I can recall any successful team that has had a poor keeper.

Brazil

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Previously they've had a free pass because they've had two games in a week. Can't make that argument today.

Brittain and Hedges are massive losses.

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

4-3-3 today? 

I hope Gallagher plays as a number 9 striker still

Gotta assume 4-3-3 yeah.

-----------------Kaminski 

Trav-----Hyam------Wharton---Pickering 

------Sammy-----Morton-----Wharton 

----Dolan------Gallagher-------BBD

Or 4-2-3-1? 

Fuck knows

Edited by davulsukur

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

4-2-1-3 ? Two centre halves on the bench ? What’s happened to Hirst and Buckley ?

Buckley is underperforming, Hirst is playing so bad it's unbelievable.

I don't understand, why change a successful formation, when one position in that formation cannot be covered by the first choice. If it works, all well and good, I just don't see the point. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1