BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

One question for Tomasson

Why keep on instructing Kaminsky, Ayala etc to try and play keep ball on the edge of their own six yard box,  then pass to a player under pressure on the touchline before losing the ball and conceding/nearly conceding.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

If you could ask Tomasson one question what would it be?

I would like to ask him why he persists with a way of playing that the players just aren't suited to.

I'm guessing there will be a common theme here.

To what do you ascribe the fundamental lack of a coherent approach when we concede first ?

Why do you insist on playing the same way regardless of the players on the pitch? Do you not think that asking less technical players to be brave on the ball is a recipe for disaster?

I would add in that I am supportive of plan A. But there is seemingly only a plan B when defending a lead and no plan B for when we are losing a game, either in scoreline or territory. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

haven't Gregg Broughton and JDT already answered this question. 

He said "we." Who pushed, was it Broughton was it Tomasson. The signing of Hirst and the pushing of Vale into regular first team minutes could suggest that playing ability as a striker does not necessarily translate to utilising one as a manager.

He also said "Rovers fans should look forward to seeing a striker with a goal threat, good link-up play, the ability to press from the front and an ideal mentality for our environment."

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He said "we." Who pushed, was it Broughton was it Tomasson. The signing of Hirst and the pushing of Vale into regular first team minutes could suggest that playing ability as a striker does not necessarily translate to utilising one as a manager.

He also said "Rovers fans should look forward to seeing a striker with a goal threat, good link-up play, the ability to press from the front and an ideal mentality for our environment."

JDT has to authorise every transfer, him and GB works on who they want to bring in as a partnership. JDT rates Vale and that why we see a new contract for him 

On Hirst, yes, he has started slowly but hopefully after 5 weeks break, we can see him at his best and scoring goals here. I still think they is a player there in him good enough for this level

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

JDT has to authorise every transfer, him and GB works on who they want to bring in as a partnership. JDT rates Vale and that why we see a new contract for him 

On Hirst, yes, he has started slowly but hopefully after 5 weeks break, we can see him at his best and scoring goals here. I still think they is a player there in him good enough for this level

If he does, then I do worry. Not only out of his depth quality wise, but lazy too.

• Like 4

I'd say we've got a healthy points total so far and nobody has even equalised against us in the league, so we're doing something right. But then I'd ask:

Why are some of your team selections just so bizarre? In what world was Garrett a better option than Adam Wharton yesterday? Messing about with Vale then Hirst at Coventry. How can one player be out the squad game after game then in the starting eleven all of a sudden, as has happened with players like Hirst? RWB/RB and LWB/LB should be the easiest two selections for you each week (Brittain and Pickering), why are they sometimes dropped when in good form?

• Like 3