BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/12/2022

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

You must have missed the post I was replying to.

The only thing ive missed is your thoughts on how we played today can you give them or are you just in this thread to jump down people's throats that are criticising an abject display 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

A play off position less than 6 months in to his contract and you want him out ? Who on earth would want to come to a club that treated its manager like that ?

Do you think we'll sustain a play off place until the end of the season, based on what you've seen from the first 22 games? 

Defeats to Norwich and Sunderland in the next 2 games could see us drop out anyway.

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Do you think we'll sustain a play off place until the end of the season, based on what you've seen from the first 22 games? 

Defeats to Norwich and Sunderland in the next 2 games could see us drop out anyway.

Based on our position in the table relative to the other teams in the league the answer is that we will be in the play offs.

Lewis Travis. I have been posting about him for months now. Not a good enough footballer, I'm seeing it week after week after week. The sooner this gets realised the better. 

If he changes direction to go left he can't even play the simplest of passes with his left foot, stretches and tries to play it with the outside of his right whilst falling over and losing it, saw it again plenty today... embarrassing at this level.

Sick of watching him.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

A play off position less than 6 months in to his contract and you want him out ? Who on earth would want to come to a club that treated its manager like that ?

We've played well about 2 games all season.

Our position is absolutely going to change, we're incredibly lucky to be even near the top 6.

Rolling over against Burnley was unforgivable,  repeating it against P N fucking E with half a team out injured is the final straw for me.

Go

Tomorrow 

• Like 5

Preston boss Ryan Lowe:

"The game plan worked to a tee, stuff we've been working on. I thought in possession and out of possession we were fantastic."

- Says it all...they knew we'd knock about in around our own box and all they had to do was maintain a high press. It meant that the best Preston attackers today were the Kaminiski and the Rovers defenders...

The final score today was JDT 1 Ryan Lowe 4.

Plan B needed urgently before we tumble down the table as fast as you can say "Stop buggering around with it at the back, lads..."

• Like 3

2 hours ago, superniko said:

Feels a bit similar to England, albeit at a much much much lower standard. 
With 4 at the back instead of the 5 our midfield looks more compact and we control the game better. 5 at the back and shipping 4 goals, says it all. 

I was lucky to have a good JW seat today and at times the middle of the park was deserted, Brereton on one touchline, Hedges pushing onto the other, Dack dropping deep as the only player who wanted the ball and absolutely nothing central. We need more midfield presence.

Well we had one sat on the bench all fkin match in Bucko but no this idiot persists with the missing Scouse teenager who hasn't been seen for the last 5 matches , Scmodics who is a shocking footballer at best and Travis whose confidence is shot and looks awful. How the hell is Morton a shoe in? He's not ready or able enough for the Champs. Neither is Garrett. A Wharton is being held back by Morton when it should be the opposite

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Preston boss Ryan Lowe:

"The game plan worked to a tee, stuff we've been working on. I thought in possession and out of possession we were fantastic."

- Says it all...they knew we'd knock about in around our own box and all they had to do was maintain a high press. It meant that the best Preston attackers today were the Kaminiski and the Rovers defenders...

Hardly rocket science though, is it?

People have been saying it for months. 

• Like 4

Even if we had the calibre of footballers to play out from the back, which we don't - no-one in the Championship does - to do it EVERY SINGLE TIME is just obstinate on JDT's behalf and absolute suicide. Whatever the sport, unless you are significantly physically and technically superior to your opponent, using the same tactic repeatedly with every single play is daft. Preston were ready for it and so will be every team we play until something changes. If this stupidity persists for one more game, then you have to question JDT's motives because promotion won't be among them.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I don't think that any of Tomassons starting team could be sold for decent money because they simply aren't good enough John. The talented youngsters are the ones who will hopefully command big fees but Tomasson isn't really giving any of them a chance. I honestly don't understand the psyche of Tomasson in any respect of team selection and tactics or indeed the end goal of what he wants to achieve.

I agree Tony, I think he wants most of them gone and hope to get better players to surround the talented youngsters so they can blossom properly.

• Like 1

We get seriously dicked away at the Dingle dome. Nothing happens apart from we all get to go away on a glorified holiday. We get seriously dicked today at home. Nothing happens again. Just business as usual. Nobody back in tomorrow for special punishment training. Come Monday morning nobody dragging them all in to tell the whole team their fortunes. It’s like the Marie Celeste down at Ewood. A bloody “ ghost ship “.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Getting our backsides handed to us by our two nearest rivals will do that to be fair...

I’m 73 and the last time Preston won by that score I’d never even been to Ewood and Tom Finney was playing for them. Maybe somebody should mention it to JDT. Along with the fact the last time we lost 3-0 at the Turf I was a 14 year old schoolboy. I was there for that one though.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

I notice you didn't say Dack should be dropped for the next game,has your opinion that we should sell him changed?

Dack got a goal but he was close cos I wanted to bring Dolan in but its where can he play cos I want Hedges, Gallagher and BBD in my starting 11. Dack dropped too deep at times today and that annoyed me cos we weren't getting anywhere. I was annoyed by how we played BBD, Dack and Szmodics today, cos I didn't understand one bit. 

3 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

If people want him out then that's their opinions. You and I have very different opinions and we are still backing and believe in JDT. 

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

What happened to the Travis that embarrassed mowbray and made himself unstoppable, completely different player to the one that we have today, his only current role in the midfield is to be a gobshite and he isn’t particularly good at that either 

Travis need dropping and I would drop him now for next few weeks games. He need to earn his place

12 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

The crowd showed their displeasure at the performance, the manager and his tactics by leaving the ground at 4-1. 

This manager’s day’s are numbered unless he can pull a rabbit out of the hat

far too early for talk that his days are numbered here. 

4 hours ago, Gav said:

this side is worse than last seasons, the manager was 5/6th choice and he was given no money to spend in the grand scheme of things. 

I don't think this side is worse than last season at all. 

How was JDT 5/6th choice? 

we spend 5 million and kept BBD. Hardly anything is it in the grand scheme of things. One of the highest spenders in the league weren't we?

4 hours ago, Gav said:

Our league position is false and has been all season.

just wrong Gav!

45 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

The crowd showed their displeasure at the performance, the manager and his tactics by leaving the ground at 4-1. 

This manager’s days are numbered unless he can pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Very very poor and not for the first time this season

Numbered with who? The never ending story with TM tells us that these days this lot don’t sack contracted managers.  

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Never,ever thought I would say this...Im absolutely dreading playing Burnley at Ewood.😟

If we’re still dogshite in a month or two changes need to be made. We aren’t the greatest collection of players I’ve ever seen but we’re not a 4-1 dicking at home to Preston bad. Something is wrong at the club and at the moment the finger is pointing firmly at the manager.

• Like 7