BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, XLM said:

Eh? I can't say I give enough of a shit about what randoms on a forum think about a player  to falsify a fake opinion.

If it's so cut and dry then why does JDT play him? Why do Liverpool employ him, and why do paid pundits disagree with you? I'm not saying that makes your opinion wrong, it doesn't, but it's obviously not "cut and dry".

I don't think the anger towards him is justified, so I said it.

He’s cost us a fair few goals this season and the one today, with everything on the line, for him to feign injury and not bust a gut to get back and win the ball back, when we are one game away from Wembley, no, I’ve no idea why that would anger people….

• Like 8

Would have been nice to have a prem quality ref in the quarter finals of the FA cup... Was shocked when the Anel challange on Brereton wasn't given (more frustrating we nearly signed him and they hijacked it, yet haven't even paid the fee yet?).

Need to bring fresh legs on up top when the press stops working, agreed the subs changed the game, thought our defence was doing fine. But other times this season it has worked well at shutting it out. Just better if they weren't two rusty players coming on Shame but thought both teams looked pretty good today - was a good game. Was super excited for a trip to Wembley.

Now let's smash the league and hijack 2nd place after their points deduction! (which they'll probably get next season after getting promoted, sods law of football)

• Like 2

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Bit of an overreaction on morten imo. He showed bravery going for the second goal, he is a young lad and he got a poke in the eye and stopped playing, he will learn. 

im disappointed but more so I’m proud of the lads today, stood up to a hostile environment and gave it their all, showing that they can play under pressure. Feel this will put us in good stead for the rest of the season and they won’t want to suffer the same disappointment in our ultimate quest. 

let’s get a bit of perspective albeit I know everyone will be disappointed about not going to Wembley 

Yep, we gave a good account of ourselves. No shame in losing that, just absolutely gutting. 

JDT is creating something a bit special IMO.  He just needs the fuckwits behind the scenes to learn how to process transfers. I think we'll massively rue that January window when the season ends.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

BTW, how good would this team be if we had a proper CF ?

I reckon we'd be challenging top two, no problem.

Gallagher occasionally gets something right such as the weighted through ball for Sxmodics goal. But 95% of the time he looks like an impostor from a lower league. He is consistently too slow to reach balls across the six yard box and it cost us again today. Always back on his heels. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

He’s cost us a fair few goals this season and the one today, with everything on the line, for him to feign injury and not bust a gut to get back and win the ball back, when we are one game away from Wembley, no, I’ve no idea why that would anger people….

So what? It's what I think. If it angers people then they need to grow up.

9/10 the ref stops play, foul or not. That's the law of the game. If he gets up the ref stops the game 0/10 times and he's out of position.

That wasn't my point anyway, he was good beforehand and made a mistake.

JDT's subs are more justifiable of ire, that and the ref are what cost us. But again, JDT doesn't deserve undue stick for me either, it was another brilliant performance (for 80 mins).

Edited by XLM
  • Like 1

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Bit of an overreaction on morten imo. He showed bravery going for the second goal, he is a young lad and he got a poke in the eye and stopped playing, he will learn. 

im disappointed but more so I’m proud of the lads today, stood up to a hostile environment and gave it their all, showing that they can play under pressure. Feel this will put us in good stead for the rest of the season and they won’t want to suffer the same disappointment in our ultimate quest. 

let’s get a bit of perspective albeit I know everyone will be disappointed about not going to Wembley 

Agreed. Played well, on another day we win 3-1. Mistakes made, substitute botched, chances missed but that happens every match. The tempo and pace were top class. Massively disappointing not to advance but glad we didn’t sit back (until the last 15 min) and go out trying not to lose. 

The lads can move forward knowing that for the next 9+ matches they can get the better of any side. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, alcd said:

The usual crap coverage for us by ITV. No manager interview either before after the match. Absolutely no back-stories about Rovers, just a brief pre-match interview with Brereton. At least it helps in keeping this season's achievements under the radar. McCoist was fair but otherwise absolutely rubbish punditry in the studio. 

JDT was interviewed on the pitch, half an hour or so before kick-off. Agreed puditry wasn't the best though.

• Like 1

Whilst the manager has to take the blame for that today with his surrender subs make no mistake he has been badly let down the recruitment team 25 strikers looked at and they couldn't get one in, I mean how hard can it be to find a striker that is better than Sam Gallagher. Today with a decent centre forward we win, midweek with one we win at a canter and the same at Leicester.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

We'll find out about the squad metal now.  Will they wilt and feel sorry for themselves... or go all out to get to the playoffs?  

28 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Well played Rovers..no disgrace there.We'll play at the new Wembley one day.

The subs simply sunk us!

The referee sunk us - every 50/50 and even 60/40 went there way. What was even worse was the lack of a second yellow - and then Carter gets yellow for similar foul

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, den said:

The law still states it has to be deliberate handball. That’s never changed. There have been guidelines issued which you quote to help refs interpret whether it is intentional or not. It still has to be deliberate though.

The link to what I posted from - is that not the law?

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alcd said:

Gallagher occasionally gets something right such as the weighted through ball for Sxmodics goal. But 95% of the time he looks like an impostor from a lower league. He is consistently too slow to reach balls across the six yard box and it cost us again today. Always back on his heels. 

He’s got no sense of anticipation at all.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, XLM said:

So what? It's what I think. If it angers people then they need to grow up.

9/10 the ref stops play, foul or not. That's the law of the game. If he gets up the ref stops the game 0/10 times and he's out of position.

That wasn't my point anyway, he was good before hand and made a mistake.

Watch his performance back second half - especially off the ball. 

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Exactly. He thinks he was exceptional though. Doesn't care what people on a forum think yet is a member of one. Can't see what people would be angry. It's pretty obvious to most.

2 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Agreed. Played well, on another day we win 3-1. Mistakes made, substitute botched, chances missed but that happens every match. The tempo and pace were top class. Massively disappointing not to advance but glad we didn’t sit back (until the last 15 min) and go out trying not to lose. 

The lads can move forward knowing that for the next 9+ matches they can get the better of any side. 

I think we'll really struggle with 8 games in April - we don't have the squad to perform at a high level twice a week.

I'm just hoping we can hang onto the Playoff spot now.