BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (h) 19/4/23 @ 19:45

• Backroom

Was handball, but very difficult for the officials to spot.

Those crosses by them were quality tho, and there seemed to be about 8 or 9 of them.

Feel like we manage that many over about 3 matches. 

One of them was bound to produce something eventually. 

• Like 4

Fine margins, Scott Wharton trying to control in on the edge of our box and being dispossessed when he should have put his foot through it and cleared it 60 yards, Morton heading it out of play around our box when he could have cleared it up the pitch, Dolan not trapping it and givin them a stupid free kick which eventually led to the corner that they equalised from. Absolutely ridiculous, error after error.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Not sure it was handball, most likely was; I am sure it shouldn’t have got that far to drop waist height in the 6 yard box, I am sure when we are wasting time we shouldn’t be offside from a free kick on our touch line 

We can go mad at things we can effect or sort the things within our control

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So I gather their GK punched one in and another of their players studded Szmodics down his shin and wasn't sent off?

These things even up eventually, right? Right?

Yep, there's a massive conspiracy against us. Just us.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Kept inviting them on over and over. Stupid free kicks and diving in. Dolan was shite and I'm not just saying that to blame anyone, did fuck all and couldn't control it anytime it went near him.

Not ideal but he was probably just on to run around and put them under pressure. 
We were 10 men behind the ball and as soon as we won it we launched it aimlessly (opposite of everything in the 1st half) - not sure what 5ft2 Dolan is meant to do with that. 

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Is there a bigger set of bottlenose in the Football League than this mob?

Unfortunately you have to include the manager in that. Went all "Sheffield United" again and put us completely on the back foot with the substitutions.

He just had to get Morton on. Ridiculous substitition. 

• Like 8

Fuck off ref.

Wearing thin, we don't have many good options off the bench at the moment. A great performance tonight, but unfortunately the season is starting to take its toll and would have been good if JRC, Brittain and Gallagher could've played on. Dolan looked totally lost out there, it was like going down to ten men. 

Only criticism of the performance was the amount of silly freekicks we gave away towards the end. 

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We simply can’t win games since the international break. Worst timing possible - even just one win out of that lot and we’d be sitting pretty.

Tonight I’ve finally come to terms that it is just not going to happen for us this season. I’m hoping that realisation will make the rest of the season easier on my mental health following rovers. 

Aye, it's not happening. We've got too many poor traits to be a team that go up. 

The upcoming run of fixtures isn't kind and we certainly don't have the bottle for it.

• Like 2

Poor from Diaz being offside from that pears goal kick.  Complete inability to deal with pressure in this team and isn't helped by not having the man power for it.  All great having kids come through but can't we have a 6ft 7 one with an asbo come through 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, superniko said:

The fact it’s landed waist high inside the 6 yard box is criminal. 
How has nobody cleared that corner away at the front. 
Useless 2nd half. Changed formation, changed tactics. 

Spot on. Their keeper, yes, KEEPER ran into our box completely unmarked and put it in from a yard out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Brereton with a nomination for worst 90 minutes from a rovers player , absolutely shocking performance 

He doesn't look right, but I'd start him over Dolan. Maybe start Sorba next and put Ben in the middle if Sam is out for a fortnight.

• Like 1