BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - Monday 8th May

From the Preston forum.

In short.

If Rovers are winning with 5 minutes left and we are drawing with 5 minutes left it could be a very odd atmosphere at Deepdale.

Best scenario all round is that Millwall get ahead early doors then we can relax and hope to end the season with a good win.

As I said at the time, I’ve never seen a set of fans practically have their season ended with a draw, and yet celebrate like they’d won a trophy because it also fucked us up. 

• Like 2

Boys have nothing to lose tomorrow so get behind them. 
Closest we’ve been to play offs last game of the season so why not just cheer them and see what happens. 
Save the doom and gloom for this time tomorrow if it doesn’t work out. 
January was a mess but we still have a chance. Sport isn’t predictable. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

Boys have nothing to lose tomorrow so get behind them. 
Closest we’ve been to play offs last game of the season so why not just cheer them and see what happens. 
Save the doom and gloom for this time tomorrow if it doesn’t work out. 
January was a mess but we still have a chance. Sport isn’t predictable. 

Who won’t be cheering them? Who won’t be getting behind them?

I really don’t get this “you’re not allowed to say what you feel if it is negative” attitude on a message board!

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 9

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Who won’t be cheering them? Who won’t be getting behind them?

I really don’t get this “you’re not allowed to say what you feel if it is negative” attitude on a message board!

Particularly when the ‘doom and gloom’ is based on 5 points from 24 

• Like 6

PNE have so many injuries that Sunderland only need to turn up to win.

I simply don't see Millwall winning tomorrow short of a once in the season type of performance.

So Rovers to finally take Mowbray into the play-offs.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Brereton is still our top scorer and no one else has stepped up just like last season when his goals when fit earnt us many points and when he was out (or this season out of form/preparing to leave) none of our other attackers stepped up with a reasonable goal threat.

Having Gallagher back will help us massively tomorrow. 

We have never had a functioning, coherent strategy under Venkys.

Well lets see how this current strategy works first 

Begging isn't to be taken literally, but we are seemingly dealing in frees and loans, and likely will have a team with a very low average age again, ergo more talk of development, transitions, projects, journeys, whatever business speak is chosen.

We can still built a good team on loans and free transfers this summer but I think we made a couple of cash buys this summer aswell using the free and loan transfer market plus developing our own good young players. 

I wouldn't see a season in which we have been in the top 6 all season and then fell apart in the last quarter to fall out of contention to be successful, especially considering that we are supposed to be transitioning into a better side over time.

We have had this argument/discussion last week over this and we don't agree. I have seen over the season us developing and become a better team especially trying to be possession based team

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, philipl said:

PNE have so many injuries that Sunderland only need to turn up to win.

I simply don't see Millwall winning tomorrow short of a once in the season type of performance.

So Rovers to finally take Mowbray into the play-offs.

Imagine the point-scoring on here if that happens 🤣

• Like 3

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Prepare to be amazed 😃😃

Of course we can look back over the season and particularly recent weeks and ask what if but my wider point was that we are still in with a shout albeit an outside one. Who knows what will happen but it will be a nervous afternoon for the four clubs who have a chance. All we can do is control what we can and win. We are due a big slice of luck so let's hope we get our payback tomorrow.

Love your optimism 💯💪👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

From the Preston forum.

As I said at the time, I’ve never seen a set of fans practically have their season ended with a draw, and yet celebrate like they’d won a trophy because it also fucked us up. 

With regard to the Preston forum comments, it is a bit like if we are winning at 90 minutes and Sunderland are three up and the Baggies losing. I would rather see another goal and if the Teeside curmudgeon could raise a smug smile, it be well and truly wiped off.

Edited by Penwortham Blue

On 05/05/2023 at 13:03, Neilbristol said:

When was the last time we got a) a penalty b) scored a penalty and c) and own goal in our favour??

We aren't looking good at scoring at the moment and leave loads of room open when rushing forward trying to pass the ball into the net, so seem to concede as we leave all the space at the back. Maybe we need more balls in the box or some tricks in the box to get an own goal or a penalty??

Take some big gonads from the ref to give us a penalty there.  Hope he holds his nerve for this game we need a ref with bottle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I can't wait for this game and hopefully we win and get that playoff place. Even if we don't I think this season has been a success and enjoyable watching a new head coach starting his first season at this level, bringing good young players through, some good football at times and 2 very good cup runs. 

Its not like BBD has done owt for months anyway. 

Bringing young good players is part of our footballing strategy and one that we excellence at doing. 

why are begging in the market? 

I think its deffo been a success this season with a new head coach in charge, new style of play and 2 very good cup runs. 

I think both Swansea and PNE will at least get a draw against WBA and Sunderland. Down to us to get that win. An early goal from us would deffo help the Rovers players and fans 

Dis agree about the early goal.  May just hurt us if we go trying to hold it again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hasta said:

From the Preston forum.

If the roles were reversed there'd be no more than a handful of people at Ewood who gave a stuff.

Sums these lot up they are obsessed almost on a Burnley level.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, USABlue said:

Can't help but feel Nobbers will roll over and be fine with it.

Preston's players won't have the same mentality as the fans. It will be immaterial to them that their result potentially affects us.

If Preston lose it will not be their fault that we have failed to qualify for the Play Offs.

We should not be going into today's game relying on others.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Love your optimism 💯💪👍

Optimism should be the staple diet of any football supporter, if not what's the point. Today nigh on two thousand Rovers fans are travelling to Millwall and hoping and praying things go our way. We'll know at 5 pm if that optimism was misplaced but until then COYB. 🌹🌹👍👍

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think it's going to be a horrible day for us.

Head says it wont work out for us today and even the heart has given up hope today.

I just hope I'm wrong.

Feel the same.

Will be even more ecstatic if we get a huge load of luck for once though!

• Backroom

Just do our bit but feel the chance is all but gone.

So frustrating as we’ve had it in our hands for so long and week on week we’ve had favours elsewhere but time and time again not capitalised on it

• Like 2