BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (a) - 1/4/24

I suppose we should be thankful that Sunderland won yesterday because otherwise you can guarantee that Rovers would be the ones for them to break their own rotten run of form.

Would be happy with a point but we really need that elusive win. It would be typical of Rovers this season if Dack comes on for them and scores the winner.

I'll go for 1-1. Sammie hasn't scored for a couple of games so he's due. Jobe Bellingham with the goal for Sunderland,

Can't imagine there will be any change to the starting XI unless Pickering is injured after going off late on.       

Not seen anything under JE to suggest we'll take anything from this game.

Continuing to concede soft goals, failing to create much at the other end and a jumbled mess during transitions.

Just have to hope the teams under us also fail to pick up points.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Very ironic and a total two fingered salute , to the powers that be !

Nearly a Denis Law moment !

The club , deserves to be relegated, we the fans don't, I just want these bastards gone asap !

Dacky would have to score with a disinterested backheel, which he is capable of. Both the backheel and being disinterested.

We won't bother trying to win, and eventually someone will make a mistake because this squad just isn't good enough for this league. 

At best we will get a draw, which isn't enough where we are. 

The hope is we get back to where we were when we were scoring goals for fun in the run of 4 away wins.

The fear is the defence forgets how its confidence has returned because it is too busy shielding an error prone keeper..

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I like JRC in centre midfield cos he can get box to box and gives us a goal threat from the centre midfield role

So do I tbh.

I just don't think he was that great against Ipswich, not a surprise considering he's been out injured but his run for the disallowed goal aside, he was poor. He made a poor challenge and was brushed off in the build up for their goal as well.

I still rate him and wouldn't be disappointed to see him start, we just looked better when he went off. 

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

So do I tbh.

I just don't think he was that great against Ipswich, not a surprise considering he's been out injured but his run for the disallowed goal aside, he was poor. He made a poor challenge and was brushed off in the build up for their goal as well.

I still rate him and wouldn't be disappointed to see him start, we just looked better when he went off. 

Move him to RB to replace soft lad and get Ayari into the middle, he looks a very good player to me.

• Like 3

On paper it's all set for an absolute stinker of a game. Given the apparent unpredictability of football at the moment there's always chance of a 3-3 draw though 🙄 

A draw is the best we can hope for I suppose as we quietly slide out of the league.

Our lot have forgotten how to play football, and have no plan, no tactics, no focus and no direction. We rely upon the rub of the green, which has sadly been missing from recent games. Sunderland have enough in the locker to despatch Rovers quite comfortably, based on recent form. Is there anyone left at Rovers who actually gives a fook?

What a dire end to a season that started with such promise.

What the fook kind of business deliberately sets out to fail? 

What kind of set up is intentionally undermined to ensure failure?

What is the mentality of owners who appear to want no return from their considerable investment in their business?

The bonfire of the Venekies... that's what.

Rovers on fire, and the owners fiddling whilst Ewood burns.

Once again we outplayed a top team  Ipwich  for around about 70 minutes last Saturday, but once again failed to put the ball in the back of the net. If we don't start scoring goals soon, Rovers will become a decent team playing league 1 football. My prediction Sunderland 0 Rovers 2. Wishful thinking !!

Edited by RoversTilliDie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Move him to RB to replace soft lad and get Ayari into the middle, he looks a very good player to me.

Yeah I think Ayari is a decent player. 

For all of the stick Brittain gets, he was good in the second half against Ipswich.

27 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Yeah I think Ayari is a decent player. 

For all of the stick Brittain gets, he was good in the second half against Ipswich.

The problem being, most of the team where good in the second half, but poor in the first.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

We played well against Ipswich without Gallagher - id stick with that and bring him on for the last 30 mins. He has physical qualities but takes so much away in terms of link up Id save him till when we need fresh legs.

Would be very surprised if Gallagher is there at all. 

Understand he has a transmissible illness which will also have taken quite a bit out of him.

Edited by Mercer

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Would be very surprised if Gallagher is there at all. 

Understand he has a transmissible illness which will also have taken quite a bit out of him.

Is being useless transmissible? In which case almost the entire Rovers squad have been infected. I wouldn’t be bothered if he were out for the season seeing as he’s as much use as a chocolate fireguard even when he’s fit

1-1 would be a relief against the Black Cats. It’s the best we can hope for under the present circumstances 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Is being useless transmissible? In which almost the entire Rovers squad have been infected. I wouldn’t be bothered if he were out for the season seeing as he’s as much use as a chocolate fireguard even when he’s fit

1-1 would be a relief against the Black Cats. It’s the best we can hope for under the present circumstances 

gally smashed a hatrick in a closed friendly then collapsed when he realised that he`d actually scored 3 in one game🙂

Its easy to say to remain calm but we are watching a set of players that have won 1 in nearly 20 games trying to prevent us from getting relegated in crucial games under a manager that hasnt won yet. Its natural to be nervous, yet the fans have been supportive of the players throughout.

• Like 1

On 30/03/2024 at 07:32, arbitro said:

Well I suppose somebody has to start the thread 😄.

Another huge game in our relegation scrap against a Sunderland team whose season is pretty much over. I looked at their team yesterday and noticed that Jack Clarke is doubtful and Patrick Roberts is coming back from a hamstring injury. In the recent past those two have been a real thorn in our side and if they don't play it gives us a better chance of getting a result. I guess the big question is how Eustace approaches this game. My gut feeling is that it will essentially be the same side and shape as Good Friday with perhaps Gallagher coming in. I'm reasonably confident that we can keep a clean sheet as Sunderland have struggled to score this season. It's scoring that worries me as we are far too reliant on Szmodics and we have only scored seven goals in the nine games since Eustace came in (I'm not giving him the Stoke game). Despite that I just have a feeling we can nick this. We have played well in the last two league matches which gives me hope.

For anybody who is driving up the A59 is closed over Blubberhouses and diversions are in place. However these diversions added half an hour to our journey time to Middlesbrough so please factor this in along with the usual Easter Monday traffic.

To rub salt in the wounds, BBD scored 2 for Sheffield United on Saturday. Just imagine BBD still here  with Sam Szchmodics backing him up. We would definitely be going for the top 6. Hopefully we can remain in the Championship, then John Eustace can build his own team in the Summer with some decent goalscorers signed, the main ingredient missing from the Rovers team this Season. I know we have Sam Szchmodics, but you cannot but all the burden on one player.

• Moderation Lead
58 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

To rub salt in the wounds, BBD scored 2 for Sheffield United on Saturday. Just imagine BBD still here  with Sam Szchmodics backing him up. We would definitely be going for the top 6. Hopefully we can remain in the Championship, then John Eustace can build his own team in the Summer with some decent goalscorers signed, the main ingredient missing from the Rovers team this Season. I know we have Sam Szchmodics, but you cannot but all the burden on one player.

That’s what we’ve done, the last few seasons, tbf.

Dack, Armstrong, then BBD and now Szmodics.

15 hours ago, roverblue said:

I think we draw and lose our way to the end of the season and ultimately go down. Going for a 0-0 here. 

Yes, I can see an improvement in our defending, which has been absolutely wonderful, compared to our attacking. 

I see no win on the horizon, until Shef Wed. Maybe. 
1-1. 

Edited by WacoRover