BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

17 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

That Hughes is interested in coming back and that Venkys are negotiating with him. As I have said, I hope that's true. I've not read the tweet that another poster mentioned on here. 

20 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Allegedly on twitter. I've not read it.

I’ve just been on Twitter and can’t see anything linking us with Sparky not even a rumour. Sorry to burst the bubble. 

I think that TM will resign at the end of the season, probably along with Waggot. That's my hunch. 

TM has dropped hints recently to suggest he won't be here - comments he made around the training ground and "not wanting to be a burden" on the club. He also looks like he's no longer enjoying the job and he'll know he's lost the support of the fans. 

I don't agree with fans who question his integrity or compare him to Kean, that's just nonsense. He had enough credit in the bank to have a chance to prove he's the man to take us up to the prem. He's not a good enough manager to take us there and has been given one season too many, but we're still in a far healthier place than when he came in.

It is painful now though, it's almost got to the point where  I can't watch the games anymore. A load of dross and lack of desire. . 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

The facebook crowd prove you can fool some of the people all of the time. Nobody posting on here during the game said that we 'played really well'.

@chaddyroversargues that a new appointment is needed now and I agree. I saw a poster say we appointed Souness with 15 games to go in a season and he got us promoted. It can happen, again. I hope the rumours of negotiations with Hughes are true and near fruition. I think Venkys need to focus on one target and build a management team around him and I hope that's what they are doing.

Relying on Venkys to do the right thing is a very unusual place to be. I believe Venkys will act in a timely fashion, this time. I have faith.

It was the following season Souey got us promoted, maybe though he wouldn't have done had he not had those 15 in the previous to have a good look.

A few of those losses especially the cave in to Man City at home showed him he needed men/leaders not nice boys.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I think that TM will resign at the end of the season, probably along with Waggot. That's my hunch. 

TM has dropped hints recently to suggest he won't be here - comments he made around the training ground and "not wanting to be a burden" on the club. He also looks like he's no longer enjoying the job and he'll know he's lost the support of the fans. 

I don't agree with fans who question his integrity or compare him to Kean, that's just nonsense. He had enough credit in the bank to have a chance to prove he's the man to take us up to the prem. He's not a good enough manager to take us there and has been given one season too many, but we're still in a far healthier place than when he came in.

It is painful now though, it's almost got to the point where  I can't watch the games anymore. A load of dross and lack of desire. . 

Agreed. 

I noticed the burden comment too, but I didn't think he was saying he was. So he won't resign. I do think it's close though. I honestly belive he will be gone if we lose at the weekend, or hopefully even if we draw. 

The tide has turned. 

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It was the following season Souey got us promoted, maybe though he wouldn't have done had he not had those 15 in the previous to have a good look.

A few of those losses especially the cave in to Man City at home showed him he needed men/leaders not nice boys.

Thanks for the correction. Mowbray's mentioned the need for ''men, not boys", so I'm wondering how we ended up with two inexperienced young'uns in the centre of our defence.

47 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

The facebook crowd prove you can fool some of the people all of the time. Nobody posting on here during the game said that we 'played really well'.

@chaddyroversargues that a new appointment is needed now and I agree. I saw a poster say we appointed Souness with 15 games to go in a season and he got us promoted. It can happen, again. I hope the rumours of negotiations with Hughes are true and near fruition. I think Venkys need to focus on one target and build a management team around him and I hope that's what they are doing.

Relying on Venkys to do the right thing is a very unusual place to be. I believe Venkys will act in a timely fashion, this time. I have faith.

Souness got us promoted season after.

edit: ignore, just seen someone beat me to it.

Edited by booth

6 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Good post agree with most of it apart from the resign bit he's used the burden line before. He's feeling sorry for himself you could tell that with the tetchy comments towards the media guys. He's had it far too comfortable here so he's gone all defensive but now it's turning to that. Probably realized he can't be angry at others when it's his team keep losing games.

Ideal world it would all end amicably with him acknowledging his failings, owners giving him till the end of the season to have a swansong the paying him up.  Might even get some fans in to give him a decent send off, there'd be a few tears ( rivers of them on twitter & facebook) then we move on.

The prospect of a bigger name coming in next season would reinvigorate the fans and stimulate interest. Whilst TM would leave with enough dignity and a cv that says mutual consent, should net him something else should he fancy it.

21 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Imagine he stays for next season.....

That's what my money is on unless something drastic happens.

Venkys will put their liking of their manager before the fans and ticket sales.

Waggott will accuse people of disloyalty before telling us all about what a small club we are with hardly any fans.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Is no one else picking up that this person was obviously being sarcastic?

You may actually be correct! You don’t expect anything as sophisticated as sarcasm on the Facebook groups. 

This next one is being serious though! 

A0FDEF0E-9022-4898-8715-D453E4007758.jpeg

1 hour ago, benhben said:

Do we actually have a board room anymore? When was the last time we heard of anyone other than Mowbray. Do we actually have a chairman or CEO? Has Waggot actually retired already?

No wonder theres no pressure on anyone to perform. 

Maggot is using the boardroom as a make shift builders yard portacabin.  

47 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I remember him locking the players in the dressing room when two teams got promoted at Ewood. Making them have a good listen and telling them to strive for that the following season. It worked! 

And oh god, the Citeh game. Was that Ashley Wards last match for us? And to think we’d end up with strikers worse than Our Ashley in recent years!! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

I remember him locking the players in the dressing room when two teams got promoted at Ewood. Making them have a good listen and telling them to strive for that the following season. It worked! 

And oh god, the Citeh game. Was that Ashley Wards last match for us? And to think we’d end up with strikers worse than Our Ashley in recent years!! 

Yep, oddly he left us and got a move to the premier league!

I'm actually coming around to the Dave Carroll comment, I thought the problem was 100% the manager and coaching staff. I thought we had a pretty good squad just badly managed.  But now I'm of the opinion that we have a crap manager, a crap coaching staff, a crap board AND a crap squad. The players all flatter to deceive. If they're good they're not consistent. How many games have we seen this season when everyone's been at for 90 minutes.

JUST changing TM et al will be like firing your decorator because you're fed up with him painting every room black and white then hiring a new guy to discover you've only got black and white paint.

We need, IMO, to get a new management team and give them a budget. If we don't get new players I don't think we'll see much change.

Venky's, take your courage in both hands and make the change and also open your cheque book or you'll achieve nowt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Have any supporters groups approached or contacted Waggot? How can he sit by and not act here? 

why? 

Waggott hasn't the power to sack Mowbray. That decision is with the owners. 

3 hours ago, Meesh said:

I remember when we beat Man Utd 2-0 at Ewood in the 93/94 season. Rippers long ball over the top to Shearer. Shearer smashed it through Schmeichel and into the back of the net. Simple. Beautiful. And all from one of those frowned-upon long balls.

Funnily enough, Armstrong's injury-time goal against Barnsley originated from a long ball, probably when the players got desperate and abandoned Mowbray's tedious possession-based nonsense.

So even back then with KinKenny and top-drawer players, we weren't shy of playing a direct and physical game. Under Mowbray, we're a lightweight team that knows no other way of playing than a slow, boring, possession-based, predictable and tedious game. It worked somewhat earlier in the season, but we've been sussed out for some time, now.

This is where Mowbray fails. He's sticking to this style of single-minded management. Single-minded is OK if what you're doing works. The problem is that his philosophy doesn't work. We're going nowhere. Changing the formation and swapping players around is just a smokescreen for it looking as though he's trying new ideas or changing things. He's really not. The whole philosophy being prioritised over real management is rubbish.

I'm all for giving managers their space and time to show us what they can instil on the pitch. I've had enough. It doesn't work. He's been backed hugely by the owners compared to what other managers at this level get. Mowbray out.

I remember that game very much and the goals and the performance like it was 2 minutes ago. 

After the time and the financial backing from the owners in terms of wages and transfer fees Mowbray should have the squad for top 6 and the ability to change tactics to Plan B. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I wouldnt get your hopes up, there is more chance of us winning the league this season than of Mowbray being sacked today. The owners wont know what score it was last night.

with attitude like yours why don't we just give up? Might aswell 

Of Course the owners will know the score and what is going on at the club. These are experience business people.

1 hour ago, Butty said:

I’ve just been on Twitter and can’t see anything linking us with Sparky not even a rumour. Sorry to burst the bubble. 

It was mention on 606 on Saturday night with Savage and Sutton

https://twitter.com/5liveSport/status/1363207775103426560?s=20

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

That's what my money is on unless something drastic happens.

Venkys will put their liking of their manager before the fans and ticket sales.

Waggott will accuse people of disloyalty before telling us all about what a small club we are with hardly any fans.

As we used to chant in the BBurn End of a Saturday... "Wanker, Wanker, Wanker, Wanker.."

(I was about 9 and so thin that if I turned sideways I looked like a trouser press)

Edited by WIR Second Coming
Wanker, Wanker Wanker
  • Like 1