BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

10 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Very sad.

Indeed but I expect there willl be many hundreds if not thousands who will be thinking and doing similar. These people will range from those who will refuse to renew until changes are made to those who won't make such a black and white decision but will nevertheless not feel it is worth buying a season ticket next year.

Clearly keeping Mowbray and co. in work and doing the bare minimum is more important to the owners than running the club properly. That's up to them, they pay the bills as their staff like to remind us.

But they expect hard working folk to just sit back and hand over good money to put up with whatever they feel like doing?

On what possible basis are they hoping to sell season tickets next year? Simply hoping that people are desperate to get back to watching games in grounds regardless of how bad it is?

Other clubs are slashing prices, begging fans to renew, offering bonuses or prizes to do it or can rely on new managers or changes to get some excitement going.

If only life was so simple as 'just get behind the lads' at whatever price they come up with. You can't take people for granted like that.  You have to earn it in this day and age.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't disagree the owners overall record has been terrible but I'm failing to see why Mowbray couldn't have made a decent fist of things with the (imo) extremely generous backing he's had.

Because he's a poor manager, who as time has gone on, has increasingly given up on trying to make a success of it and is now just in stasis as he waits to get binned. The villains of the piece are most definitely venkys. They've hired a succession of chancers and yes men. We certainly weren't in this position when they took us over. 

I do acknowledge that any manager worth his salt (ex McCarthy) given the resources at their disposal, should have at least got this team into the play offs. 

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't disagree the owners overall record has been terrible but I'm failing to see why Mowbray couldn't have made a decent fist of things with the (imo) extremely generous backing he's had.

Granted they should never have in a million years allowed him to install Waggott as his immediate boss but that shouldn't in itself have automatically meant poor performance, it was just bound to lead to obvious problems if he needed to be replaced at some point.

Mowbray has without doubt outlived his usefulness and underachieved massively this season, but he’s the tip of the iceberg.

Substandard appointments in the dugout and boardroom is a constant of the Venky reign.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

Mowbray has without doubt outlived his usefulness and underachieved massively this season, but he’s the tip of the iceberg.

Substandard appointments in the dugout and boardroom is a constant of the Venky reign.

This.

What a long list of duds, dickheads and crooks they have appointed!

This is why it is hard to see anything but this death by a thousand cuts.

For me, they have to go.

Nevertheless, if someone could intervene and work with them to implement a proper structure with employees, who are suitably qualified, you never know.

If someone could drill a hole in their heads.... for someone sensible to shit in

• Like 5

Duds, dickheads and crooks 🤣 sums it up very well. 

I don't think anyone sensible would work with them, I mean, it must be well - known in football what they're like. If mowbray goes, we'll just hire another arse. 

Completely agree, they have to go, but for whatever reason they refuse to let us go. It's incredible, the stupid level is absolutely galactic

55 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Very sad.

IF Mowbray is still here when the season starts, I think thousands will turn their backs on Rovers.

IMO, Mowbray's toxicity is not dissimilar to that of Kean and Coyle.

It's all very sad and I think Waggott and co, just like Labour have with its historic voter base, have made the mistake of taking the Rovers fans for granted and for too long.  Most us us have minds of our own and can see through, IMO, the bile and bullsh1t emanating from Waggott and Mowbray.

I think the club's heartbeat has been stifled and we are dying on our feet.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/12302190/man-utd-vs-leicester-amad-diallo-and-shola-shoretire-set-to-feature

Integrity and playing full strength teams is for small clubs and losers. Enormous stakes here and Ole don't care 

Ole should be blaming the d1ckheads who stopped the match against Liverpool going ahead.

I have no sympathy with United and hope they lose every feckin remaining game this season.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/12302190/man-utd-vs-leicester-amad-diallo-and-shola-shoretire-set-to-feature

Integrity and playing full strength teams is for small clubs and losers. Enormous stakes here and Ole don't care 

they play liverpool on thursday what is he supposed to do

• Like 1

I don't understand the whole not buying a ticket if Mowbray starts the season as manager. Sorry. I understood the Venky boycott but if history tells us something it is that it does not matter what our game attendance is.

Managers come and go in this game and depriving yourself of watching Rovers because of one man is silly. Voice your opinion in the ground. Unlike Venkys he literally has to be there to hear it. 

Talk of comparing him to Kean and Coyle is just overexaggerated. He's a poor manager that is covering his failings with drivel in the media. What differs him from other managers out there? Nowt. Don't think he is some special case. 

The only victims of you not attending are Rovers and yourselves. Mowbray, Waggott and the rest don't care one iota. 

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I don't understand the whole not buying a ticket if Mowbray starts the season as manager. Sorry. I understood the Venky boycott but if history tells us something it is that it does not matter what our game attendance is.

Managers come and go in this game and depriving yourself of watching Rovers because of one man is silly. Voice your opinion in the ground. Unlike Venkys he literally has to be there to hear it. 

Talk of comparing him to Kean and Coyle is just overexaggerated. He's a poor manager that is covering his failings with drivel in the media. What differs him from other managers out there? Nowt. Don't think he is some special case. 

The only victims of you not attended are Rovers and yourselves. Mowbray, Waggott and the rest don't care one iota. 

Different for me on Ifollow, but I would be hesitant to watch as the football was so bad at stages this season. Toothless possession for the sake of it. Gallagher on the wing. Just not enjoyable unfortunately. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The only victims of you not attended are Rovers and yourselves. Mowbray, Waggott and the rest don't care one iota. 

I’ve been a regular since the early 80s, but I’m afraid I feel the same as @gumboots.

I’ve had enough.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Can still do away games and u23s. That should be enough.

Mowbray and Waggott might start to care when there's only 4000 rattling around in Ewood including kids and comps.

• Like 1

Is he really much better than Coyle though? Coyle took over a team than within 12 months had lost Rhodes, King, Gestede, Cairney, Olsson and within a matter of weeks him being here then lost Hanley and Duffy and a few months after that Marshall departed. Those players were replaced with frees or cheap loans with the exception of his solitary signing for a fee which was Williams for £250K. Mowbray has had 4 years, around £20 Million, not had to sell a single key player and yet we finished this season a just 7 places higher than we were under Coyle.

What does make Mowbray different from other managers is he loves to portray himself as a pillar of virtue, he's obsessed with telling people what a great, humble, working class guy he is. But in terms of his time at Rovers it simply doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

I certainly won't be getting a season ticket for the new season and I certainly won't feel a victim at missing out on watching a Tony Mowbray team.

• Like 5

I just think TM is at the edges of his abilities, and not in the same category as Kean or Coyle.  I don't live in the town so have no idea how he is seen by the ordinary fans.  I'm also not as close to others in terms of how the club is run, but I sometimes wonder if the Venkys cash is as much a hindrance as a help. 

16 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think you are wrong.

Can't stand the bloke - never been a fan but, IMO, his excuses, bullsh1t, demeanour and unwillingness to take any responsibility etc have alienated many.  I think he is taking the p1ss and has been doing so for some time now.  A humble, working, man of integrity with Rovers at heart - my arse!

He reminds of a bloke in the pub, you can trust me mate, I'm honest blah blah 🍻

9 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Is he really much better than Coyle though? Coyle took over a team than within 12 months had lost Rhodes, King, Gestede, Cairney, Olsson and within a matter of weeks him being here then lost Hanley and Duffy and a few months after that Marshall departed. Those players were replaced with frees or cheap loans with the exception of his solitary signing for a fee which was Williams for £250K. Mowbray has had 4 years, around £20 Million, not had to sell a single key player and yet we finished this season a just 7 places higher than we were under Coyle.

What does make Mowbray different from other managers is he loves to portray himself as a pillar of virtue, he's obsessed with telling people what a great, humble, working class guy he is. But in terms of his time at Rovers it simply doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

I certainly won't be getting a season ticket for the new season and I certainly won't feel a victim at missing out on watching a Tony Mowbray team.

Yes - we saw that in the same season once Mowbray took over. Take your point about Coyle having a fairly tough gig, but there's simply no arguing with the significant improvement in the team once we potted Coyle and brought Mowbray in. Sadly it wasn't quite enough to keep us up, but the difference was obvious. I would've have had any confidence at all in Coyle getting us up from L1 either, although obviously there's no way of proving that.

There's no getting away from how poor this season has been - bad enough to warrant the manager losing his job. But taking a step back, Mowbray is simply an underperforming manager. We've had plenty of these and by the law of averages, we'll have plenty more. That doesn't mean they he should be put in the same category of Kean/Coyle, either in terms of ability or character. 

54 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Can still do away games and u23s. That should be enough.

Mowbray and Waggott might start to care when there's only 4000 rattling around in Ewood including kids and comps.

I'll be at the U23s. And aways, if allowed.