BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers, Wed 17th Feb

6 minutes ago, Youngrover95 said:

Well I am very much looking forward to tonight’s game. I am dreaming of all the damage that Arma and Rothwell and Elliot can do against what should be a tired Barnsley side who have had a tough week. 

I mentioned this in another thread but you can bet your bottom dollar that Mowbray won’t be mentioning our rest time in comparison to theirs over recent weeks win, lose or draw. If we’d had their recent fixture list then we’d never hear the end of it in the build up to, and after the match.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

Not long after he arrived didn't Mowbray question the value of having a category a academy with rather having the money for the first team. The loaning of these young defenders with very little first team experience has to be seriously questioned. Inevitably they will make mistakes but not for our benefit whereas our own academy players would be learning to our benefit. These loans are not the same as when tosin arrived with a seasons worth experience with west brom at championship level.

There's been an assumption based on a few comments floating around that the recruitment dept is bringing these players in on their own judgement.

How much of that is true and whether he's much say on it or not who really knows. Might explain some of his recent detachment from it but in general i think he's been decent with our academy players.

I'm more worried by his use of his alleged signings and the inconsistency and fragile nature of his senior signings who are supposed to lead the way for the rest. Namely Gallagher, Johnson, Holtby, Ayala, Douglas.  Downing not used much and his use of Brereton before this season has been odd to say the least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I am more excited about hearing Mowbrays team selection, than I am for the game.

If you can not wait that long here is a tip to create the excitement of team selection and formation for yourself.

Take a subbuteo boxed team. Hold box over subbuteo pitch, remove lid, tip box on subbuteo pitch and as if by magic you have tonight's formation*.

*If your number 9 or 10 forward lands somewhere near the opposition penalty area, swop him with the player on the right side near your own area for that added authenticity.

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, J*B said:

Death cycle is in full effect. Too early for the huge win - lose against Barnsley, lose again Forest then beat Watford is my prediction. 

Echoes my opinion too.  We have to ALMOST fall out if contention THEN we willl turn it around for a few games for the whole Mowbrayhog day to reset.

• Like 1