BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers, Wed 17th Feb

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

Nailed on win now I feel, always happens when there’s almost unanimous annoyance with the selection 

Got to say, I’ve watched so much football over many years, that it wouldn’t surprise me that we put in a performance, get a win and TM’s slow build continues and he shows us all to be a load of message board numpties.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Wovers said:

In general I think nyambe is okay, but against Preston he was woeful, his positional sense is appalling, that’s how they score their first goal last Friday, he was like a sheep following the ball, and left massive spaces on the right for Cunningham to have free rein.

HOWEVER I think he has the talent to develop into a good player who could probably play top flight, but he needs the right manager, nyambe not playing is a result of his poor performance, and the poor performance is a result of poor coaching/management.

most things poor about the team now are 100% boiling down to poor management.

Nyambe is literally the only player here I can think of that gets dropped as soon as he makes a mistake or two. Nyambe had a couple of iffy moments a couple of games ago, but was NOT at fault for the first Preston goal. The wandering centre halves were. Gallagher was - you can see him look at Cunningham in acres of space then decide he can't be arsed. And Kaminski's positioning was uncharacteristically awful - there was no good reason to be so focused on his near post at that range and with a step or two to the left he would have got a glove on that. Nyambe made the right decision in the circumstances and got unlucky. Pretty much everyone else was responsible for it but Nyambe got the blame. He didn't even get named, he was twice referred to recently just as 'our right back'. That was when I knew he wouldn't be playing tonight. He isnt even on the bench.

I reckon we are gonna hear he has an 'injury' but if so all I'm gonna hear is 'had enough of Tony's shit'.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

Woeful, where to start. Gallagher, one of the biggest donkeys I’ve seen at ewood, starting, AGAIN. 3 at the back, never ever worked for Tony, but he does it again. Bennett one of his only remaining allies, but woeful player, appalling. Dack clearly nowhere near fit enough, starts, ridiculous. 

Bennett isn’t a surprise, and for me shows how desperate Tony is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Commondore said:

I'm not the world's biggest fan of 3-5-2, but it does look like a good use of our current squad. Midfield a bit lightweight, but Dack, Armstrong and Gallagher should be a deadly attacking trio. 

It’s just a way for Mowbray to try and accommodate dack, awful management. The 3 up top, whilst pressing, with quick intricate passing worked for us massively at the outset of the season, he’s now totally gone away from the approach, appalling.

Nyambe is being gaslighted. What Mowbray is doing is slander. I hope Nyambe's agent has sent an ultimatum all the way to Venkys and copies to the Indian press - either Mowbray goes or Nyambe does. I hope the club has been told that unless Mowbray issues an immediate retraction for what he's said about Nyambe or a case for slander will be initiated. Mowbray wasn't stopped with regard to Raya.

I understand the context of @Mercer's post. 

• Like 2

I said he'd shoehorn Bennett in after a few bad results, I didn’t think he’d dare do it after the Preston travesty.

Evans will be back soon.

He’s doing exactly what he did at Celtic and Coventry but without the danger of the sack.

Edited by booth
  • Like 3

I'd quite like that team if Nyambe was there ahead of Bennett. Wing back is a demanding role to start with, for someone not fully fit (or very good to start with) it's possibly one of the more stupid Mowbray decisions ever.

Let's hope Douglas can get some of these famous crosses in that we were promised and that Gallagher gets on the end of some if he's not playing out wide.

I hope I'm wrong but struggling to see beyond a loss here.

• Like 1

Think it's the right formation but very surprised Bennett is in. Mowbray gives Nyambe a lot of grief about his attacking prowess but both goals against Barnsley last time, and quite a few others, cane from Nyambe skinning his fullback....

Interested to see if Armstrong really do play down the middle or if they play wide.