BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers, Wed 17th Feb

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Pep and Carlo will have told him to play a three because that's what they want their youngsters schooling in. 😁😁

Oh, for sure.

I think that was the context that it was being discussed in earlier in the week. Basically just, how do we fit these all on the pitch (and hopefully not drop Nyambe!).

In general I think nyambe is okay, but against Preston he was woeful, his positional sense is appalling, that’s how they score their first goal last Friday, he was like a sheep following the ball, and left massive spaces on the right for Cunningham to have free rein.

HOWEVER I think he has the talent to develop into a good player who could probably play top flight, but he needs the right manager, nyambe not playing is a result of his poor performance, and the poor performance is a result of poor coaching/management.

most things poor about the team now are 100% boiling down to poor management.

Edited by Wovers

2 minutes ago, Wovers said:

In general I think nyambe is okay, but against Preston he was woeful, his positional sense is appalling, that’s how they score their first goal last Friday, he was like a sheep following the ball, and left massive spaces on the right for Cunningham to have free rein. 

If if he hadn't covered then their player in the centre was in acres of space. The problem wasn't Nyambe, the problem was Lenihan and B'thwaite had gone walkabouts and left a massive hole. Nyambe just did what all good full backs should do. 

• Like 4

I've got some of what I wanted.

Downing adding experience next to Travis. Gallagher playing centrally.  Dack will be playing just behind the front 2 so not a straight 3-5-2

The wrong - Douglas isn't a wing back. Downing should be captain. Bennett can't be match fit. He is not captain material - or even squad material

The ugly - looking at our back three , it's just as well Barnsley have no pace ... oh

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

If if he hadn't covered then their player in the centre was in acres of space. The problem wasn't Nyambe, the problem was Lenihan and B'thwaite had gone walkabouts and left a massive hole. Nyambe just did what all good full backs should do. 

Which is why I counteracted my own comment in the second paragraph pal. It all boils down the the way the management is setting up the team.

Crap team, any excuse to get Bennett back in.

If the team is wing backs, I dont agree with constantly changing formations but it would have some semblance of sense, Gallagher and Armstrong with Dack behind, Douglas as a wing back, but im sure it wont be, something will be weird, Gallagher and Armstrong wide of Dack as a false 9, Bennett in CM, Harwood Bellis RB, or something strange. We know Mowbray, its what he does.

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

I really didn’t want to believe that Bennett would be straight back in as soon as he was available, but here he is.

I also didn’t want to believe that Nyambe would continue to be the sacrificial lamb, but again, he’s not in the squad.

What an absolute shower of shite.

So Nyambe is fit - just not picked?

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

I really didn’t want to believe that Bennett would be straight back in as soon as he was available, but here he is.

I also didn’t want to believe that Nyambe would continue to be the sacrificial lamb, but again, he’s not in the squad.

What an absolute shower of shite.

Surely he’s got a knock?

Otherwise that’s a proper scapegoating/falling out

no me gusta