BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading v Rovers. March 2nd 2021, 8pm.

As tonight’s game was free I decided to put myself through the pain of watching it. Safe to say I’m glad we’re back on iFollow at the weekend as I won’t be paying to watch it (unless Tony is gone) teams have us completely figured out, let us have all the ball knowing we won’t create anything, sit back and hit us on the break or wait for the inevitable defensive error. We’re such a soft touch all over the park. When will this guy get the sack? He’s taking us down!!

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, neophox said:

If Tonys dont get the sack its probably not his fault...Its Venkys who make the decision with Waggott...blame them until he's fired....

Why not, Tony has?

”The owners have to tell me”

12 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I thought we played okay and were the better team.  Not enough guile around the box and lost to a terrible mistake.  When you're hot you're hot and when you're not.....  Feel sorry for the players tonight.

You remind me of a girl in the first year at University, who was a 'committed born again Christian' - she was adamant that the world was created by God 6000 years ago, and the dinosaur bones had been placed in the rocks to give humans something to look at.giphy.gif

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

The pundits on Sky know we are shit and have a bad manager...just too polite to say it.

They're not too polite, they genuinely don't care.

Not a sniff of "is Tony Mowbray feeling the pressure after tumbling down the league?"

Just loads of "well he's building something here / lots of injuries (to players he was trying to ship out in the summer!)". It's Kean all over again - I'd feel like I'm going mad if I finally hadn't twigged that the media don't give a fuck about little old Blackburn Rovers. They've never forgiven us for upsetting the apple cart. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Can't see it. Most games he looks like he can barely even stand, and some games he doesn't.

I can imagine security pushing him out the door in a wheelie chair proclaiming 'wait stop. Its not my time yet, we're on a journey'

'Yes Mr Mowbray ur on a journey alright, to the unemployment line...now get lost'

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 1

Of the games we have won this season , how many has Holtby started ???

I don't do I Follow or red button , so only watch on sky live and quest....Seems to me besides the defence , which Mowbray has never sorted , the player we are really missing is Danny Graham ..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Absolutely Elliot's fault and it boils my piss when middling ex-pros say "that's why he's on loan at a club like Blackburn, to learn from those mistakes".

We've fallen so far it's heartbreaking. It was a schoolboy error from a player that hasn't earned his shirt in 2021. If he was a Rovers academy product, rather than a Fulham one, he'd be in the U23s right now. 

That's just not true, if he was a Rovers academy product, he would still have been snapped up by Liverpool at 15 or thereabouts

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Absolutely Elliot's fault and it boils my piss when middling ex-pros say "that's why he's on loan at a club like Blackburn, to learn from those mistakes".

We've fallen so far it's heartbreaking. It was a schoolboy error from a player that hasn't earned his shirt in 2021. If he was a Rovers academy product, rather than a Fulham one, he'd be in the U23s right now. 

Does'nt really matter with this Mowbray team, if Rovers had equalised with 15 mins to go we all know

Reading would have come back and scored a winner.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if you look at the quality of the squad,it`s nigh on impossible to get it relegated,is tony going for the worse managerial performance of the last 150 years

Don't think the quality of the squad is what people make out.

Pears crap

Bell/Douglas crap.

Bennett. 'nuff said.

2 teenage CB.

Ayala always injured.

Lennihan hit and miss.

Trybul/Evans/Johnson have one good game in 10 -if that.

Downing.  Needs to retire.

Travis/Dack not fit and out of form.

Buckley not good enough. 

Rothwell disappears in games.

Gallagher. Offers nothing 

Brereton. Better than Gallagher.  Probably the only one improving slightly. 

🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
19 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Just checking with the mids if it's okay to say F off to board members, call them cunts and the like.

Not sure who the mids are, but the mods don’t advise that, no. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

We don't have the players to play this system. We need fresh thinking or fresh players. Only one of these is possible this season. Fix this or we go down.

You need a bloody brilliant #9 to play a 4-2-3-1 - he has to either have the pace to consistently get in behind or the size to hold the ball up and bring the 3 into the game (or ideally both). Sadly we're stuck with Armstrong. 

The 4-3-3 works because it takes the onus off the #9 to be the focal point of the attack - but we seem to have shifted away from that because Mowbray is a genius. 

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You need a bloody brilliant #9 to play a 4-2-3-1 - he has to either have the pace to consistently get in behind or the size to hold the ball up and bring the 3 into the game (or ideally both). Sadly we're stuck with Armstrong. 

The 4-3-3 works because it takes the onus off the #9 to be the focal point of the attack - but we seem to have shifted away from that because Mowbray is a genius. 

Sorry, you don't think Armstrong has the pace to consistently get in behind?

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

Just now, ben_the_beast said:

Speaking of which. Wasn't he supposed to be fit at the end of February. Not sure we'll see him again this season to be honest 

Or ever again , quite possibly disappear over the summer .. Someone posted earlier could be a signing for an opportunist agent , to help his client out for 12 months ..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Don't think the quality of the squad is what people make out.

Pears crap

Bell/Douglas crap.

Bennett. 'nuff said.

2 teenage CB.

Ayala always injured.

Lennihan hit and miss.

Trybul/Evans/Johnson have one good game in 10 -if that.

Downing.  Needs to retire.

Travis/Dack not fit and out of form.

Buckley not good enough. 

Rothwell disappears in games.

Gallagher. Offers nothing 

Brereton. Better than Gallagher.  Probably the only one improving slightly. 

🤷🏻‍♂️

it should`nt be plummeting towards the relegation zone,all down to the manager imo,with his players out of position and his warped tactics

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Whats bizarre is we were the top scorers earlier in the season and at the time were missing chances. Its all gone horrible wrong

Still +7. Unbelievable. That goal difference may just save us from relegation.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

That's just not true, if he was a Rovers academy product, he would still have been snapped up by Liverpool at 15 or thereabouts

In terms of earning playing time, not who would own the rights to him.

Dolan disappears down there for weeks at a time. So does Buckley. Pike et al can't get a sniff and Chapman was shipped off to Shrewsbury.

Meanwhile Elliot is allowed to have stinker after stinker and is an automatic start every week. So is Armstrong - another player massively out of form, but apparently undroppable.