BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Norwich (a) - 20/3/21

Man oh man, just signed in and surprised at some of the negativity and moaning. It's been a good performance from us, Norwich haven't been bad, we've been good. Brereton has done nothing wrong at all yet he's getting an earful from some. Don't get it.  I'm the first to scream and shout when we're awful but be fair that was a good first half.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

Nearly typical Rovers, on top without doing any damage, give the ball away and they nearly score!

Typical Rovers is exactly how I would describe our current performance.

Too many players who are frustratingly inconsistent. There’s absolutely no goals in this team and no one seems to be capable of finishing things off.

Getting so sick of being on top in games and either losing by a goal or coming away with just a point...

1 minute ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Man oh man, just signed in and surprised at some of the negativity and moaning. It's been a good performance from us, Norwich haven't been bad, we've been good. Brereton has done nothing wrong at all yet he's getting an earful from some. Don't get it.  I'm the first to scream and shout when we're awful but be fair that was a good first half.

Its been ok but we havent had anything like a clear cut chance. Brereton has reverted back to bumbling fool.

1 minute ago, TimmyJimmy said:

theres 45 minutes left yet and iv`e watched enough mowbray rovers to know it can turn around pretty quickly!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

This is really been a good effort so far today, just need to play it more forward, and find somebody, anybody, who can finish.

Rovers not winning possession for once, but still have more shots on goal (albeit, a couple from long range).

Edited by WacoRover

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

I know every post in every thread has to be about how Mowbray needs to go, but that was an enjoyable first half. Much more forward ambition than we’ve shown for months.

I didn't get that. Lots of unnecessary passing plus a lack of penetration against a very poor looking Norwich who haven't got into gear yet. And I'm not surprised considering who he's expecting to provide the goals.

I think Norwich being so poor have made it look better than it is.

Maybe I've just become intolerant to the seemingly never ending passing forward then backwards and it's actually really good.

Just now, TimmyJimmy said:

I think it may be to do with 1 win in 11, and possibly our third consecutive game without scoring. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

theres 45 minutes left yet and iv`e watched enough mowbray rovers to know it can turn around pretty quickly!!!!!!!!

The 5 subs he’ll make after the hour will swing the game massively to Norwich’s favour. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I know every post in every thread has to be about how Mowbray needs to go, but that was an enjoyable first half. Much more forward ambition than we’ve shown for months.

How many shots on target/ real chances to score did we have?

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Much more forward ambition than we’ve shown for months.

But as usual no goals. I wouldn't care if we only had two shots on target the entire game if they both went in and our opponents scored less.

• Like 3

Lowe was a hate figure, Andrews was a hate figure, just don't think it's fair to lump Brereton in with them. He's done OK this match for me. In general he's done well this season. Injury stalled his progress, not his fault. He's a trier, the price tag and expectations aren't his fault

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I think it may be to do with 1 win in 11, and possibly our third consecutive game without scoring. 

Enough of you and your wild theories. Personally all I want is possession.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Man oh man, just signed in and surprised at some of the negativity and moaning. It's been a good performance from us, Norwich haven't been bad, we've been good.

Put it this way, they didn't get to the top of the league with performances like that.

11 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Hasn’t Mowbray admitted as much that we don’t practice them much? Good managers like Allardyce know they’re worth their weight in gold.

Mowbray is a clown.  I haven’t read that Mowbray said we don’t practise them but I have read that he said he doesn’t get involved in planning etc free kicks and he leaves that up to people like Venus.

2 minutes ago, toogs said:

How many shots on target/ real chances to score did we have?

3 shots on target according to the stats. So that would be the two weak Buckley efforts and the Evans one straight at the keeper. Scintillating stuff.

It's almost exactly what plays out every game. Some people are just getting a bit more excited because it's against the league leaders.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

3 shots on target according to the stats. So that would be the two weak Buckley efforts and the Evans one straight at the keeper. Scintillating stuff.

It's almost exactly what plays out every game. Some people are just getting a bit more excited because it's against the league leaders.

Yep, without taking into account they've hit the post twice. A bit of luck for Norwich and they'd be moaning like the rest of us with functioning memories.

• Like 1