BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Norwich (a) - 20/3/21

Hypothetical, I know, but does anyone think if we got an absolute trouncing it would make any difference whatsoever?

If I thought it would I would happily take a 6 or 7-0 defeat, yes I'm at THAT point. However, I honestly think we could suffer the heaviest league defeat in history, ever, & he'd still be at Brockhall Monday morning.

I'll pay my tenner, as usual, watch, get angry, shout, the dog will go & hide & be then I'll back on here moaning about it as usual. I feel like Bill Murray!

Go on then I'll bite, 3-1 Norwich.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Meesh said:
  • Allardyce: Sacked after a 2-1 away defeat against Bolton Wanderers.
  • Kean: Resigned after a 2-1 home defeat against Middlesbrough*.
  • Berg: Sacked after a 1-0 away defeat against Middlesbrough.
  • Appleton: Sacked after a 1-1 home draw against Burnley.
  • Bowyer: Sacked after a 1-1 home draw against Brentford.
  • Lambert: Resigned after a 3-1 home win against Middlesbrough.
  • Coyle: Mutual after a 2-1 away defeat against Sheffield Wednesday**.

* Kean's resignation came a week after this, and a day before the Charlton away game.

** Coyle was still in situ for the Man United Cup game, which I think we lost. Sheffield Wednesday was his last league game.

Make of that what you will, although of the sackings, only half of them followed a defeat. My own feeling is that a hammering wouldn't make a blind bit of difference because Mowbray's and Waggott's excuses are still washing with the Venkys.

When are we playing Boro next?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

A 1-0 Rovers win, an outpouring of Tone-love on twitter, and a new 3 year contract.

please don`t say things like that!!😷,im`e hoping a heavy defeat will see him gone,kind of like having a wisdom tooth extracted,you`re in relentless pain but when it`s taken out  the blessed relief that the pain has gone!!

• Like 1

During our recent, poor run of results (since February 6), we are 1-3-7. Thats 6 points of 33 possible. Rovers have scored a puny 8 goals, and incredibly, only allowed 13.

During the month of March, we were 1-2-2. Five points out of 15. Rovers defence allowed only three goals, never two in one game, not terrible defending.

Tomorrow will be a heroic effort, alas, to fall short, 0-1. The lads are trying, the effort is there, but they aren’t getting any help from TM & staff. 

If ever there was a team giving a great effort, without receiving much direction, it’s this one. Sad state of affairs, indeed. 

Edited by WacoRover

56 minutes ago, Meesh said:
  • Allardyce: Sacked after a 2-1 away defeat against Bolton Wanderers.
  • Kean: Resigned after a 2-1 home defeat against Middlesbrough*.
  • Berg: Sacked after a 1-0 away defeat against Middlesbrough.
  • Appleton: Sacked after a 1-1 home draw against Burnley.
  • Bowyer: Sacked after a 1-1 home draw against Brentford.
  • Lambert: Resigned after a 3-1 home win against Middlesbrough.
  • Coyle: Mutual after a 2-1 away defeat against Sheffield Wednesday**.

* Kean's resignation came a week after this, and a day before the Charlton away game.

** Coyle was still in situ for the Man United Cup game, which I think we lost. Sheffield Wednesday was his last league game.

Make of that what you will, although of the sackings, only half of them followed a defeat. My own feeling is that a hammering wouldn't make a blind bit of difference because Mowbray's and Waggott's excuses are still washing with the Venkys.

To flip that, at least we know that draws won't necessarily save him either.

Feeling optimistic about this game for some reason. I think we're going to win tomorrow. Norwich are due a defeat and won't be expecting much from us based on recent form. We'll get chances to hit them on the break with the pace of Armstrong and Dolan. This might be one of those rare games where things click.

Norwich 1-2 Rovers, with me shouting "why the heck did we not play like this earlier in the season" at the laptop.

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

Feeling optimistic about this game for some reason. I think we're going to win tomorrow. Norwich are due a defeat and won't be expecting much from us based on recent form. We'll get chances to hit them on the break with the pace of Armstrong and Dolan. This might be one of those rare games where things click.

Norwich 1-2 Rovers, with me shouting "why the heck did we not play like this earlier in the season" at the laptop.

If this happens, I am afraid to see TM post-game, grinning like a gargoyle.

Even our relegation season, Rovers offed champs Newcastle, by identical 1-0 scores. Small consolation.

• Like 1