BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Good post, as a point of order though, whilst Waggott is either out of his depth or running us into the ground deliberately for some unknown reason, he didn't join us until December of the League 1 season I don't think.

What I think Roverite was trying to say is ,that the club has now regressed under the watch of Waggot, to the level we where at when we got relegated to Div 1 

• Like 3

Last time we had all these similar issues we had no proper CEO and no long term steady manager.

So the real question is why is all this happening again ?

Probably because India has lost interest again aside from leaving instruction to set the budget. Last time half of it was blamed on the slow nature of the wheels turning between there and here.  Yet all these people and procedures have been put in place over the years at big cost to smooth all that out.

So what's going on ?

Proper tinpot outfit yet costing 20 million a season in losses.  Pathetic.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 47er said:

And let's remember that the only factor preventing us from being relegated last season was that we made an excellent start.

A bad start this season and I fear we won't recover.

If you are using that as a yard-stick. You could also say that the only thing that got us anywhere near relegation last season, was our bad run Feb/March. I never fear we won't succeed 

19 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I'm sure that I saw a bus driving through Wheelton the other day advertising season tickets.

Season tickets from 2 seasons ago I believe.

That just about sums it up for me.

Yeah I've seen buses around the Ribble Valley advertising those on the back. Think it's either the 18/19 or 19/20 season. Half the players on there aren't even here anymore and Waggott's of course bumped the prices up since. Really poor.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Eighteen (?) days away from the opening fixture, no kit, no signings, and a head of recruitment only appointed the other day.

If the first few games go pear shaped what's the betting Mowbray blames the fact that any new signings we might make haven't had time to integrate in the same way he blamed the registration ban for not having made any signings?

It's all self inflicted!

It's called "externalisation" ...in the trade...

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't agree that we are a dysfunctional mess and no more what then someone like Watford

Is that the same Watford who have spent 6 of the last 7 seasons in the Premier League, their one season out of it got automatic promotion from the Championship and also made the FA Cup final just a few years ago. Yeah we are just like them. 

Also if we were anything like Watford Mowbray would have been gone 2 and a half years ago.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Is that the same Watford who have spent 6 of the last 7 seasons in the Premier League, their one season out of it got automatic promotion from the Championship and also made the FA Cup final just a few years ago. Yeah we are just like them. 

Also if we were anything like Watford Mowbray would have been gone 2 and a half years ago.

Ya, we are just the same 😆 classic @chaddyrovers

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

We should be targeting managers like Dyche, which is slightly different to we can get Dyche.

I gave a few possible managers we could target to replace Mowbray 

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

It is clearly an uncomfortable question because you are frightened of answering it!!!!!!!!!!

I can only assume that you would turn your nose up at the prospect of Sean Dyche becoming Rovers' manager because he has managed Burnley.  What a small minded attitude.

I think the real world is that Rovers as a football club are screwed and whilst the 'happy clappers' can't see beyond Mowbray and Waggott then we will remain royally screwed. 

I couldn't give a monkey's what colour, creed or religion our manager is or whether our manager has Burnley connections, two heads or six fingers.  The bottom line is can he feckin manage and get us back to the PL.

IMO, Mowbray has wasted five years and we are a basket case of a club. 

Your question is pointless and very unrealistic Mercer. 

Make your questions realistic and I will give you a proper answer

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Mate, we are a complete dysfunctional mess to be honest. Losing millions, a manager who shouldn’t be in post, lost 11 players, placed in an embargo with no head of recruitment. Now 3 weeks away from the start of the season, 6 weeks away from the end of the transfer window and no signings..no actual kit yet, It’s poor mate. Very poor!

Things can only get better! 😊

We have been losing millions(20 million per season roughly for the last 10 years) and nothing will change it unless we put in place a proper business plan and appoint the right people into the right roles within the football club. Thats down to Venkys to sort that out

I think we all agree that the manager should have been changed last season and I don't know why Balaji didn't change manager or was it more of case we couldn't get the manager they want so Mowbray stays in place. I don't know anymore. 

Most of those 11 players we released and rightly so. Why keep them? 

We have appointed head of recruitment last week. We were placed in embargo due to the Club's accounts being published in line with Government guidelines but not EFL ones. 

Yes I know when the season starts and we had no signings so far. 

I believe from reading Crooke's twitter account that the kit will be unveil before or on the day of the Bradford friendly game. 

Yes things aren't good but things aren't as bad as when we had 3 managers with Kean, Berg and Appleton and we had 3 amigos running the club in Shebby, Shaw and Agnew. That was a mess

I was wrong for mentioning Watford as mess of a club and I must apologies to the messageboard for that

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have been losing millions(20 million per season roughly for the last 10 years) and nothing will change it unless we put in place a proper business plan and appoint the right people into the right roles within the football club. Thats down to Venkys to sort that out

I think we all agree that the manager should have been changed last season and I don't know why Balaji didn't change manager or was it more of case we couldn't get the manager they want so Mowbray stays in place. I don't know anymore. 

We have appointed head of recruitment last week. We were placed in embargo due to the Club's accounts being published in line with Government guidelines but not EFL ones. 

I believe from reading Crooke's twitter account that the kit will be unveil before or on the day of the Bradford friendly game. 

Yes things aren't good but things aren't as bad as when we had 3 managers with Kean, Berg and Appleton and we had 3 amigos running the club in Shebby, Shaw and Agnew. That was a mess

I was wrong for mentioning Watford as mess of a club and I must apologies to the messageboard for that

When anyone asks you a question you don't like, you say you don't want to talk about the manager, so why do you keep talking about him? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We've just got different names in different job titles but its still a mess, just in a different way.

K**n, Berg, Appleton, Mowbray whoever. Venkys haven't appointed a good manager in the last 10 years. At least they were willing to act on poor results back then (for Berg and Appleton at least) now they just leave a guy who managed just 2 wins in 17 games in charge. Shoulder shrugs all round I guess.

We have been a shambles since the day Venkys arrived.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

We've just got different names in different job titles but its still a mess, just in a different way.

K**n, Berg, Appleton, Mowbray whoever. Venkys haven't appointed a good manager in the last 10 years. At least they were willing to act on poor results back then (for Berg and Appleton at least) now they just leave a guy who managed just 2 wins in 17 games in charge. Shoulder shrugs all round I guess.

We have been a shambles since the day Venkys arrived.

Mowbray has been a good manager for most of his time here but the 12 months hasn't been good enough. 

Lambert was a good appointment by Venkys. 

Did Venkys sack Berg or Appleton? or was it Shebby who did it?

1 hour ago, frosty said:

Yeah I've seen buses around the Ribble Valley advertising those on the back. Think it's either the 18/19 or 19/20 season. Half the players on there aren't even here anymore and Waggott's of course bumped the prices up since. Really poor.

Surely this can't be blamed on the club and is down to whoever arranges advertising on the buses?!

I've no problem people hammering the club for things the club controls, but I don't think this is one of them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rigger said:

If you are using that as a yard-stick. You could also say that the only thing that got us anywhere near relegation last season, was our bad run Feb/March. I never fear we won't succeed 

The bad run was way longer than the good run and I know where I'd put my money this time round.

I wonder if Rovers will/are targeting Striker Sandro Kulenovic from Dinamo Zagreb. Forest are linked with him and is rated at 900k according to this article. I do wonder if we have look or scouting him and him being a possible replacement for Armstrong 

Nott’m Forest make Sandro Kulenovic offer | FootballFanCast.com

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has been a good manager for most of his time here but the 12 months hasn't been good enough. 

Lambert was a good appointment by Venkys. 

You say the last 12 months... the vast majority of us say anywhere from 18-30 months. I personally sit at 30.

Lambert was - internally - the most disliked manager in living memory, and many were thrilled he left. Add to that I would say he is the only manager in my lifetime to rival Mowbray for the"Boring Football" award. 

Just because Mowbray has been "better" than Kean, Coyle, Lambert and Berg etc, doesn't mean he has been a "good manager", he's as much of a turd as the rest.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

You say the last 12 months... the vast majority of us say anywhere from 18-30 months. I personally sit at 30.

Yes thats my opinion and you will have yours Angry Pirate. 

I was happy with the first season back in the championship after our league 1 promotion. 

second season I was ok with until this pandemic stop the season. 

3rd season was unacceptable looking back and he was financially backed again by the owners so to finish 15th was unacceptable 

12 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Lambert was - internally - the most disliked manager in living memory, and many were thrilled he left.

why was Lambert most disliked manager in living manager internally? I remember some people saying Coyle was well liked by staff at the club but its a shame his results couldn't match his likeable factor. As Bennett said on the Rovers chat podcast that Coyle would be excellent as number 2 but not as manager