BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well thats your opinion but you don't know what they cared about. Rest of it is guess work Roversfan99. 

If they didn't care they would have sold the club or shut the doors not keep investing over 20 million pounds per season. 

anyway this issue has nothing to do with Transfers does it?

I didn't expect that either. 

It does, it is the disinterest and negligence of the owners that has led to us being in an unnecessary embargo and not signing any players, for example.

Investing 20 million pounds per season is a little misleading too. 

• Moderation Lead
10 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

And some of those fans will come on here having a go at the owners for not putting in more money 🙄

While the fan base declines as "rovers till I die" fans disappear - nobody seems to consider the worse case scenario. The owners may decide enough is enough and withdraw its annual support forcing a mass scaling back of the club, they dont necessarily have to sell, they could just let the club and its dwindling fan base slowly die.

You say this like they haven’t caused all this themselves with bad decision, after bad decision….

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

50% of the fans that have bailed out will never come back no matter what. People find better, less stressful, things to do.

You may have a point with the current older generation TS.

History tells us that if the teams performing well the fans will come, it’s been that way since 1875.

For all the old miserable sods like me and you, we have new fans, our kids and grandkids that can’t wait for the season to start.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

And some of those fans will come on here having a go at the owners for not putting in more money 🙄

While the fan base declines as "rovers till I die" fans disappear - nobody seems to consider the worse case scenario. The owners may decide enough is enough and withdraw its annual support forcing a mass scaling back of the club, they dont necessarily have to sell, they could just let the club and its dwindling fan base slowly die.

That is what's happening now, it's just that many are in denial. In my view we are well past the point of no return. The golden goose of the Premier League will not happen under this lot and where will we be in one, two or five years more of these wretches? We owe them nigh on £200m which is increasing by £20m minimum each year.

We need new people owning and running the club. The biggest threat to the future of Blackburn Rovers are the current owners.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

That is what's happening now, it's just that many are in denial. In my view we are well past the point of no return. The golden goose of the Premier League will not happen under this lot and where will we be in one, two or five years more of these wretches? We owe them nigh on £200m which is increasing by £20m minimum each year.

We need new people owning and running the club. The biggest threat to the future of Blackburn Rovers are the current owners.

Not many around to chuck in 20 mil a season, even though some fans think  they would be queuing up. Took Walker Trust around 3 years to get rid when we had around 23 mil of debt.

55 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

They invest but with  no purpose.  The result is basically what you stated.  The club is dying and not that slowly. 

• Like 4

Think everyone knows Venkys have been disastrous especially the early days, better now than the Anderson/Shebby days but painful to communicate and get things done. But honestly you’d think we are bottom of the div2, people have short memories re owners, apart from Jack the owners/directors have never speculated to accumulate. 
The amount of times back in the 60s we have been hovering around the top of div 1 and then bang, sell, sell.

Top of the league in 64 in Feb sold Fred Pic,  then it was Mike England, Keith Newton and so on, so crap owners is nothing new, just that every supporter has their own views, I still get excited at the start of every season regardless of the kit late, signings late, but unfortunately most aren’t like me and a bit depressing on here with constant criticism, my motto support thick/ thin, good times and bad times. 
Mate heard Duncan Mckenzie talking recently said Rovers sold him for a few quid and then we missed out of promotion by 1 goal, it’s always gone on at good old Rovers, anyway always the optimist COYB😀

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

It's already happening.

Not through lack of funding though but keeping faith with people who only know how to downscale. No idea how to go the other way even step by step despite the preaching.

Marginal gains are bull shit because as we've seen it slips back overnight once you've been sussed. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, unsall said:

Not many around to chuck in 20 mil a season, even though some fans think  they would be queuing up. Took Walker Trust around 3 years to get rid when we had around 23 mil of debt.

It would actually be possible to make some sensible cut backs and still tread water the way we are now. There are numerous examples in this division.

The problem that fans like yourself need to acknowledge is the way they run things, the people they employ are part of the reason for the continued gargantuan losses.

Look how much the wage bill and directors pay has increased in the last accounts. Before any covid is taken into account. Then look at the gates and other income dwindling before that.

All for what ? mid/lower midtable finishes. 

You get what you pay for but it's not peanuts for monkeys in their case. It's gold sovereigns for city and guilds ability.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, unsall said:

Think everyone knows Venkys have been disastrous especially the early days, better now than the Anderson/Shebby days but painful to communicate and get things done. But honestly you’d think we are bottom of the div2, people have short memories re owners, apart from Jack the owners/directors have never speculated to accumulate. 
The amount of times back in the 60s we have been hovering around the top of div 1 and then bang, sell, sell.

Top of the league in 64 in Feb sold Fred Pic,  then it was Mike England, Keith Newton and so on, so crap owners is nothing new, just that every supporter has their own views, I still get excited at the start of every season regardless of the kit late, signings late, but unfortunately most aren’t like me and a bit depressing on here with constant criticism, my motto support thick/ thin, good times and bad times. 
Mate heard Duncan Mckenzie talking recently said Rovers sold him for a few quid and then we missed out of promotion by 1 goal, it’s always gone on at good old Rovers, anyway always the optimist COYB😀

But at least we competed. This slow death costs 20 million a year and we never lay a glove on the top 6.

Some of my best years following the Rovers in the mid to late 80s had us top 6 in a better quality 'second' division with a £90,000 record signing. I would take those days right now.

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, unsall said:

Oh do give over, Jack aside, we've never had multi billionaire owners before willing to bail out incompetent employees by pumping in tens of millions of pounds per annum no matter how badly they perform. With a semblance of nous in the Boardroom and in the dug out we ought to be extremely competitive.

It's nothing like "the good old days" when we genuinely didn't have the proverbial pot to **** in.

We've never been in Div 2 either, let alone bottom of it!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

We owe them nigh on £200m which is increasing by £20m minimum each year.

Why do we "Rovers" owe them "Venkys" £200m? They own us. They are not someone like a building society that has lent us and is still lending us the money.

If that's the case, how much do we owe Jack Walker and his estate?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, unsall said:

Its nothing to do with being depressing or optimistic, positive or negative or supporting through thick and thin. People are constantly criticising because it is on a messageboard and people praise or criticise when appropriate. Its impossible to put a positive spin for example of being in an unavoidable embargo due to negligence, to having such a thin squad or even keeping a manager who is underperforming and not being judged on results.

The issue is not to do with money or being wherever we are in the footballing pyramid. There is no desire from our owners to make the club the best it can be. The losses are massively inflated due to incompetence, on the pitch the product is poor yes but also the marketing and ticketing is piss poor, as is the management of playing assets, other clubs buy low, sell high, replace at a fraction of the cost and remain competitive, we dont.

What is there at the moment to be optimistic about, constructively? 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its nothing to do with being depressing or optimistic, positive or negative or supporting through thick and thin. People are constantly criticising because it is on a messageboard and people praise or criticise when appropriate. Its impossible to put a positive spin for example of being in an unavoidable embargo due to negligence, to having such a thin squad or even keeping a manager who is underperforming and not being judged on results.

The issue is not to do with money or being wherever we are in the footballing pyramid. There is no desire from our owners to make the club the best it can be. The losses are massively inflated due to incompetence, on the pitch the product is poor yes but also the marketing and ticketing is piss poor, as is the management of playing assets, other clubs buy low, sell high, replace at a fraction of the cost and remain competitive, we dont.

What is there at the moment to be optimistic about, constructively? 

i don`t think mowbray will sign another contract,his current one is due to finish at the end of the season and i think he`ll retire to his beach hut in filey,not much to look forward to i know but you gotta hold on to something!!!!!!!

Furthermore, Venkys own the football club. They employ all staff that work there, playing and non-playing. They don't own the fans. And a football club with no fans will cease to exist.

It's time Venkys realised this and started realistic communication pronto.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It does, it is the disinterest and negligence of the owners that has led to us being in an unnecessary embargo and not signing any players, for example.

Investing 20 million pounds per season is a little misleading too. 

We went in embargo cos we filed the Club's accounts in line with the Government schedule dates not the EFL dates. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We went in embargo cos we filed the Club's accounts in line with the Government schedule dates not the EFL dates. 

Why did we do that though? Surely we knew the rules and how we would be punished, also knowing that we would be out of an embargo when the accounts were submitted?

So why did we put ourselves on the back foot from the off, instead of submitting them in line with the EFL deadline?

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Why did we do that though? Surely we knew the rules and how we would be punished, also knowing that we would be out of an embargo when the accounts were submitted?

So why did we put ourselves on the back foot from the off, instead of submitting them in line with the EFL deadline?

Its seem alot of football clubs did the same. But why Didn't the EFL deadline day not fall in line with Companies house deadline anyway that gives companies which Blackburn Rovers Football Club is first 3 month extension to file the accounts. 

Think around 10 championship clubs didn't file their accounts by end of March. teams like Coventry, Luton, Cardiff and Derby all used the option of a three-month extension to file company accounts.

Coventry City chief executive Dave Boddy criticises 'ridiculous' transfer embargoes placed on some Championship clubs - BBC Sport

33 minutes ago, bazza said:

Furthermore, Venkys own the football club. They employ all staff that work there, playing and non-playing. They don't own the fans. And a football club with no fans will cease to exist.

It's time Venkys realised this and started realistic communication pronto.

Iv'e long said they could be the exception to the rule on this certainly for a short while at least. I genuinely believe if all but 1 thousand or so fans fell away or totally boycotted they'd just plough on as they do to make a point.

'Look we can afford to do this as long as we want it makes no odds to us if you stay away, it's OUR club'.

They way they just blank supporters and their feelings and have done for a decade. To the point of always taking Keans side to then actually appointing Owen Coyle ! They don't give a stuff it's their way or the highway. That includes fans.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Oh do give over, Jack aside, we've never had multi billionaire owners before willing to bail out incompetent employees by pumping in tens of millions of pounds per annum no matter how badly they perform. With a semblance of nous in the Boardroom and in the dug out we ought to be extremely competitive.

It's nothing like "the good old days" when we genuinely didn't have the proverbial pot to **** in.

We've never been in Div 2 either, let alone bottom of it!

No I know we’ve never been in div 2, but you and the rest keep going on as if we are in div 2, end of the day we are a mid table championship side, just give it a rest with continued moaning. 
We didn’t have money back in the day but neither did a lot of others, we just never pushed on, always the selling club, never moaned just kept supporting them, well I did many others were like you.

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its seem alot of football clubs did the same. But why Didn't the EFL deadline day not fall in line with Companies house deadline anyway that gives companies which Blackburn Rovers Football Club is first 3 month extension to file the accounts. 

Think around 10 championship clubs didn't file their accounts by end of March. teams like Coventry, Luton, Cardiff and Derby all used the option of a three-month extension to file company accounts.

Coventry City chief executive Dave Boddy criticises 'ridiculous' transfer embargoes placed on some Championship clubs - BBC Sport

Our embargo dragged on because we left it until the very last moment of that 3 month extension. Cardiff have done all of their business now, Luton have signed a number of players and Coventry have made signings too. Even when in the embargo, it seemingly didnt provoke any urgency.

2 minutes ago, unsall said:

No I know we’ve never been in div 2, but you and the rest keep going on as if we are in div 2, end of the day we are a mid table championship side, just give it a rest with continued moaning. 
We didn’t have money back in the day but neither did a lot of others, we just never pushed on, always the selling club, never moaned just kept supporting them, well I did many others were like you.

You seem to be desperate (perhaps mischeviously) to make out that people are just moaning without reason simply because of where we are in the league system. You dont offer any reasons to be optimistic or take on the point that we are not being run anything like efficiently or effectively all stemming from negligence from our owners. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JHRover said:

This is the first mistake. The assumption that it costs £20 million a year to exist as we are. 

It doesn't. We are a basket case financially.

Yes we will always lose millions a year at this level without player sales to plug the gap. But the losses are substantially higher than they need to be purely through mismanagement and neglect.

For mid-table Championship Preston, Millwall, Luton, Barnsley all manage it spending a fraction of what we do. Why can't we do that and save £10 million a year?

Bring that figure down to less than £10 million a year. Be more streetwise with recruitment and sales rather than allowing contracts to run down as with Armstrong. Get competent people running the club. 

Problem isn't solved but it is a hell of a lot better than it is now.

Get the commercial department performing. Get the merchandise up to scratch, tidy up the ground, get an hotel to invest and take up some of the ground that we don't use....easy. all done.