BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

12 out 0 in. 

The Venky cutbacks continue.

and JH continue this theme again. 6 of those were out of contracts players who shouldn't had their contracts renewed and weren't. Also with them gone as allow players like Dolan and Buckley to become first team regulars. Why would anyone would to keep those 6 players? on the loans players, 2 of them performed excellent but were never coming back and the other 3 were poor here. and Armstrong was always to go if someone matched the asking price. 

But what you also failed to mention that we using players like Butterworth, Carter, Davenport, Garrett as back up who young and we can develop into first team regular. 

1 hour ago, bigbrandjohn said:

And the first transfer wicket falls after a first wicket partnership of 320 pages. Outstanding effort by the thread openers. 
I think a wicket or two may fall in the coming pages as the new ball is in play and Obefemi comes on at the  factory end. 

a great opening partnership from the openers

What really annoys me about saying we can use all these youngsters is the assumption that they will all make the required standard. this does not happen! 

Having watched football for many years I cannot recall an entire squads worth of youth players all at once making the grade. Not here, not anywhere else.

So why on earth should we ignore the precident of every other year and team and assume all positions will be covered by our youth? I'm sure some will make it, but I'm certain some won't. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

and JH continue this theme again. 6 of those were out of contracts players who shouldn't had their contracts renewed and weren't. Also with them gone as allow players like Dolan and Buckley to become first team regulars. Why would anyone would to keep those 6 players? on the loans players, 2 of them performed excellent but were never coming back and the other 3 were poor here. and Armstrong was always to go if someone matched the asking price. 

But what you also failed to mention that we using players like Butterworth, Carter, Davenport, Garrett as back up who young and we can develop into first team regular. 

a great opening partnership from the openers

It wouldn't be an opening partnership if it was the middle order though would it. 

I doubt we would be in for him but I wonder if Wilshere could be the free. He’s come out today saying he’s looking for a club. He’s only 29 but has the obvious injury issues.

would prefer a proper CB but we’ve been waiting for one of those for years.

10 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I doubt we would be in for him but I wonder if Wilshere could be the free. He’s come out today saying he’s looking for a club. He’s only 29 but has the obvious injury issues.

Wilshere? No chance. Some club will be stupid enough to give him a decent ish contract for him to sit on the treatment table all season. Rather bring Grella out of retirement than sign Wilshere.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ricky said:

It'd be great reading the optimists opinions if we signed Jack Wheelchair. 'If we can keep him fit blah blah blah....'

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LDRover said:

It'd be great reading the optimists opinions if we signed Jack Wheelchair. 'If we can keep him fit blah blah blah....'

i can`t for the life of me see mowbray managing jack wilshire,he`d walk out before the first training session had ended,"we don`t do set pieces here jack,we don`t do risky passes here jack,we don`t look for the centre forward to get behind the defence"

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

Especially when..

Harvey Elliott - Loan - as of yet (level I replaced) however Sam Gallagher, Brereton and Dolan first team experienced then Chapman, Butterworth, JRC potential for his role

Lewis Holtby - free - Rothwell already established, replaced by buckley, Davenport, Garrett steps up 

Elliott Bennett - free - was a backup for Nyambe or wings - yet to replace his experience / impact in dressing room alone

Charlie Mulgrew - free - left months ago, loaned out twice

Barry Douglas - loan - Pickering replaces, Cirino backup

Branthwaite - loan - Magliore / Carter back from loans

Harwood Bellis - loan - Ayala fit, Magliore / Carter back from loan

Amari Bell - Free - Pickering replaces, cirino backs up

Corry Evans - free - Davenport steps up to his role, Garrett backs it up.

Tom Trybull - Loan - Same as Evans, Davenport steps up, Garrett backs up, as of yet possibly need one more to replace this area

Stewart Downing - free - backup so no need to replace

Adam Armstrong 15m? - Obafemi? Already have two “centreforwards” who play out wide and are established - much like when Arma started and Danny Graham was the central player.

So - would you say our priority should obafemi and Redrah sign - a centre midfielder?

Central def, central mid, central striker needed. Central midfield I think we need a player with a bit experience who knows when to hold the ball up and when to release it. Central defender I'd like a pacy defender who's quick on the turn to cover for Pickering who doesn't seem the quickest. Lenihan has decent pace but Nyambe is the one who saves us half the time. Harwood-Bellis should probably play another season in the Championship and did very well last season,. Barry Bannan has always impressed me when I've seen him play, but probably not available.

8 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Central def, central mid, central striker needed. Central midfield I think we need a player with a bit experience who knows when to hold the ball up and when to release it. Central defender I'd like a pacy defender who's quick on the turn to cover for Pickering who doesn't seem the quickest. Lenihan has decent pace but Nyambe is the one who saves us half the time. Harwood-Bellis should probably play another season in the Championship and did very well last season,. Barry Bannan has always impressed me when I've seen him play, but probably not available.

First we need a new manager.. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

I've not kept up with the Arma deal so am a little confused. 

Are we thinking that Arma has gone to Saints for £15million and that deal is officially one on its own. But we've been a little sly by Southampton agreeing to sell us Obafemi for cheaper than their true valuation in a completely separate deal to prevent us paying as much to Newcastle?

Yeah but let's see what happens as Obafemi could have other interest

19 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Harwood-Bellis has gone abroad.

31 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Somebody told me Bannan is on 30 grand a week !

No idea if it's true but who'd be surprised.

5 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

A moody little greedy sod at times, I don’t think he has a chance of success in the premier league to be honest, will be back down here next year I imagine. All the best all the same.

Well done to Rovers in getting a huge sum of money for a player. 

Nixon saying we are in for Khedra, Obafemi, a freebie and 3 more loans. If we can get contracts for Rothwell and Nyambe, and all those signings added to the currently squad we could have quite the year. Nice to have 3 points in the bag, suddenly everything doesn’t look so grim!

Big "if" though.

This summer should have started by sacking the manager and making the club a more attractive proposition. I do not see Obafemi joining, or anyone on a permanent basis that has options elsewhere. Give this 3 months and all the fans will have turned.

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

What really annoys me about saying we can use all these youngsters is the assumption that they will all make the required standard. this does not happen! 

Having watched football for many years I cannot recall an entire squads worth of youth players all at once making the grade. Not here, not anywhere else.

So why on earth should we ignore the precident of every other year and team and assume all positions will be covered by our youth? I'm sure some will make it, but I'm certain some won't. 

100%. The graduation of as of yet totally untested kids should be a bonus, not something we depend upon. 

There is a lack of experience on top of a lack of quality in our team.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

“Let’s wait and see how the next few weeks go and whether we can spend any money on players or are looking at free transfers.”

Why does he not know?!

Because he is a gigantic buffoon.

Sure Obafemi was thrilled watching Rovers play a back 5 at home vs the mighty Mocambe tonight... he'll be well up for signing now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, unsall said:

“Selling anyone they can” Can you tell me how many we have sold in the last few years?

None, other than Raya. You'll note that things have changed significantly in the course of the last few months. The Venky taps are off again. This is how they work. Release some cash for a couple of years then slash it back. This was the cycle we had in 2013-15 with investment and 2015-17 with extreme cost cutting. 

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

None, other than Raya. You'll note that things have changed significantly in the course of the last few months. The Venky taps are off again. This is how they work. Release some cash for a couple of years then slash it back. This was the cycle we had in 2013-15 with investment and 2015-17 with extreme cost cutting. 

In a way you can't blame them.  No point chucking good money after bad with this doyle in charge.  He's hanging around like a bad smell....

Mowbray Out!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

In a way you can't blame them.  No point chucking good money after bad with this doyle in charge.  He's hanging around like a bad smell....

Mowbray Out!

No other club owners act in such a way though. They invest, and if the manager doesn't deliver they bin him off and employ someone better.

Here it seems to be the opposite. Only invest if the manager can persuade them to, then if it doesn't reap rewards after a couple of years then slash right back but keep the same manager who has failed.

Mental. But they've learned lessons.

• Like 1