BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You mean Gallagher, he’s our current right winger !

Personally I'd like to see Gallagher try playing the Frank Lampard position in midfield. I know they're chalk and cheese but he has the engine and likes to graft, he's a striker by trade so should have goals in him from midfield. Frees up a position for the new guy. Bit of lateral thinking, could be worth a punt. What do you think?

2 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Will Gallagher know Obafemi from Southampton? Hopefully puts in a good word...or not!

To be fair, he only has to look at how its gone for Gallagher. Played out of position on the wing and even played RB ffs. 

Also, I agree on those suggesting we should spend 6 mil spread around, of course. That can only happen if the funds actually become available. I'd rather this kid and a few loans rather than nobody but loans. 

41 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Personally I'd like to see Gallagher try playing the Frank Lampard position in midfield. I know they're chalk and cheese but he has the engine and likes to graft, he's a striker by trade so should have goals in him from midfield. Frees up a position for the new guy. Bit of lateral thinking, could be worth a punt. What do you think?

Whilst I think we may have to think laterally to get the most out of the squad I'm not sure this would be the move I would try. 

For starters the technique of Gally isn't that great and you need to be a more intelligent footballer to play that position. Also there's a heck of a difference between putting yourself about a bit and being able to tackle. 

No, Gally really is what he seems, a poor man's Jason Roberts, causing havoc for other forwards or an impact sub/plan B (his stats from the bench Vs starting are a remarkable contrast.) Sadly he isn't used well in the former and we can't afford for him to be the latter. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

To be fair, he only has to look at how its gone for Gallagher. Played out of position on the wing and even played RB ffs. 

Also, I agree on those suggesting we should spend 6 mil spread around, of course. That can only happen if the funds actually become available. I'd rather this kid and a few loans rather than nobody but loans. 

Gallagher would play through the middle if he could hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

... and the master of wit and repartee said "f*ck off".

It was just a thought, obviously not worth your while to discuss.

Oh well back to more interesting things.

Sorry, just couldn't think of anyone less suited to the "Frank Lampard role" than Gallagher!

He's no footballing intelligence, can't pass and his second touch is a tackle.

We had someone who was  suitable for that type of role in Travis before Mowbray seemingly coached it out of him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TimmyJimmy said:

I think you've spent too long watching Mowbray play players in their incorrect positions.

• Like 2

If you see Gallagher in a midfield role, I suggest you take your guide dog and go to a different sport.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Doug said:

Please do not spend £5m - £6m on an unproven, injury prone striker, will we ever learn!!

Just to check because I haven't been paying attention... Is the deal for Obafemi not part of the Armstrong deal in that we will pay pittance for him in exchange for selling Armstrong for £15m, but separate so we don't give as much to Newcastle?

So it's not like we're actually spending £5-6m on him that could go elsewhere?

• Like 1

Would usually get on board with something like this. However, Gallagher has the touch of a bouncy castle and the footballing intelligence of a nat so it's a big no from me.

We could try him up front though, in the middle. You know, in his actual position? Would probably do okay there.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sorry, just couldn't think of anyone less suited to the "Frank Lampard role" than Gallagher!

He's no footballing intelligence, can't pass and his second touch is a tackle.

We had someone who was  suitable for that type of role in Travis before Mowbray seemingly coached it out of him.

How the hell has TM coached it out of him, Travis was probably our best player but since he came back from injury he’s been a shadow of himself, down to the player to sort it out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimmyJimmy said:

I have my doubts but the training pitch is the place to see if it could work. What exactly do they do ?
Who though a very average left back ( Fred Pickering ) could become a top class centre forward or a very average midfield player ( Andy McEvoy ) could become a top class striker ? We experimented with players then.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TimmyJimmy said:

This has to be tongue in cheek?

Gallagher's first touch usually sees the ball bounce 2 yards away, his 2nd touch involves him trying to win it back again, and his 3rd touch (if the 2nd is successful) usually sees him pass it to an opponent

So no, I don't see him being a success in the confined spaces in midfield

Comparisons to one of the best midfield players of this generation are, how to put it politely.... ludicrous

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

👀

5F3028AA-BE8F-4265-958B-F1697332E3C2.pngSomeone get onto the Crewe Journo who broke the Pickering story. We were ‘in’ for him early in the summer and the timing around the bud makes sense..

Pretty sure it was Nicko? Not sure though.

Think he'd be a great signing, similar player to Arma.

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Pretty sure it was Nicko? Not sure though.

Think he'd be a great signing, similar player to Arma.

11 goals in league one doesn’t seem to be mind blowing. Can’t say I’ve any knowledge of him as a player. What do you know about him? 

Wouldn’t of minded Kirk from Crewe. 

Edited by TruRover