BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Famara Diedhou is being strongly linked with Boro and Swansea on a free transfer. 1 in 3 goal record and a powerful targetman who always seems to cause us problems and can link play too. Too sensible for Mowbray though who would have him out wide in his deluded idealistic tika taka philosophy.

Would be absolutely ideal

Brereton Diedhou Obafemi

3 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Would be absolutely ideal

Brereton Diedhou Obafemi

With 

Rothwell (dack) 

Travis        Davenport (or new cm) 

Pickering leninhan Wharton nyambe 

Kaminski

Surely with the right management above, thats a top 6 team, aslong as Pickering is an improvement than our recent lbs 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Famara Diedhou is being strongly linked with Boro and Swansea on a free transfer. 1 in 3 goal record and a powerful targetman who always seems to cause us problems and can link play too. Too sensible for Mowbray though who would have him out wide in his deluded idealistic tika taka philosophy.

Hes on around £20,000 per week. We cant afford that.

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We’d have to wait for him to sign for Boro before Mowbray would consider him.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, neophox said:

If we want promotion

we need to scrap the manager and keep Armstrong

if we want relegation

we need to keep the manager and sell Armstrong

simple..

If you want bottom half mediocrity keep both.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think we have young talent attacking players like JRC, Dolan, Buckley, Butterworth etc who can play this style Mowbray wants. 

Yes it is likely that Armstrong will go but depending how we replace him and the goals. I am looking for the team to score goals whether its Lenihan and Ayala to chip or Travis and Buckley from Midfield, or Brereton to score more this season. 

Who knows what the finances are like but I am not expecting big cash signings from most Championship teams this window and expect alot of free transfers, loans and low cash signings. 

I know how and who I would replace Armstrong with. But lets see how the club does this?

sad to hear that you arent renewing. 

I can't wait to get back to watch live in stadium football at Ewood Park. last 16 months without has been tough and something I don't to happen again

Butterworth is nearly 22 and hasn't started a game of professional league football yet.

Not a chance he makes it at Rovers.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

If you want bottom half mediocrity keep both.

How can keeping Armstrong equate to bottom half mediocrity? I’d sooner keep him, pot the gang of three, and get promotion. If it means letting Adam go for free it would be a bargain. How can the seasons 2nd top scorer equal mediocrity? I’m at a loss to understand your logic.

Just now, JohnGo said:

How can keeping Armstrong equate to bottom half mediocrity? I’d sooner keep him, pot the gang of three, and get promotion. If it means letting Adam go for free it would be a bargain. How can the seasons 2nd top scorer equal mediocrity? I’m at a loss to understand your logic.

Read the post that I quoted and then my post again.

Then look at last seasons final league table.

• Like 2

The facts are Mowbray needs players like Armstrong, Dack, Travis etc and a host of young talent to pick from. Alongside high end young loaness just to maintain mid/lower midtable.

Shows how tough the championship is but also shows he and his crew haven't got a scooby how to make the best of what's available to them.

Just an ongoing experiment they play around with under very little inside pressure.

Best job in the Championship by a long way, easy money.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Butterworth is nearly 22 and hasn't started a game of professional league football yet.

Not a chance he makes it at Rovers.

That is due to the injuries he keeps getting.He would have played more but for them 

If he can get over them then he has a chance ,looks a talent from whenever I have seen him and has a bit of aggression and nastiness about him ,if he doesn't make it in the game it won't be due to talent but like I say his injury record awful maybe just doesn't have the body for the professional game 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

That is due to the injuries he keeps getting.He would have played more but for them 

If he can get over them then he has a chance ,looks a talent from whenever I have seen him and has a bit of aggression and nastiness about him ,if he doesn't make it in the game it won't be due to talent but like I say his injury record awful maybe just doesn't have the body for the professional game 

Doesn't matter, he still hasn't played. Back injuries at that age isn't a good sign.

Don't doubt he is talented, but I would be amazed if he succeeds here.

14 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Doesn't matter, he still hasn't played. Back injuries at that age isn't a good sign.

Don't doubt he is talented, but I would be amazed if he succeeds here.

This year make or break for him, doubt much if any will be spent on bringing players in ,he will get a chance this season if he doesn't break down with another long term injury

1 hour ago, JohnGo said:

I read the post and your response still doesn’t make sense 

If we want to get promoted we need to keep Armstrong and get rid of Mowbray.

If we want to get relegated we need to sell Armstrong and keep Mowbray.

If we want to have mid table mediocrity we need to keep Mowbray and keep Armstrong, just like we did last season.

That's basically what has been posted. Which part doesn't make sense?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JohnGo said:

Last season proved it.

• Like 1

Latest 'update' on the smooth the path to transfer project is that allegedly Armstrong still has an offer on the table that would make him the club's highest paid player.

This is an interesting development. I wonder who has recently added the info about him being highest paid player into the equation? it hasn't been mentioned before....

They really must think we were born yesterday.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He would be an excellent signing 

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Too early in the transfer window.  Armstrong will go during the last week of the window leaving no time to source a replacement.  Venkys want the money, Coventrio want the money.  Football and Blackburn Rovers is a secondary consideration and just a vehicle.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

does he a direct replacement for Armstrong and fit the way Mowbray wants to play? 

Don't we want a pacey striker who has good movement and score goals? 

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

well if teams aren't willing our valuation on him then its no deal. Southampton will need at least 1 striker as Ings hasn't signed a new contract so he only has 12 months left on his deal and has been linked with Man City and Spurs this morning. 

48 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Latest 'update' on the smooth the path to transfer project is that allegedly Armstrong still has an offer on the table that would make him the club's highest paid player.

This is an interesting development. I wonder who has recently added the info about him being highest paid player into the equation? it hasn't been mentioned before....

They really must think we were born yesterday.

Well he is already one of the highest paid player at the club and it has been mention before as Alan Nixon did an article a few weeks ago about selling Rothwell to fund a pay rise to Make Armstrong new contract and on higher wages. 

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well we don't know what will go on in the transfer market. 

Have I said I have erased last season. I was and still now bitter disappointed how last season after the backing the manager has had over the last 3 season into building that squad. We should have done better. 

So, with less backing and a worse squad we are gunning for top 6.

What world do you live in Chaddy?

• Like 7