BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

8 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Indeed, but it is a depressive situation is it not? I mean from squad to management to owners it all looks appalling, which seems pretty depressing to me! 

We obviously have differing views on what is depressing. 

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

We obviously have differing views on what is depressing. 

Well obviously in a football sense! Am in no way comparing it to say the Pandemic, loss of loved ones or the many injustices around the world. That would be silly.

But then I don't think I, or anyone being negative, is doing so. Obviously the word is not being used in its clinical medical context. I've known a couple of people who have had depression and that is grim. But again, I think anyone could see from the context, no one was thinking it was clinical depression inducing. 

Or maybe you mean you don't think it's depressing in a football sense which renders the whole of the above moot. Perhaps you mean it would have to get a lot worse to class as depressing. In that case I'd say this slow death under Venkys is as bad as it gets and what it lacks in spectacular at the moment it makes up for in being unable to change the course. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Well obviously in a football sense! Am in no way comparing it to say the Pandemic, loss of loved ones or the many injustices around the world. That would be silly.

But then I don't think I, or anyone being negative, is doing so. Obviously the word is not being used in its clinical medical context. I've known a couple of people who have had depression and that is grim. But again, I think anyone could see from the context, no one was thinking it was clinical depression inducing. 

Or maybe you mean you don't think it's depressing in a football sense which renders the whole of the above moot. Perhaps you mean it would have to get a lot worse to class as depressing. In that case I'd say this slow death under Venkys is as bad as it gets and what it lacks in spectacular at the moment it makes up for in being unable to change the course. 

Even in just a football sense, being a Bury fan, would be depressing. Being relegated to non-league, would be depressing. Following an unorganised rabble in the second tier of English football may be a pain in the arse, but to me it is not depressing. As far as I am conserned; No more to be said on the subject.  

49 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

I think the way you frame this is a choice. I choose to always remain positive and it’s served me well in life.

What will be will be, only worry about the things you can effect. It’s better to endure pain with a positive mindset than a negative. Negativity doesn’t serve any person well.

Edited by Paul Mani

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

What will be will be, only worry about the things you can effect. It’s better to endure pain with a positive mindset than a negative. Negativity doesn’t serve any person well.

Which is probably the reason why 15,000 have one by one stopped bothering.

Self preservation. Remove the bad feelings from your life as they don't have any effect on Venkys... they just make yourself sad, angry, etc.

We can go back when they have gone, however long. You will also note they really couldn't care less.

• Like 5

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I think the way you frame this is a choice. I choose to always remain positive and it’s served me well in life.

It's not about you. It's about BRFC. All the 'positive thinking' in the world isn't going to make Mowbray a better manager, or Venky's better owners.  

• Like 8

There are times to be positive and there are times you have to be realistic.

Ignoring problems and sweeping stuff under the carpet is precisely what has lead Rovers from what they were to what they are today. At some point you have to say enough is enough and make a stand. That comes in various forms as we've read on here over the years. It is though why elements of hardcore support, some who've been with the club since the 70s/80s and seen worse times, are dropping away season on season.

Football is football it kicks you in the knackers but you've always got go have a 'we go again' attitude.  When you feel the piss is being taken though as it has here for most of the last decade then it's harder to stomach.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, JHRover said:

Quite astonishing that it seems some people are willing to just erase last season. 

I fully understand that some are desperate to get back to watching live football at Ewood (I dearly wish I was one myself). 

I'm not sure why that means that the slate should be wiped clean.

It is almost incomprehensible that Mowbray is still the manager of this club. His performance and body language last season, never mind the results of the team, clearly demonstrated that he had lost the dressing room and was ready for the sack. 

Because he's surrounded himself with sympathisers and sycophants at the club and the 'inner circle' he'll have a small army of people working away to eradicate last season and, of course, criticism or doubts about him moving forward.

Should he be here? No

Does he deserve to be here? No

Yet we have to put up with it because of the joke owners and joke structure we have here.

After 4 years most of us know how this is going to unfold and are bored stiff of the same old story.

It's hard to have any optimism when you know the setup isn't good enough and also know that it won't be changed regardless. No HOPE.

Great post and astonishing is the word.

What a great post from JH Rover. He's absolutely nailed it.

The season hasn't even started yet and already I can't bear to listen to Mowbray.

"The Registration embargo caused us to miss out on targets".

Christ. We knew this could be a potential problem months ago hence the statement on the Club website stating it'd be sorted. Which it was - but only at the very last minute.

How's about organising your affairs such that you don't cop a registration ban and can sign players early in the window then?

Treating everyone like absolute idiots again already.

• Like 8

It is strange how some seem desperate to paint situations as negative and depressive, as if they are unnecessarily so.

Keeping an underperforming, incompetent manager is not positive, selling your best player is not positive and being unable to sign players due to an embargo leaving a skeletal squad is again not positive.

Unsure it if has been mentioned, but we have been linked to Pelly Ruddock who recently left Luton. Rich Sharpe just seems to be an echo chamber for rumours elsewhere rather than doing any investigative work himself, but it seems again that we are behind other teams, in this case Boro:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19434658.blackburn-rovers-midfield-transfer-need-free-agent-linked/

21 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We should be challenging the playoffs and the manager whoever that this should be the expectations. 

Lost the dressing room? 

The thing is that you are so keen not to acknowledge the managerial situation that you don't factor it into your expectations. I am sure that we should feel like we can challenge for the play offs, but with a manager that you yourself want out, surely you accept that the chances of achieving such a target are slim to nil and that an underperforming manager will negatively affect our chances of that?

Also on Obafemi, I haven't "written him off" anymore than you. My mindset is more based on Armstrong and how any replacement is not going to be as prolific and thus is likely to be inferior, therefore our squad becomes weaker. I doubt that we will even sign Obafemi, the source is a very dodgy one. My point is that we would be replacing a proven goal scorer with someone unproven.

And no, I don't have any names in mind to replace him. We supposedly have a revamped scouting network to find someone, my comparative knowledge is obviously going to be very limited.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The thing is that you are so keen not to acknowledge the managerial situation that you don't factor it into your expectations. I am sure that we should feel like we can challenge for the play offs, but with a manager that you yourself want out, surely you accept that the chances of achieving such a target are slim to nil and that an underperforming manager will negatively affect our chances of that?

Yet again I have said time after time that Mowbray should have been sack and replace. But he hasn't been. So we go into the new season and for the target should be playoffs. Mowbray can have no excuses this season. So Yes the end of the season target should be playoffs/top 6. 

How many times do we need to go over this and the Mowbray situation? Its getting boring now

Also on Obafemi, I haven't "written him off" anymore than you.  I doubt that we will even sign Obafemi, the source is a very dodgy one.

Give over, you written off most players we are linked. 

Dodgy source? at least he covers Rovers and he is the only journalist in the national press that covers us. You moan about Rich Sharpe not be able to own transfers stories. 

My mindset is more based on Armstrong and how any replacement is not going to be as prolific and thus is likely to be inferior, therefore our squad becomes weaker. My point is that we would be replacing a proven goal scorer with someone unproven.

You aren't going to be able to sign like for like replacement as other people have pointed out before. That why need to sign a striker that will score 15 goals and then get goals from other areas of the team over the season. 

I don't see Obafemi has a direct replacement as that is impossible in most situations. Like we could never replace Shearer with like for like replacement. Or when we sold Rhodes and bringing in Graham who was a better all round striker than just a goalscorer. 

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

And no, I don't have any names in mind to replace him. We supposedly have a revamped scouting network to find someone, my comparative knowledge is obviously going to be very limited.

We might well bring in another striker from overseas or any other player targets but I think most overseas players will have to self isolating on arrive in the country

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yet again I have said time after time that Mowbray should have been sack and replace. But he hasn't been. So we go into the new season and for the target should be playoffs. Mowbray can have no excuses this season. So Yes the end of the season target should be playoffs/top 6. 

How many times do we need to go over this and the Mowbray situation? Its getting boring now

Give over, you written off most players we are linked. 

Dodgy source? at least he covers Rovers and he is the only journalist in the national press that covers us. You moan about Rich Sharpe not be able to own transfers stories. 

You aren't going to be able to sign like for like replacement as other people have pointed out before. That why need to sign a striker that will score 15 goals and then get goals from other areas of the team over the season. 

I don't see Obafemi has a direct replacement as that is impossible in most situations. Like we could never replace Shearer with like for like replacement. Or when we sold Rhodes and bringing in Graham who was a better all round striker than just a goalscorer. 

We might well bring in another striker from overseas or any other player targets but I think most overseas players will have to self isolating on arrive in the country

I do understand that the targets shouldnt be changed just because the manager is poorer, a logical club would sack the manager if that was the case.

What I dont get is how you genuinely seem to think that we could get into or challenge for the top 6 with the same manager that you want out. Same manager plus potentially the loss of a 28 goal striker yet you think there is even a slight chance that we make up a 21 point and 9 place deficit from last season? Surely you agree that having Mowbray in charge makes any play off hopes beyond us, barring an unexpected and sudden twist?

I havent written off Obafemi, I dont think that we will sign him anyway but my point is that we will be weaker without Armstrong. Specifically about Obafemi, I said that he is very raw and untested, obviously talented and I also acknowledged that we probably will need to take some form of gamble on a replacement because as a bottom half Championship club on a tight budget, we cant attract or indeed afford an equal replacement.

We have barely been linked with anyone because we havent been able to sign anyone, not that you would know with the lack of communication from the club. Kids on loan who have never kicked a ball in senior football like Leshabela and Clarkson? No thanks, we need experience. Johansen was linked, I think he would be a good addition. Reach is a predictable link, potentially a useful free but not well liked at his previous club. Obafemi, cant say I have ever seen much of him considering his very limited senior experience. So unsure, perhaps a similar stance to you who was "far from convinced." I suspect no one will sign for a good while yet.

I also think that it is illogical to expect the rest of the team to suddenly start scoring loads more to fill any void left by Armstrong. Brereton, Gallagher, Rothwell etc, none have any real history of scoring lots of goals. Will miss Elliott too.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I do understand that the targets shouldnt be changed just because the manager is poorer, a logical club would sack the manager if that was the case.

What I dont get is how you genuinely seem to think that we could get into or challenge for the top 6 with the same manager that you want out. Same manager plus potentially the loss of a 28 goal striker yet you think there is even a slight chance that we make up a 21 point and 9 place deficit from last season? Surely you agree that having Mowbray in charge makes any play off hopes beyond us, barring an unexpected and sudden twist?

Like I said time after time. Why do I need to keep repeating myself to you? my stance isn't going to change and you can either accept it or ignore it but it won't be changing

I havent written off Obafemi, I dont think that we will sign him anyway but my point is that we will be weaker without Armstrong. Specifically about Obafemi, I said that he is very raw and untested, obviously talented and I also acknowledged that we probably will need to take some form of gamble on a replacement because as a bottom half Championship club on a tight budget, we cant attract or indeed afford an equal replacement.

Like I gave you the example of Shearer in 96 or when we sold Rhodes and replace with Graham. 

You aren't going to get a like for like replacement and thats clear. 

I would take Obafemi in the deal for Armstrong to Southampton if he is moving here permanently. He has scored goals against Chelsea and Manchester United so clear has talent and that is something we can develop here in the years to come.  

We have barely been linked with anyone because we havent been able to sign anyone, not that you would know with the lack of communication from the club. Kids on loan who have never kicked a ball in senior football like Leshabela and Clarkson? No thanks, we need experience. Johansen was linked, I think he would be a good addition. Reach is a predictable link, potentially a useful free but not well liked at his previous club. Obafemi, cant say I have ever seen much of him considering his very limited senior experience. So unsure, perhaps a similar stance to you who was "far from convinced." I suspect no one will sign for a good while yet.

Does it matters that we aren't linked to players? 

Yes I am far from convinced that Obafemi will be 20 to 30 goals scorer if we signed but he could be good signing for us and score 15 goals a season. 

Reach not well liked at his previous club? does that matter and you are so obsess by what other fans think? You like that with every player link to us. Just look at what Sunderland fans said on Graham before he signed here and look at how that one played out. Or Tosin Adarabioyo and what WBA said. stop listening to other fans opinions as they mean nothing

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I also think that it is illogical to expect the rest of the team to suddenly start scoring loads more to fill any void left by Armstrong. Brereton, Gallagher, Rothwell etc, none have any real history of scoring lots of goals. Will miss Elliott too.

I have to disagree here. Time to step up the plate. Armstrong did. The team has score goals. Its a team goals. Our defenders, midfielders and forwards have to step up an score goals. Brereton is bang in form for Chile so hopefully he can reproduce that here. Plus others can score score goals

17 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Sounds like no (covid) passport no entry from the 19th.

Wonder how they will square giving refunds to those who have bought STs but can't or won't meet entry criteria.

No walk ons or away fans due to (admin) costs vs benefits.

Most people will have the vaccine anymore so stop trying to blown this out of portion again.  

also what has this got to with transfers anyway?

• Like 1