BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

3 hours ago, den said:

Dreadful buck passing effort from Mowbray there, insinuating the owners aren't backing him, he's been well backed and then some during his four and a bit seasons here and completely wasted that backing over the last three years.

Looks like the owners have decided they're not going to pay him off as was rumoured at various points towards the end of last season and might have turned the taps off in an effort to force him out.

They seemingly don't like criticism though as Paul Hunt would testify to. You'd like to think this veiled criticism might be the final push they need to finally give him a long overdue P45.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Oh well, looks like top 5 in the Premier League and champions league is now out of the equation now the 5 million per season and loans , as just become loans.

Beginning to think that Desai women tells fibs

Would you give Mowbray any more money to spend?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Dreadful buck passing effort from Mowbray there, insinuating the owners aren't backing him, he's been well backed and then some during his four and a bit seasons here and completely wasted that backing over the last three years.

Looks like the owners have decided they're not going to pay him off as was rumoured at various points towards the end of last season and might have turned the taps off in an effort to force him out.

They seemingly don't like criticism though as Paul Hunt would testify to. You'd like to think this veiled criticism might be the final push they need to finally give him a long overdue P45.

Whilst the current state of the squad is undoubtedly Mowbrays doing. It cannot be escaped that everything stems from Venkys. There is absolutely no strategy in anything they do and they are and always will be the root cause of the clubs ineffeciency and lack of direction.

A theory that they are turning off the taps is purely speculative but if that was the plan, it would be a bizarre one.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Rovers require a midfield general along the lines of a Gordon Cowans type figure. Someone who can fight and play and who the likes of Davenport and Buckley can learn from to enhance their game.

Disappointed that Ayala and Chapman are not on the park alongside Gallagher.

I heard the rumour last night about Rothwell being sold and a link to a social media post that a very close friend of his wife posted and then quickly removed, i understand it referred to her best mate moving away ! Take it as it reads, until I see it announced by a club then it hasnt happened yet.

Very annoyed at Mowbrays comments. Truly on his shoulders alone.

Isnt that why Bradley Johnsons still here?

7 minutes ago, neophox said:

Mowbrays time at Rovers looks numbered... be prepared for Johnson to take over..  in a cheap way like Bowyer did and then maybe ... we can hope somebody tells Venkys about Ainsworth...

How do they? 

33 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That cannot be a justifiable excuse. If they dont trust the manager to spend their money, get rid of the manager.

49 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I personally wouldn't , I'd just give it directly to the  North East failing footballers benevolent fund,  

but considering She and her brothers (probably) employed him and continue to - yes. Why wouldn't they? , he is still their chosen manager ,if they don't trust him , they should sack him .

Then again he may be holding them back from splashing the cash again 😉

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

They are hardly not giving money to transfers "to force him out". That wouldn't make sense, no matter how crazy they are! They are just cutting costs due to the pandemic. 

What annoys me is Mowbray getting his excuses in early and playing the card that he is hard done by. He has had enough time and money that we should still be competitive this season. 

His attitude is just going to compound the bad results. He's saying what's here isn't good enough and neither will the loans we sign. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Are they final comments? Or are they first impressions based on what people have seen so far? Unless people have said they’re final, maybe take them as the latter?

There was a post on here, which sadly I didn't quote, which was very final. A search of Pickering across the whole board doesn't seem to return what I originally saw, so perhaps hidden? Not everyone has written him off with final comments, but I saw at least one who had - and it's baffling to me.

1 hour ago, alex l said:

what are we expecting from a 650k player?  And with all due respect to our club, if Pickering really was that great a prospect, surely a club more likely to get promoted would have signed him. 

For £650k from a youngster from a lower Lower League Club I expect a bloody good player! A while ago now but King Kenny signed Alan Wright from Blackpool for £450k I think it was.

I'm making no comment about Pickering as I haven't seen him play yet and I think he has the profile of exactly the type of player he should be signing.

But equally you can't imo say don't expect much from a player because they only cost X or came from League 1 or 2.

We need all our signings to be good ones otherwise it's money wasted no matter how little they cost.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

For £650k from a youngster from a lower Lower League Club I expect a bloody good player! A while ago now but King Kenny signed Alan Wright from Blackpool for £450k I think it was.

I'm making no comment about Pickering as I haven't seen him play yet and I think he has the profile of exactly the type of player he should be signing.

But equally you can't imo say don't expect much from a player because they only cost X or came from League 1 or 2.

We need all our signings to be good ones otherwise it's money wasted no matter how little they cost.

Samba and Nelsen cost 6 figures and were brilliant even without their low fees. The point is though, you generally get what you pay for. 650k isn't much in football these days - I'd love Pickering to turn out to be a Samba type signing but that probably won't happen. Expectations of him should actually be fairly grounded in the context of his fee. 

Probably harsh to make solid calls on anyone at this stage of the season. If you do the same based on our friendly results so far, we're anything from L1 strugglers (edged by Fylde & lost to Bradford) to mid table in the Premier League (decent draw against Leeds).

Give the lads 10 games in the Championship, then we can start drawing early conclusions on the team & individuals.

22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

A while ago now but King Kenny signed Alan Wright from Blackpool for £450k I think it was.

Which is how much in today's money? £2-3m?

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Mowbrays time at Rovers looks numbered... be prepared for Johnson to take over..  in a cheap way like Bowyer did and then maybe ... we can hope somebody tells Venkys about Ainsworth...

Come on Neo there’s nothing to suggest his time here is numbered, he survived one of the worst runs of form in the clubs history last season. If he can survive that then he’s got a job here until he himself decides otherwise. Venkys clearly don’t give a toss. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Sorry I'm confused by this statement, Brereton still yet to show us what he can actually do? I'm really yet to see a championship level player.

I agree but Brereton can still show us what he can do.  Mowbray spent far too much on the lad which brought its own problems of pressure and since his arrival he has been basically used and abused by being played out of position.  Brereton is maturing as a young man and as soon as a half decent international manager gets hold of him his potential starts to come through.

In my opinion, after watching Rovers for the last 60 years, Brereton always had potential because his first movement is first class and probably up there with the best and that is something you just don’t coach into someone, it’s natural.  He needs coaching in other areas obviously but have Rovers got the personnel to do that.  Doubt it.

Big season for the lad coming up, that’s if we keep him as rumours are flying about Seville being interested.  Even if he is sold, which may be in his best Interests because I can’t see the idiots in charge here doing much for him, I expect Brereton to be a big player in the next 2 or 3 years.

Not expecting many to agree with that but that is my belief.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Possibly.

Dack only cost £1m though and was a lot more experienced than Pickering so maybe a better comparison.

Dack was a great bit of business. Pickering quite a bit younger I suppose. When he's 24 ish let's see how he's doing - I bet he's worth more than £650k.