BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

56 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Consider yourself lucky. It seems the targeted ads are for me to click on chaddys avatar

Screenshot_20210729-214925_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6c5f83db8a3ee43d6fd8e7f9eccf1330.jpg

My "targeted" ad the other day at the top of the page the other day was trying to sell me a Bentley.

I wish!

On chaddy, I was wondering where he'd gone, then remembered he mentioned he was away for the Leeds game. Must have been barred from coming on here whilst on holiday, Lol. 

Be killing the poor lad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Tony Mowbray :-

No incoming signings

Trying to borrow a few PL kids to keep our kids out.

Trying to sell Arma

Not expecting to re-invest any of the cash

Sounds well worth the ST money. Might aswell just do a bank transfer straight to his pension fund.

I'm coming round to the view more and more that if the options are

a) Sell Armstrong and bring in a few loans from Premier League Clubs

or

b) Keep Armstrong and have to use and develop our own youngsters

I'd rather do the latter.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Kie_BRFC said:

You’ve really not been paying attention if you think he’s not a championship level player

Well, if he is, its taken 3 years to get there and his contract is up in a year, so he could bugger off for nothing.

Does that represent 7M well invested to you?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, neophox said:

Mowbray has to go. 

If we sell Armstrong we have to keep faith in Dolan and Brereton as our main strikers with Gallagher coming of the subs to score and a joker in McBride. 

If he goes, he needs replacing. The answer to a 28 goal striker does not lie within, they need help.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Confident prediction by J*B.

One in one out by the end of the week from someone within the Club.

Looking like neither will happen unless we get a wiggle on.

His confident predictions have always been spot on 😳😳

• Like 2

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We lose 400k a week because of them and their incompetence, negligence and disinterest. If someone seriously hurt you on purpose and offered to pay for your medical care indefinitely, but did so ineffectively so you stayed at a rubbish hospital, would you thank them?

No, I wouldn't thank them, nor accept their offerings. I would slap them in the face, grab their hair slam their face into my knee, push them over and then jump on their man parts until they were crushed. Once finished I'd whisper in their ear 'how do you like snowballs now'.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If he goes, he needs replacing. The answer to a 28 goal striker does not lie within, they need help.

If he goes it sounds like the money won't be reinvested, or at least there is no planning around it(crazy), so it will be a loan or someone from within. That's the reality. Under a new manager I still think we could finish higher up the table, but with Mowbray and his reliance on Armstrong ,it's very worrying. 

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

or

I'd agree if the club didn't need money being brought in in the next 12 months to prevent us being sanctioned again.

If we don't sell Armstrong and let him go on a free who are we selling for 10+ million next summer?

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'm going to predict nobody signs today.

Seems far more sensible than J*B's prediction.

Said this many times on twitter but we are an absolute joke club at the moment. To be in the position we are is an absolute embarrassment.

Loaning other clubs youngsters is so counter productive too. Unless you're loaning an Elliot we should be playing our own youngsters. Time to look after our own investments. What's supposed to be our model again?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I can see us starting the season in similar fashion to Coventry did in 2016-17. The parallels are remarkable - team full of kids, not enough 'men', injury prone players and reliance on loans. I have to wonder how much of that is down to inept ownership and how much is down to an inept manager who is clearly stubborn and welded to his principles and over inflated opinion of himself.

I think a few are going to be surprised by how far off it we are, distracted or misled by a good performance against Leeds the other day.

Pretty sure he trotted out the "you can't build a team on loans" line at Coventry, just like he did the other day.

The short sightedness and lack of forward planning with regards to recruitment has been unbelievable.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

or

c) Use and develop our own youngsters in a system that suits them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I can see us starting the season in similar fashion to Coventry did in 2016-17. The parallels are remarkable - team full of kids, not enough 'men', injury prone players and reliance on loans. I have to wonder how much of that is down to inept ownership and how much is down to an inept manager who is clearly stubborn and welded to his principles and over inflated opinion of himself.

I think a few are going to be surprised by how far off it we are, distracted or misled by a good performance against Leeds the other day.

You can see it, we can all see it but we will see how many in the press dare to question it. Surely some broadcast outlet will ask "what the hell is actually happening at Blackburn", they won't!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Pretty sure he trotted out the "you can't build a team on loans" line at Coventry, just like he did the other day.

The short sightedness and lack of forward planning with regards to recruitment has been unbelievable.

Thought we were on ‘a journey’, ‘a slow build’, ‘the owners had to be told to slow down’ ?