BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

People on here says earlier say someone could be in...I don't know mate...he can do some things that Mowbray should be killing himself to get out of him each game...no plan nothing.

No plans here, only journeys. The road to nowhere, a big ole circle.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

you can over the hill at any age,due to injuries,motivation,attitude or any number of factors,shevchenko for example was well past it when he signed for chelsea,despite only being 30,maybe reach is`nt shot,it just seems to me that tony only goes for shopworn players because they are content not to rock the dressing room whereas a young,hungry player will take more managing,tony does`nt do managing,coaching or seemingly anything,he`s already said he does`nt monitor fitness levels,we don`t practice set pieces and he does`nt do tactics,not a lot happens at brockhall by all accounts🤫

I think you hit the nail on the head 5 lines in 👍😂

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

People on here says earlier say someone could be in...I don't know mate...he can do some things that Mowbray should be killing himself to get out of him each game...no plan nothing.

One thing I will say in Mowbrays defence when it comes to Rothwell (I am not a Mowbray fan).

But from watching the games on ifollow the amount of times I heard Mowbray and the bench screaming at Rothwell to get further forward was unreal and Rothwell just ignoring them playing centre of the park when his attributes are primed for the final third.

I am in total agreement that Rothwell is talented but I question his work rate, desire and most of all his intelligence

• Like 2

Lets have a think about numbers. 11 out the door, pretty much all of them either very experienced players or high quality youngsters.

Two or three that had well and truly run their course, another handful that still had something to offer yet perhaps not enough or not fit enough.

Reality is they are gone. Options we no longer have to call upon. People with know-how to step into the battle at Barnsley or Millwall on a Tuesday night.

Now it seems it might be a case of one in, one out. I suspect that's the only way Mowbray will get agreement to bring in Reach and Rothwell and Mowbray don't see eye to eye.

Rothwell is also one of the few with any serious value who other clubs might take an interest in looking at our rapidly depleting asset base. 

But the reality is, whatever people think about Rothwell or Reach and the pros and cons of each of them it takes us no further. A week or so until the big kick off, maybe Reach for Rothwell and a few quid into the back pockets, but still losing one of our few attacking options with any quality and still 11 players down. 

Its a disgrace.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LDRover said:

If true that's a truly appalling piece of business. Reach is a cart horse, like a modern version of Rick Holden, the scruffy, useless Oldham/City winger from the late 90s. And I'll bet he gets a boro style length of contract.

Mark my words, this lad is crap.

Sounds like our man. The Boro connection clearly sealed the deal.

• Like 4

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if Rothwell has asked to leave. Wasted under Mowbray.

Keep Rothwell, sell Armstrong and use the money to pay off the Mowbrosaur and invest in a new manager.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, neophox said:

Seems we have changed to a 3-5-2 formation for this season...that would surely end our  wing play with Gally and Breo ..... think its down to numbers missing.

moggasaurous is hardly likely to stick to one formation is he,we`ll back to widestrikerville come the game against swansea,if keeps playing 3/5/2 i`ll climb on the blackburn end roof and do a naked moon dance😀

Just now, roversfan99 said:

"We had a sponsor picture before the game and because it was a betting company they needed players over 25 and we only had two in the dressing room!"

Then goes on to say that we are signing youngsters on loan from "super clubs."

Maybe he thinks this is all a laughing matter and a big joke.

I don't think risking Championship status is a joke, not when it could be devastating to this club. Yet that is exactly what they are doing by allowing this situation to unfold of releasing half a squad with no plan and few options to replace them other than waiting for hand outs.

I don't think it is funny that his management has wasted countless millions, including dishing out helpful contracts to his favourites for no reason.

Maybe he thinks acting as a feeder/leaser club for 'giants' to offload their kids like a parent sends their toddlers off to nursery for the day is all Blackburn Rovers should be. No other Championship club would accept this. 

Why have we just employed his mate to lead recruitment if this is the sum total of our ambitions?

No mention of the owners and their generosity again. Isn't it amazing how they suddenly disappear out of the picture when the cupboard is bare?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19475833.mowbray-makes-transfer-admission-blackburn-rovers-search-goes/

We are just lining up prem loans of their younger players.

There i did it, killed everyone's mood.

mowbray,start doing some work and scout down the lower leagues you lazy waste of space,don`t see why we should bring on other teams players then give them back,it`s bloody stupid,unless they are absolute top class players of the future though if they were they would`nt be loaned out to us would they

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

mowbray,start doing some work and scout down the lower leagues you lazy waste of space,d

He has....this Pickering who everyone is slagging off tonight who looks average to say the least......nobody with any quality aged 25-30 will sign for this knob, and that's just the way he likes em....either too young so desperate,  or too old and desperate.  

Worrying times.

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

If I was a young player at Rovers I’d be knocking Mowbray’s door down. Another year developing a Braithwaite whilst we have a Carter on the bench. 

I don’t think there’s much doubt that the likes of Carter will be playing this season as well as  Prem loans….

Mowbray: “We might get four, might get five, might get six, but they have to be way below salary levels"

I can't see Reach's salary demands being in such a low bracket.

Relying on loans is so short sighted, I'd much rather blood our own youngsters.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

If I was a young player at Rovers I’d be knocking Mowbray’s door down. Another year developing a Braithwaite whilst we have a Carter on the bench. 

That only works on the assumption that the player brought in is not very good or not ready. If a loan player is better than what we already have then its a different story and a deal should be pursued. Carter played a few league games for our first team and was well off, signing a Harwood Bellis is a considerable upgrade and is a good signing, maybe with Carter then getting game time elsewhere, as even without a signing there, with Wharton, Lenihan and Ayala, he might struggle for game time elsewhere. Its all about the quality of the loanees. If its a loanee like Reed, get him in, if its a Jack Byrne, may aswell prioritise Davenport and Buckley. If its an Elliott, again get him in, if its a Samuelsen, we may aswell play Dolan. 

Its not as if Mowbray doesnt play young players, in fact we dont have enough experience, which would be my main worry regarding loanees.

8 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He has....this Pickering who everyone is slagging off tonight who looks average to say the least......nobody with any quality aged 25-30 will sign for this knob, and that's just the way he likes em....either too young so desperate,  or too old and desperate.  

Worrying times.

i suppose it`s beyond our scouting dept to find an  ivan toney or ollie watkins,though we should be desperately searching everywhere for new talent instead of tony pretending to be mates with pep or klopp and getting their cast offs,got a horrible feeling we`ll end up with neco williams the useless welsh right back for a season as well as some random city player that pep does`nt think much of

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Worrying times.

For fucks sake this lad came from Crewe and was against one of Europe’s finest forwards give him a bloody chance 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

For fucks sake this lad came from Crewe and was against one of Europe’s finest forwards give him a bloody chance 

To be fair, the young lad looked miles better.  And I'll say, I've known Lennie since he was 13, he's come on a bit.....surprised me, since he came from Liverpool the club look to have done well with him....he was never a left back at a younger age.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

To be fair, the young lad looked miles better.  And I'll say, I've known Lennie since he was 13, he's come on a bit.....surprised me, since he came from Liverpool the club look to have done well with him....he was never a left back at a younger age.

Where did he play out of interest? Happens with a lot of younger players, have talent but it needs moulding into a proper footballer.

I must say he looks a real prospect.